PDA

View Full Version : Brushes

Shiny
05-22-2014, 10:57 PM
Today I had a sudden realization that I have too many brushes. Well, makeup brushes that is. Fortunately they all seem to serve a purpose. The Sephora brush is for translucent powder, the Mac brush is for liquid foundation, the cheap brush from Walgreens is for eye shadow, the Bobbi Brown brush is for eye concealer, and the they longer Bobbi Brown brush is also for eye stuff, but I got it because it feels amazing. I remember one time I got a brush to scratch my Chicken Pox.

How many brushes do you have? Hair brushes? Art brushes? What do you use them for?

Alive-Cat
05-22-2014, 11:08 PM
What if most of the members on this forum are actually brushes?

Lone Wolf Leonhart
05-22-2014, 11:13 PM
No brushes here. I don't even comb my hair. Run my hand through it after a shower, i'm good to go.

Shorty
05-22-2014, 11:21 PM
I have a kit of makeup brushes that was I never use because the only brush I use from it is to apply powder. I tried a brush once for liquid foundation and I hated it.

I have one brush for my hair! Three or four hairpicks for teasing my hair, though. I don't know why so many.

Shiny
05-22-2014, 11:23 PM
You have black people Afro hair picks? I think I love you.

Shorty
05-22-2014, 11:24 PM
That's what these are, right?

http://missnicselegantedge.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/139069631.jpg

Used them every day of my life! I use them to part my hair, to hold my hair while I'm straightening or curling it, to tease it. I would die without picks.

Shiny
05-22-2014, 11:33 PM
Yes, that's the one! I didn't know they had so many uses. I need to get one as a back scratch.

Newmani
05-22-2014, 11:35 PM
Well I have a bunch of combs. I end up losing them rather often though so we always end up buying more. They're of varying sizes but they all get the job done.

noxious.sunshine
05-23-2014, 04:08 PM
Lol we used to have picks .. My sister and me. I haven't owned one in years.

If I'm bothered to tease my hair, I use a rat tail comb (which I don't have atm).

Otherwise, I have 2 brushes. One is like made from horse or buffalo hair or some shit that's a paddle and the other is a round brush with the synthetic bristles.

I almost never actually brush my hair though. I just finger comb it out.

Miss Mae
05-23-2014, 04:14 PM
I have three make up brushes - liquid foundation, powder and eye makeup.

I have two hair brushes - normal and curling - and a comb.

I have possibly an infinite number of art brushes. Like I honestly don't know how many paint brushes I have anymore - it's gotten ridiculous. I should probably sort them. They have their own dedicated drawer in the set I use for my art supplies.