PDA

View Full Version : Favourite airship

Mirage
05-25-2014, 02:54 AM
So guys and guyettes, which airship do you like better, the Fahrenheit (http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130327204713/finalfantasy/images/8/87/FFX-airship.jpg)or the Celsius (http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080225072534/finalfantasy/images/2/2c/Celsius_1.jpg)?

Pumpkin
05-25-2014, 03:17 AM
Fahrenheit

BlueD
05-25-2014, 03:24 AM
fahrenheit. Its amazing how fast those Al Bhed did a full restore on that thing in a matter of days lol paint and all!

Mirage
05-25-2014, 03:28 AM
A few days? I imagined it took at least several weeks of spira-time from when they were on that ship until they got on the airship.

BlueD
05-25-2014, 03:36 AM
It couldn't of been longer than a week.

From the time he fell over board

-The night in Besaid
-A night in Kilika
-A night at Rins
-They spent a night at Djose
-And lets say another night for when they were under Lake Macalania before they got sent off to the Sanubia Desert.

Unless I'm missing something in there

Edit: plus a night or two on the SS Liki and a night at the the inn when Yuna watched Lord Jyscals sphere

blackmage_nuke
05-25-2014, 03:40 AM
Farenheit. If theres a ffx-3 they should call it the Kelvin

Mirage
05-25-2014, 03:44 AM

-The night in Besaid
-A night in Kilika
-A night at Rins
-And lets say another night for when they were under Lake Macalania before they got sent off to the Sanubia Desert.

Edit: plus a night or two on the SS Liki and a night at the the inn when Yuna watched Lord Jyscals sphere

So you believe that they walked across the entire world in less than 7 days. You're not going to make me agree to story-time only passing when we see people take a nap. It'd take me longer to bicycle from south to north of Norway, and that's both a faster means of transportation, and just a tiny country in a much larger world. And this is not counting all the time they wasted getting captured by Yevon, taking detours to who knows where, and lots of other stuff.

BlueD
05-25-2014, 03:49 AM

-The night in Besaid
-A night in Kilika
-A night at Rins

So you believe that they walked across the entire world in less than 7 days. You're not going to make me agree to story-time only passing when we see people take a nap.

well regardless restoring a ship that was sitting at the bottom of an ocean that quick is impressive

Mirage
05-25-2014, 03:52 AM
The power was still working after a thousand years of being drenched in water when they went down there to check it. I'd say ancient machina was *very* resistant to corrosion and wear. I don't recall exactly how the interior of the vessel was when tidus and rikku dived down there, but I don't remember seeing any rust or anything anywhere. I'm not sure how much work they would actually have to do to it. Chances are that giving it a new paint job was the biggest job they had to do in their restoration efforts :p.

So I'd say we're talking about at least four weeks between the two points, and also dealing with a ship that was "mostly" functional when they found it.

Anyway I'm voting for the Celsius simply because it looks so fucking metal. It's like a flying chopper (not the helicopter variant).

Colonel Angus
05-25-2014, 04:03 AM
This'll be one of the few times I vote Celsius.

Aulayna
05-25-2014, 02:19 PM
Celsius. Set cruise-control for cool.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
05-26-2014, 05:50 PM
Celsius looks like it'd be a better place to live for long amounts of time but i'm partial to Fahrenheit for the classic gaming memories. I went through a lot to get it, pulling it up out of the desert and all that.

If I were to ride Sin to Spira tomorrow, I think I would cave and pick the Celsius though. So majestic.

Can't vote.

Ayen
06-07-2014, 12:11 AM
Celsius easily for me. Just looks way cooler.

Depression Moon
06-07-2014, 12:57 AM
Both designs are ugly to me, but I'd pick Farenheit over the Celsius's motorcycle design.

Jiro
06-08-2014, 12:52 PM
Fahrenheit was pretty cool. I think Celsius is trying too hard but it has its perks.

Colonel Angus
06-08-2014, 04:51 PM
I think this would've been a great poll in the general FF section, listing all the various airships. This series has had so many great airships. So many, in fact, that these two may barely, if not @ all, crack the top 10 all-time Airships.

Parker
06-08-2014, 09:12 PM
the celsius is gross as hell

"lets fly around in a lobster/motorcycle" - al bhed IDIOT¬!!!

Lone Wolf Leonhart
06-09-2014, 07:27 PM
Celsius has a bar.

Just sayin'.

Colonel Angus
06-10-2014, 12:20 AM
Celsius has a bar.

Just sayin'.
Plus it has it's own Hypello.

Psychotic
06-10-2014, 08:16 AM
Celsius is the airship of kings.

Jiro
06-10-2014, 11:17 AM
drinking and flying sounds like a bad idea

Rocket Edge
06-10-2014, 04:47 PM
Both look like a cool place to live & but Celsius has a bar, though wasn't fond of Celsius's design.

Sephiroth
06-10-2014, 08:23 PM
Fahrenheit is savaged from deep under the sea by exploiting Tidus.

Celsius is found through a gull that is eaten by Aniki and Buddy which led to the name "Gullwings".

Fahrenheit does not look as good as the Celsius.

Celsius is in the story part where Aniki is more idiotic than usual.

Fahrenheit is used for fighting [Sin], Penance/Der Richter (Japanese and German name) and Evrae.

Fahrenheit is used for awesome rope sliding action.

Celsius is used for 1000 words.

Fahrenheit is used as last jump place for Tidus.

Celsius comes right after Tidus is whistling.

Hard decision.

Christmas
06-22-2014, 04:50 AM
I would prefer Celsius mainly because there is a hypello dwelling there. An airship is always safer with a hypello. :bigsmile:

Skyblade
06-28-2014, 06:40 AM
I would prefer Celsius mainly because there is a hypello dwelling there. An airship is always safer with a hypello. :bigsmile:

And yet the Celsius was the one which was broken into and robbed.