PDA

View Full Version : FF songs with special feelings

Jinx
05-26-2014, 12:28 AM
Are there any FF songs you're especially attached to?

Flowers Blooming in the Church is a special song to me. When I was dealing with some pretty bad insomnia during high school, I'd often put this song on and it would help me drift off to sleep. Even when I couldn't sleep, it helped relieve a lot of the physical turmoil I was going through and I'd be able to get into a state of relaxation that was fairly restful.

Even now, if I'm having trouble sleeping, usually that song will help me nod off. It's just very calming to me.

Mirage
05-26-2014, 12:36 AM
Holding my thoughts in my heart
Interrupted by fireworks

Niot even sure why, I just do. Might just have been a very impressionable time in my life.

Sephiroth
05-26-2014, 12:40 AM
One-Winged Angel
Those Chosen by the Planet
Ahead on our Way
Final Fantasy Main Theme
Prelude
Interrupted by Fireworks
Kimi ga iru kara
Melodies of Life

Newmani
05-26-2014, 12:59 AM
I have a connection to Cid's theme (FFIV specifically) and Anxious Heart. Cid's theme always made things feel like an adventure, and Anxious Heart always had this wonderful atmosphere that was in perfect synch with my own life.

Pumpkin
05-26-2014, 01:08 AM
Most of the FFIX soundtrack actually. The game is very therapeutic to me and it helps me when I'm down or trying to sleep or just trying to cheer up

Colonel Angus
05-26-2014, 02:49 AM
The Main Theme XII
Celes' Theme VI

Shorty
05-26-2014, 06:16 AM
Just Eyes on Me. Lots of nostalgia.

Psychotic
05-26-2014, 08:17 AM
I used to walk to school and sixth form back when I was a teenager, which is also when I'd just beaten FFVI. Whenever the wind, rain or snow came beating down I always used to hear Terra's Theme in my head and it used to inspire me to push on through the elements, like I was some hero on a quest. Yeah, dorky, but hey, if that's what it takes to make 35 minute walks in the pouring rain fun then so be it!

Alive-Cat
05-26-2014, 05:37 PM
I already mentioned this today but https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMvHTlWyxH0 Anxious Heart 4 life, the song just sounds like being under 10 years old to me. (It's probably one of the most depressing songs in the game but for nostalgia's sake doesn't really depress me at all to listen to for some reason)

That great riff that comes in at 1:17 EoFF you knooowwwww.

starlet
05-26-2014, 05:49 PM
Oh there's lots! I listen to a lot of overworld themes while I'm hiking about in the woods, then I start feeling like I'm actually in the game. I listen to Burmecia's theme when it rains. I especially like this version (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmbgCBZ86z4) of You're Not Alone, as its very relevant to my life right now for.....reasons that I'm not going into right now :love:

Colonel Angus
05-26-2014, 08:52 PM
Watching fake Yuna perform Real Emotion stirs up some special feelings in me.

Spooniest
05-27-2014, 03:10 AM
3Q5wRuDo95s

This one makes me feel all mushy und tingly inside. (spits)

Karifean
05-28-2014, 07:41 PM
Three in particular:

- Final Fantasy X's Ending Theme
- The XII rendition of the Final Fantasy Main Theme
- The Distant Worlds version of Prelude

Love them. So much.

Colonel Angus
05-29-2014, 12:24 AM
One I failed to mention is the death song in FFI.GRqf4j-RRxY

Ayen
06-04-2014, 04:34 PM
Aerith Theme, Kefka Theme, The Sorceress Theme, the song you hear after starting a new game in FFVIII, and the first song you hear in FFIX. I'm too lazy to look up the names for the last two.