PDA

View Full Version : Does this happen to anyone else?

Jinx
05-23-2014, 12:56 PM
I have a lot of vivid dreams (not lucid dreams, although I do have those too) and when I'm having a vivid dream where I'm dealing with pain, I can always ACTUALLY feel it.

I mean, I guess I'm feeling it in my dream, but when something's happening in my dream that's causing me pain, my brain responds and I actually feel it while I'm dreaming.

example: teeth are falling out and i feel every little grind, snag, and twist

Does this ever happen to anyone else?

Agent Proto
05-23-2014, 01:00 PM
You're not the only one who experiences this. I've had this happened to me a couple of times when I dreamed.

Shorty
05-23-2014, 03:13 PM
Nope! Not pain.

Miss Mae
05-23-2014, 04:22 PM
Yeah, I've had this. My subconscious really enjoys fucking with me in my sleep. More than 50% of my dreams involve the death of someone I love or me dying just as I wake up, and sometimes I wake up distressed, crying or in pain. It sucks. Mark of a good imagination though, I suppose? That's really not much consolation though.

Alive-Cat
05-23-2014, 04:26 PM
Sometimes my pain has dreams in which it's not pain but actually kittens

Psychotic
05-23-2014, 04:28 PM
Not so much, no.

But I woke up this very morning really god damn angry after a dream with the thought "Yeah, well this was just a dream, therefore it's not real and so I god damn win! Go smurf yourself!" I forgot the dream entirely, so quite who I was so angry about or what we were in a confrontation about I don't know. I just remember I was really not impressed about it when I woke up. Still, I'm pleased that my "this is not real and you're a dream, ergo I win" rebuttal managed to win this evidently important debate.

Miss Mae
05-23-2014, 04:55 PM
heard of drop bears
We actually refer to them as a 'battalion' of drop bears.

Pumpkin
05-23-2014, 07:21 PM
Yep

Vermachtnis
05-23-2014, 07:33 PM
I had this dream where I was fighting a vampire and woke up with a sharp pain in my neck.

Jess
05-23-2014, 07:46 PM
The other night I dreamt that I was in bed, asleep, and there was two huge spiders crawling about near my face. A second later I am awake, diving out of bed and searching frantically for the dream spiders.

Most of the time my dreams are weird as hell but because it was so real it creeped the hell out of me and I was certain there were spiders in my bed. I couldn't get back to sleep for hours :(

Dat Matt
05-23-2014, 09:00 PM
Sometimes when I am sleeping I will think of a pretty lady and then I'll wake up and the sheets are sticky...

Serious though, I don't have Lucid/Vivid dreams, so I've never had the experience of physical pain from dreams.

Scotty_ffgamer
05-26-2014, 02:52 AM
All my dreams are pretty vivid. I feel pain anytime something happens that should cause me pain, from stubbing my toe to getting shot with a gun. Gun shots are always bad, but the worst was a dream involving myself getting badly burnt. Anyways, this is why I always hated in tv shows and books as a kid when people would pinch themselves in order to see if they are asleep.

Dream Scott is a particular fan of proving people wrong whenever I'm told you can't do something in a dream. I've been told you can't punch people, and that night I had a dream that just involved me punching people as hard as I could. I've been told you can't read in dreams, which that night I found myself spending an entire dream just reading things.

Night Fury
05-26-2014, 03:36 AM
Yes, I'm a lucid dreamer and everything feels real.

Shaibana
05-26-2014, 06:25 PM
what i often have in a dream is that my bodem jaw gets stuck :l
i cant move it but i puts a lot of presure on the teeth of my upper jaw. (put the teeth from the lower jaw behind the teeth of the upper jaw and press the lower jaw foward)
its horrible becaus i can really feel it.

i can not really remember other sorts of pain but the feeling of falling from great hights. luckely i never hit the ground

the best feeling in a dream is having controle over your actions.
im pretty much trying to train myself to do that

Rez09
05-26-2014, 06:34 PM
example: teeth are falling out and i feel every little grind, snag, and twist

This is actually one of the most common dreams I have, and, even more annoyingly, I almost always end up convinced it is a dream at the start and convinced it is real about halfway through.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
05-26-2014, 06:35 PM
If I ever feel pain in bed it's because I wake up to a charley horse.

Iceglow
05-26-2014, 07:23 PM
I lucid dream most of the time. However, when I'm not lucidly dreaming they're always very vivid. The weirdest one was dreaming that a friend of mine licked my face. I could literally feel the cold of her tongue (in the dream she'd just drunk something ice cold), and the texture of it and most strangely of all the moistness of it. I was pretty weirded out and impressed at my imagination for dreaming that level of detail.

ScottNUMBERS
05-26-2014, 08:20 PM
I get sleep paralysis and my chest literally feels like it's compressing in my sleep and I can't wake up. When this happens I dream that I'm having a fit, or something is crushing me. Once I learned to not fear it my dreams weren't so horrific.

Apart from that, not really. I get electric shocks quite often in my dreams which feel very real - but not painful. These usually wake me up.