PDA

View Full Version : rub a dub dub

Jess
05-25-2014, 08:24 PM
Shower or bath? Or both? How often? :jess:

I only like to shower. I have to shower every morning, as soon as I get up. I can't do anything else until I've had my shower. Breakfast? No hungry belly, you will have to wait!

If it's hot or I've done anything particularly physically exerting, then I'll shower again later.

A few years ago we were having a new bathroom fitted and I had to take a bath for a few days because the shower hadn't been fitted yet and I hated it. :(

Alive-Cat
05-25-2014, 08:33 PM
The showerbath; the rarest of treats. Is it a bath, or a shower, who knows? The only problem is, with acceptable shower heat (not too hot) the bath water is cold. If you want warm bath water, shower has to be really hot. It's best to cycle between the two.

Newmani
05-25-2014, 08:38 PM
I'd love to take baths as I like soaking in water but we have no bathtub; just a shower. Not that I don't like showers, but it's real hard to soak when you can't even run the hot water at full capacity because your hot water cores don't heat the water fast enough.

Pumpkin
05-25-2014, 09:06 PM
Shower

Colonel Angus
05-25-2014, 09:15 PM
Baths are like sitting in a pool of your own filth. It's got to be a shower or stink to death.

noxious.sunshine
05-25-2014, 09:40 PM
Bath, then a shower.

Unfortunately, our bathtub drains very quickly even with the drain plugged.

And my cat tries to save me from it Everytime.

Miss Mae
05-26-2014, 02:24 AM
I love baths in winter or when I'm sick. Generally I just shower. Sometimes just in the morning, sometimes just in the evening, sometimes both. :gator:

Shorty
05-26-2014, 06:24 AM
I take showers most often. I love taking long, relaxing baths with candles, scented oils, and a show on Netflix.

I bathe (shower) every other day. Don't even care. I maintain appropriate hygiene including face-washing, teeth-brushing, deodorant-wearing, perfume-applying, hand-washing, among other personal hygiene rituals I will not disclose. I smell clean and I feel fine and I hate water, and I refuse to conform to the pressure of society in bathing every day because I hate it :colbert:

Pumpkin
05-26-2014, 06:25 AM
I love water. I would shower 3 times a day if I could :monster:

Psychotic
05-26-2014, 08:11 AM
I like to shower every morning. Like Jess I do it even before breakfast, though it comes after brushing my teeth in my morning rituals.

I take a hot bath if I want to relax or if I've got any sore or aching body parts, usually my back.
Baths are like sitting in a pool of your own filth. It's got to be a shower or stink to death.I've seen this said, but it's like... how dirty and filthy do you have to actually be before this is the case?

Loony BoB
05-26-2014, 02:33 PM
We have a bath! :jess:

I hate baths. :stare:

It's got a shower head, it's a bath-shower hybrid! :jess:

Shame it's still a freakin' bath, though. :stare:

My ideal situation would be a two-headed shower! :jess:

So I don't have to wait for Danielle. :stare:

Alive-Cat
05-26-2014, 04:01 PM
The only times it would actually be a really bad idea for me to take a bath is after I've been running and it's rainy and muddy. But there is such a good, manly feeling about getting into the shower and actually needing to wash and seeing dirt and mud drip off you.

I always shower though because I never ever have 20 minutes to spare in the morning let alone the hour or so it would take me to mentally prepare myself for leaving the nice, warm bath.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
05-26-2014, 05:58 PM
I like both.

I only really take a bath if I am sore though. I just make it steaming hot and soak in it to help loosen my muscles up. And then I clean off in shower mode.

Shaibana
05-26-2014, 06:09 PM
i dont like showering.
at the moment i have everything nicely spread across the week.
Monday after sport, wednesday and thrusday after work, and friday after sport :)

showering every day? Hell no, that takes way too much time, even if its just a quick cleanup.

at my previous job i had to shower every day after work. at that moment i was cured from taking long showers.

i like taking a bath maybe on the holiday when there is no rush of any sort of kind, or on vacation.
i dont have a bath in house

Shiny
05-26-2014, 06:12 PM
We have a shower/bath but there's always my sister's gross hair in it so I refuse to sit my body in there. Shower all the way!

Perducci
05-26-2014, 11:29 PM
Both are good. Grew up in a bath-only house, so given the choice I'd probably go with bath. At the moment we've only got a shower, so it's usually a shower every morning and if I've been busy through the day I'll usually take one when I get home from work.

Mercen-X
05-27-2014, 02:43 AM
Last time I had a soak was probably at 8 or 9. These days I only shower: hot water in winter, cold water in summer... the latter is perhaps less effective at sterilizing the body, but summer is hot enough without hydraulic insulation...

Jessweeee♪
05-27-2014, 03:35 AM
I shower, only every other day. My skin gets super irritated and I break out if I do it every day, also that's an extra hour of sleep on the days I don't shower! I have a problem with efficiency when it comes to showering. I just can not focus on what I'm supposed to be doing and my mind wanders and I think about stupid mundane things like imaginary conversations with the various people in my life. So what should take 10-20 minutes takes me forty minutes to an hour because I suddenly snap to and realize that for the past ten minutes I've been standing still doing nothing and thinking about that cool tv show I watched yesterday.

Yamaneko
05-27-2014, 04:54 AM
As relaxing as a bath sounds, it's much more convenient to rub a dub dub in the shower.

Ayen
05-27-2014, 07:02 AM
I used to take a bath all the time as a kid but now I only shower.

Bubba
05-27-2014, 04:54 PM
I have been mentally scarred with baths ever since my older brother used to expel turd bullets when my Mum bathed us together as kids.

I love showers though. Always have one in the morning and I will occasionally have one in the evening too as a treat.

There was a time in one of my old flats where the boiler was very temperamental. I had no hot water for days at a time and had to have an all over wash with a cold flannel. This was not enjoyable.

~*~Celes~*~
05-28-2014, 12:54 AM
I shower every other day. My husband surprised me with a bottle of bubble bath about a week or two ago due to being stressed out all the time, so I took two baths last week in my regular schedule :D I have to admit, it was very nice!

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
05-28-2014, 04:00 AM
I showered twice today.