PDA

View Full Version : DAREDEVIL

Jess
05-26-2014, 07:34 PM
How much of an adrenaline junkie are you? What's the craziest thing you've done? :radred:

Would you go sky diving? Go bungee jumping? Cliff jumping? Rock climbing? Have you?

Do you love roller coasters and the like?

I am a wimp. Even roller coasters scare me! If anybody ever asks me to go to a theme park, I'll always make an excuse.

I have done indoor skydiving, though! That was really fun, but I think I could only enjoy it because it was in a safe contained environment. There's no fucking way I'd ever jump out of an actual plane. :onoes:

Shauna
05-26-2014, 07:35 PM
I am perfectly fine without the adrenaline of things thanks. ._.

Perducci
05-26-2014, 08:01 PM
Roller coasters are great. I'm way too much of a wimp to do a sky dive or a bungee jump, but last summer I had a go on this:

7Gs54j050P8#t=1m20s

Skip forward to 1:20 if you want to get past all the build-up.
It was pretty awesome, I recommend it to anyone who gets the chance - I'm pretty terrified of heights but managed to get through it ok.

Shorty
05-26-2014, 08:02 PM
A zipline! I'd do a zipline. Oh christ I would never go cliff jumping or rock jumping or bungee jumping. I can handle rollercoasters as long as they are not colossal monstrosities that go upside down. I am not an adrenaline junkie.

I do love rides that pick you up and flip you around like crazy, though. The Samurai at the Lagoon theme park in Utah is nuts (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdgpSlqqIco) and I smurfing love it. I get crazy motion sick, so with roller coasters it's more of a caution of "how long will I be incapacitated afterward" as opposed to the fear of heights, though the fear is still there. For some reason, The Samurai doesn't leave me too sick afterward.

Colonel Angus
05-26-2014, 09:18 PM
I was hoping this'd been about Marvel's Daredevil.

I'm not much for roller coasters or open heights. Even standing on a chair to change the battery in the smoke detector sometimes makes me woozy.

Shaibana
05-26-2014, 09:37 PM
ive done canyoning (i dont know if its called the same in english, but at this you have to follow a river and jump from rocks into the water or slide down etc)

there i jumped i'd say 6-7 meters down into the water (in my mind it was atleast 10)
when i was younger i would avoid such things, but at a certain moment a switch fliped over in my mind and now i want to take on these kind of challenges becaus i want to push the limits, and i know i will regret it if i dont!
i really want to do it again!

Psychotic
05-26-2014, 09:53 PM
Straight up coward and unashamed to admit it! I enjoy roller coasters whenever people have dragged me onto them, but the worst bit for me is those hour+ waits. The design of the waiting areas is usually done to enhance your anticipation and I'm left totally on edge about what's to come. If I could just waltz in I'd be a lot happier with going on them, but normally I stay far away!

That being said, I absolutely love being on a plane that's being bounced around pretty badly by turbulence. I think it's great fun.

Crop
05-26-2014, 10:01 PM
I've done a few daredevil-ish things, but no skydiving or bungee jumping yet, although I absolutely would love to do them.
I'm certainly no adrenaline junkie, but if I have the opportunity to do any sort of "extreme" ride or event, I'll certainly do it at least once.

Roller coasters are great. I'm way too much of a wimp to do a sky dive or a bungee jump, but last summer I had a go on this:

7Gs54j050P8#t=1m20s

It was pretty awesome, I recommend it to anyone who gets the chance - I'm pretty terrified of heights but managed to get through it ok.

That looks pretty damn fun, I might have to go there this summer. Thanks.

Madame Adequate
05-26-2014, 10:08 PM
I like going fast!

Drift
05-27-2014, 01:54 PM
I have a bucket list of things I want to do, it does include bungee jumping, skydiving and snowboarding. Going fast is great, when you're not gonna hurt anyone else.

Perducci
05-27-2014, 07:55 PM
I've done a few daredevil-ish things, but no skydiving or bungee jumping yet, although I absolutely would love to do them.
I'm certainly no adrenaline junkie, but if I have the opportunity to do any sort of "extreme" ride or event, I'll certainly do it at least once.

7Gs54j050P8#t=1m20s

That looks pretty damn fun, I might have to go there this summer. Thanks.

It was great. Only lasted about a minute but it was well worth it.

Also, this September I have stupidly agreed to take part in a Tough Mudder race. Probably not as daredevil as jumping out of a plane, but from the videos I've watched it looks fairly brutal and possibly deadly. I guess I'll have to wait and see what happens on that one...

Alive-Cat
05-27-2014, 09:51 PM
I basically think I want to do everything I possibly can, but as of yet, have only really went on rollercoasters and turbulent planes. Yes turbulent planes are great. The first time I ever flew I was 20 and on my own, had no idea how I'd take it, I loved it, and when the turbulence started going on I just wanted more. SHAKE IT

~*~Celes~*~
05-28-2014, 12:48 AM
Roller coasters are about the best I will ever willingly do.

noxious.sunshine
05-28-2014, 05:40 AM
I love roller coasters. The crazier, the better. I don't scream, I laugh my head off the entire time.

I wanna do a zip line and try bungee jumping. I will never do sky diving. HELL NO. Nor do I have any desire to go up in a hot air balloon.

I also love cliff jumping. We used to do it all the time when I was younger- me n my big brother.

oooo and I wanna go whitewater rafting. And snowboarding and surfing and and and and!

blackmage_nuke
05-28-2014, 05:55 AM
Sometimes when Im feeling really down I'll be open to doing something stupid and crazy like driving way over the speed limit (only on empty motorways) or having unprotected sex but it takes a lot to get me to that idgaf zone

When Im in a good/average mood Im more of a wimp but I'll still go on a rollercoaster or rock climb with a harness or whatever as long as its safe

sharkythesharkdogg
05-28-2014, 01:46 PM
I would totally try bungee jumping or sky diving but I haven't.

I do enjoy amusement park rides a good bit, and I have my car racing that I do.

Iceglow
05-29-2014, 11:24 PM
I abseiled down Battersea Power Station, I've done 2 bungie jumps and would kill to do a parachute drop. What's more fun than being bounced around in a plane during turbulence? Leaping out of the perfectly good aeroplane at 10,000 ft up!

I'm an adrenaline junkie, can take a fair bit to get me going since I have hyper active adrenal glands anyhow. But yeah roller coasters, rides which dangle me 60ft high upside down, abseiling all that jazz? My kind of stuff.

Shiny
05-29-2014, 11:41 PM
I've been on some pretty brutal roller coasters and free falls. I would most likely try cliff jumping and sky diving when I get the chance. Something about bungee jumping doesn't sit right with me though and I refuse to do it . The most daring thing I really want to do is deep sea dive.

Ayen
06-04-2014, 03:59 PM
Would you go sky diving?

No.

Go bungee jumping?

No.

Cliff jumping?

No.

Rock climbing?

No.

Do you love roller coasters and the like?

Hell no!

The only daredevil in my life is the comic book character.

Alive-Cat
06-04-2014, 07:03 PM
When I'm out with friends, you know at the end of the night, you're all drunk, and hungry, you go to the nearest 24 hour tesco or what have you. I'm always the guy that says 'PUSH ME INTO A BUSH IN THIS TROLLEY'

I'm 22 and I'm still the guy that says 'PUSH ME INTO A BUSH IN THIS TROLLEY'

I've never really incurred any serious injuries, just cuts and bruises.

Jiro
06-05-2014, 09:12 AM
When I'm out with friends, you know at the end of the night, you're all drunk, and hungry, you go to the nearest 24 hour tesco or what have you. I'm always the guy that says 'PUSH ME INTO A BUSH IN THIS TROLLEY'

No one ever lets me push them around in the trolley. I'm always the guy saying "GET IN THE TROLLEY"

Miss Mae
06-05-2014, 09:15 AM

No one ever lets me push them around in the trolley. I'm always the guy saying "GET IN THE TROLLEY"
It's true. Whenever he sees a trolley on the side of the road he wants to know if I want to get in it. Generally it's like the middle of the day, on the side of a busy road, we're both entirely sober and I'm wearing a dress or something equally unsuited to being pushed around in a trolley. I'm yet to say yes. He is very persistant though.

Ayen
06-05-2014, 09:18 AM

Please tell me you say this in an Arnold Schwarzenegger voice.

Quindiana Jones
06-05-2014, 09:19 AM
Honestly cannot fathom why he stays with you, tbh.

Shlup
06-05-2014, 10:38 AM
I like safety.

Jiro
06-05-2014, 01:24 PM

Please tell me you say this in an Arnold Schwarzenegger voice.

Nope but I will have to after this. Easiest way to make every situation MORE EXTREME

Calliope
06-05-2014, 01:32 PM
I'm a fan of fast cars. And Jiro, I still sometimes race trollies in supermarkets :jokey:

Jiro
06-05-2014, 01:35 PM
I'm a fan of fast cars. And Jiro, I still sometimes race trollies in supermarkets :jokey:

Literally one of my favourite things to do in life ever is to speed down the aisle and then hop up on the trolley so I just glide like an absolute nutcase posing a threat to every living person in the store. I do not know how I haven't crashed into anyone, permanently maiming them, or like scared an old person half to death as they pop round the corner and see a purple-haired streak flying towards them.

Alive-Cat
06-05-2014, 02:40 PM
At least I know there are people here on this forum who will be there for me and push me in a trolley xxxxxxxx

Colonel Angus
06-05-2014, 04:52 PM
It took me a while to realize you guys were talking about grocery carts.

sharkythesharkdogg
06-05-2014, 05:28 PM
In my dumber days I would go to empty parking lots late at night with friends. We used to hop in shopping cart (trolley, or what have you), and hold onto a friends car until they got us up to speed. The you could cart race! :D

It sounds about as safe as it is.

Alive-Cat
06-05-2014, 06:35 PM
'grocery carts' I like that. Might have to start using that one!

Colonel Angus
06-05-2014, 11:36 PM
In the US Trolleys are another name for Streetcars, that ride on rails. I guess we learn something everyday. :lol:

Quindiana Jones
06-06-2014, 03:48 AM
You know when you give your trolley a nice push and surf it around the supermarket aisles? I tried this in Sainsburys with an empty trolley. It went okay until I decided to put my legs out. Obviously the trolley flipped and crushed my fingers, taking an awful lot of skin with it.

I love trolleys.

Ayen
06-06-2014, 03:56 PM
I pushed a grocery cart the other day and it was loud as smurf.

Jiro
06-07-2014, 02:08 AM
In the US Trolleys are another name for Streetcars, that ride on rails. I guess we learn something everyday. :lol:

So, trams? Weird.

I realised I never posted on topic: I'm a mild daredevil. I have a lot of apprehension to get over. Been on mental waterslides and some crazy rollercoasters before. They're not my jam at all but sometimes I just go "fuck it" and try. Sometimes it can be fun. Other times, not so much. I was really worried about disappointing pant leg eater from the bad world when we went to Disney Land 'cause he's a bit of an adrenaline junkie but I managed to survive alright.

qwertysaur
06-07-2014, 04:29 AM
I've done Kingda Ka.
Went skydiving
Gave my cat a bath.
:bigsmile:

Alive-Cat
06-07-2014, 12:37 PM
I've done Kingda Ka.
Went skydiving
Gave my cat a bath.

If I dressed as a cat would you give me a bath?

starlet
06-07-2014, 04:17 PM
Gave my cat a bath.

Truely, you do indeed live life on the edge.