PDA

View Full Version : The Other Long or Short?

Pumpkin
05-24-2014, 06:21 PM
Do you liked the long eidolon animations or the short one?

I like the long ones because then I can go make a sandwich or something

Jinx
05-24-2014, 08:19 PM
Don't the long ones have a higher attack power?

I like to see the long animations once or twice, but after that I prefer shorter.

ScottNUMBERS
05-24-2014, 10:50 PM
If you have the ability Boost active it will display the long attack animation, which also increases their power. I'm not actually sure if there is an option for long or short animation separate to this.

I like long because your HP continues to rise if you have Auto-Regen on (which you should :mad2:).

BlueD
05-25-2014, 04:31 AM
Do you liked the long eidolon animations or the short one?

I like the long ones because then I can go make a sandwich or something

i'm guilty with this too

you probably love the Ark then!

Dat Matt
05-25-2014, 12:19 PM
I NEVER use eidlons/summons in any game. The time invested for them is not worth the damage they do.

Consider using Ark with power boost. This would deal about 5000-6000 damage and takes about a minute for the summon. Conversely, using "Shock" with Steiner, "Dragon's Crest" with Freya, both deal 9,999 without 5 second cast time. I don't see the appeal of them.

The only thing I would use it for it perhaps Summons like Carbuncle. Adding Haste/Reflect to the party would be useful.

Jinx
05-25-2014, 02:29 PM
Honestly, same as Mr. Shauna. I did find them useful in Kuja's Castle, though.

The only summons I really use are Carbuncle and Phoenix (when I just can't heal fast enough and everyone's dead). I always use Eiko in my party over Garnet anyways.

Psychotic
05-25-2014, 08:18 PM
I NEVER use eidlons/summons in any game. The time invested for them is not worth the damage they do.I'm the opposite. I always make them my go-to attack. And go long or go home.

Dat Matt
05-25-2014, 11:32 PM
I feel if you can make a cup of tea in the length of time it takes to get an attack off, then something has gone wrong.

Mirage
05-26-2014, 12:01 AM
I NEVER use eidlons/summons in any game. The time invested for them is not worth the damage they do.

Consider using Ark with power boost. This would deal about 5000-6000 damage and takes about a minute for the summon. Conversely, using "Shock" with Steiner, "Dragon's Crest" with Freya, both deal 9,999 without 5 second cast time. I don't see the appeal of them.

The only thing I would use it for it perhaps Summons like Carbuncle. Adding Haste/Reflect to the party would be useful.

This.

If anything, I use them as a stepping stone before getting the actually good attacks. In FFX, i used them as meat shields.

Colonel Angus
05-26-2014, 02:48 AM

This.

If anything, I use them as a stepping stone before getting the actually good attacks. In FFX, i used them as meat shields.
That was the best use for them in X. They were great against Malboros in particular.

Freya
06-02-2014, 12:59 AM
Oh I didn't even think about auto regen just ticking away as it went through the animation.

Of course I like short as I want to get on with the battle but IX did it well with the whole long ones being boosted.

BustaMo
06-13-2014, 01:44 AM
I like to see the long animations once or twice, but after that I prefer shorter.

This is my thinking exactly. For the first time to see the whole sequence played through and see the entire show in its beauty, I'll love the long version. However, once I get a glimpse of the entire scene, I want to see just the shortened version to speed up the battle. No need in wasting precious time. :cool:

Sefie1999AD
06-14-2014, 09:50 PM
I prefer long animations because they deal a lot more damage, and they let Auto-Regen restore more HP. :)