PDA

View Full Version : The Sequel that Never Was

Dat Matt
05-24-2014, 02:17 PM
Do you ever wish old games had a sequel or a new iteration for current generation console? As a Nintendo fan I don't have that problem!

Jokes about Nintendo aside, what is a series or an old game that you would like to see in this generation?

I personally would like to see a New FF Tactics game.

Colonel Angus
05-24-2014, 02:27 PM
Kid Icarus always stands out for me when this subject comes up.

The World needs a sequel to Starfox64. Well, @ least I do.

Pike
05-24-2014, 05:29 PM
Do you ever wish old games had a sequel or a new iteration for current generation console? As a Nintendo fan I don't have that problem!

Super Mario RPG would like a word with you :colbert: (Paper Mario/Mario & Luigi don't count. They just aren't the same!)

Pumpkin
05-24-2014, 05:29 PM
New Suikoden and new Dark Cloud. These are things I would personally fund if I was rich

Raistlin
05-24-2014, 05:40 PM
I have to second the votes for a FFT sequel and a new Suikoden.

Perducci
05-24-2014, 07:07 PM
Also in for a new Suikoden and FFT.

Would have also loved Breath of Fire 6 to be an actual entry in the series rather than some mobile social game or whatever it is they're doing with it.

Dat Matt
05-24-2014, 09:08 PM
I hear about that. After Dragonquarter (Was that BF5?) I heard that was awful.

I Took the Red Pill
05-24-2014, 10:00 PM
Have been awaiting Megaman Legends 3 for centuries now. Every once in a while there will be a rumor and then it just dies pathetically. Actually not even sure how it would/could work on current-gen consoles but if they managed to pull it off I think my anus would prolapse instantaneously.

metagloria
05-24-2014, 10:09 PM
Have been awaiting Megaman Legends 3 for centuries now. Every once in a while there will be a rumor and then it just dies pathetically. Actually not even sure how it would/could work on current-gen consoles but if they managed to pull it off I think my anus would prolapse instantaneously.
This. More than anything.

Also a third Chrono game, for crap's sake Square, do you hate money?!

Wolf Kanno
05-25-2014, 09:01 PM

It's different, but it is surprisingly fun, it just changed a lot of things that made the hardcore fans very displeased. I honestly feel it is one of the better entries.

I would love a direct sequel to the main Suikoden series. Konami is still making the series but they are outsourcing it and most of the original team have been moved to different departments so we haven't had one set in the same world since Suikoden V but there have been two entries since then that are unrelated beyond the collect 108 people mechanic.

I would love to see a prequel to Xenogears that deals with Lacan's life. It would be epic.

I also would love a proper sequel to Robotech: Battlecry because it was a great game that just needed some tweaking to the controls and gameplay to make it into one of the best Macross/Robotech games on the market.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
05-26-2014, 07:59 PM
The Legend of Dragoon :(

I will accept a prequel about the Dragon Campaign. Let's make it happen.

Perducci
05-26-2014, 08:18 PM

It's not that it's awful, it's just that (to me, at least), it doesn't really feel like a typical BoF game. Had they just called it 'Dragon Quater' with no connection to BoF I probably would've enjoyed it more. I didn't really get to far on it, though so maybe I should sit down and give it a proper playthrough.

Psychotic
05-26-2014, 08:27 PM
Where is my god damn fucking Bully 2 already :colbert:

Bunny
05-28-2014, 02:11 AM
Suikoden deserves to have as many iterations as Final Fantasy has.

A new Wizardry game (actual Wizardry, not the "MMO" or the console disaster they released several years ago) would be nice. Same with a Destiny of an Emperor. Legend of Dragoon is another worthy one.

Vyk
05-28-2014, 02:41 AM
Can we have a real Resident Evil again? :3

There's a Sega Saturn game, that I played so much it fried my system. I can't think of any other game that I put so many 10 - 12 hour sessions into. Dragon Force. It had a sequel in Japan on PS2. But that was it. Still one of my absolute favorite strategy RPGs ever. And even though I don't really trust Sega to make competent sequels half the time, I would love to have another one. Hopefully they'll finish translating/patching Dragon Force 2. And I'll find a way to make my computer happy to emulate it

And it goes without saying that I'll always and forever yearn for another REAL Shining Force game, or something kindred to its styles. Camelot could easily do this. They have the capability to make a Shining Force'esque game, and just call it something else ala Demon Souls / Dark Souls. But no. Sadface :(

Formalhaut
05-28-2014, 03:13 PM
I really want a sequel to The World Ends With You. That was a brilliant gem of a game.

Loony BoB
05-28-2014, 04:41 PM
Duke Nukem Forever needs to be released (shut up I'm in denial).

EDIT: But seriously, the games I want sequels to more than anything - Dreamfall and Freelancer - are both having sequels made. I'm a pretty happy chappy in this department at the moment. That's not even touching on the Alpha Centauri 2 thing goin' on.

krissy
05-29-2014, 04:10 AM
Where is my god damn smurfing Bully 2 already :colbert:

They called it GTA 3 for some reason

Scotty_ffgamer
05-29-2014, 06:40 AM
Zombies Ate My Neighbors.

maybee
05-29-2014, 11:51 AM
Chrono Trigger

Cross doesn't count.

That horrible game

Colonel Angus
05-30-2014, 12:24 AM
Chrono Trigger

Cross doesn't count.

That horrible game

Chrono Cross is excellent. It has an excellent story & a great lineup of characters. I'll give you the battle system can be annoying @ times, but for the most part it works very well.

Bolivar
05-30-2014, 03:06 PM
Vyk, Polnareff, Skyblade and them know I really want that Shining Force IV. I can't understand why Sega uses this IP without going the obvious route.

And then there's Valkyria Chronicles 3 - a finished game I may never play for translation hold ups.

I also really want Kojima to make a MGS Peace Walker successor on Vita given how glorious that would naturally be.

Vyk
05-30-2014, 03:28 PM
Vyk, Polnareff, Skyblade and them know I really want that Shining Force IV. I can't understand why Sega uses this IP without going the obvious route.

And then there's Valkyria Chronicles 3 - a finished game I may never play for translation hold ups.

I also really want Kojima to make a MGS Peace Walker successor on Vita given how glorious that would naturally be.

http://vc3translationproject.wordpress.com/

Their translation has mostly been done for some time. But your comment made me wonder if they'd created a patch yet, and it turns out they have

Now I have to go see how the progress for Shining Blade is progressing, since that one's been completely translated already as well and just needs someone to create a patch

NeoCracker
05-30-2014, 05:54 PM
...Yeah, I'm just holding out no hope for a new Lufia game that actually answers the questions of who is Arek The Absolute. :(

A new entry of Mother would be much appreciated as well.

chionos
05-30-2014, 06:12 PM
M___F___ing Vagrant Story. Or at least a remake. Holy shit what a beautiful game. I third (or fourth or fifth, w/e) FFT. Of course the Advance series DOES NOT COUNT.

Wolf Kanno
05-30-2014, 11:42 PM

There was talk after they bought out Atlus of letting Atlus handle some of their unused RPG IPs.