PDA

View Full Version : Legend of the Crystals: Have you seen it?

Spooniest
05-23-2014, 10:05 AM
It was directed by Rin Taro and is pretty average as far as animated films go, but there's a certain amount of nostalgia in it for me...I used to ask my mom to rent it from Blockbuster Video when I was a kid.

So have you seen it? Would you like to?

Vyk
05-23-2014, 12:38 PM
The FFV anime? Yeah. It amused me. But barely had anything to do with Final Fantasy. It had a nice futuristic/post-apocalyptic/steampunk vibe going on. And crazy antics that made me laugh in my younger years. Once I got the interwebs I tried pirating it a few times. But could never find the right version

Mercen-X
05-23-2014, 07:09 PM
The chick's panties glowed.

Vyk
05-27-2014, 08:51 PM
I actually want wouldn't mind playing a Final Fantasy (or any JRPG) in that world. The weird alien steampunk'ness, I like that world but its rare to find something like that outside of things like Heavy Metal, or Liquid Television or something (a legit Aeon Flux game?)

Wolf Kanno
05-28-2014, 08:35 AM
I actually want wouldn't mind playing a Final Fantasy (or any JRPG) in that world. The weird alien steampunk'ness, I like that world but its rare to find something like that outside of things like Heavy Metal, or Liquid Television or something (a legit Aeon Flux game?)

It's actually suppose to be FFV world though I think a few centuries later.

Seen it? I own it and the silly special phone cards that came with it. It was an okay film but it was not either Rin Taro's best work nor one of FF's better moments and it still adds to my feeling that FF sequels are poor in quality.

Ayen
06-07-2014, 02:42 AM
No I haven't.

Pike
06-30-2014, 07:39 PM
Did you know that apparently FFV sort of inspired an anime? BECAUSE I HAD NO IDEA.

Final Fantasy: Legend of the Crystals (ファイナルファンタジー Fainaru Fantajī?) is an anime OVA based on the Final Fantasy series of role-playing video games. It was released in Japan in 1994[1] and distributed by Urban Vision in 1997 in North America on VHS. Urban Vision have since lost the distribution license and to date the series hasn't been released in any other format, such as DVD, following its initial video release.

Legend of the Crystals takes place 200 years after the events of Final Fantasy V. It is divided into four thirty-minute OVA episodes spanning two VHS tapes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy:_Legend_of_the_Crystals

I honestly had no idea this existed before now.

Anyone seen it?

Wolf Kanno
07-01-2014, 12:35 AM
Yes, yes I have. (http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread.php/156706-Legend-of-the-Crystals-Have-you-seen-it);)