PDA

View Full Version : Things you've learned from video game characters

Pumpkin
05-27-2014, 05:00 AM
Joke responses are okay because they are funny, but also try to think of something serious. Has there been a character in a game that you identify with? Or maybe one you don't but on some level you respect something about a person like that and you would like to follow their lead?

I've been playing DQV and I married Nera and my goodness she is the most positive person. I speak to her after talking to most NPC's and no matter what, she has something positive to say about someone. It is an excellent quality to be able to look at the world in that way and I want to try to do that more often

Quindiana Jones
05-27-2014, 07:01 AM
Always let women go first up the ladder, and groping their ass is a great way to show you are romantically interested and - assuming you can heroically save the entire world - may lead to a long-term relationship and place in royalty.

Jowy
05-27-2014, 09:15 AM
I married Bianca because she's got a heart of gold.

The true face of evil will take arrows to the chest and die a horrible death in the woods during a night raid.

maybee
05-27-2014, 03:37 PM
Final Fantasy IX characters- If you are a nice person and a gentle person. True friends will always be there for you, even during your worst moments. True friends will up you stand up again, after you have tripped up. Basically true friends are always there for each other.

Bubba
05-27-2014, 03:50 PM
- Press start to play
- Don't open that door!
- Taking a lockpick when you are the Master of Unlocking is useful
- There ain't no gettin' off this train we're on
- WAIT!!!!!! EVEN WHEN THE TIMER GETS REALLY LOW!!!!
- You've got to catch them all

krissy
05-31-2014, 06:33 AM
http://gamessavedmylife.tumblr.com/

personally
jade from bge taught me to stand up to the man
sorry aaron

Ayen
06-06-2014, 05:34 PM
Yuna was a character, who like me, grew up into her religion and it was all she's ever known her whole life. It was something she never questioned until someone on the outside looking in asked the obvious one that was staring her in the face the whole time and she admitted to just how little she knew after all. Even after it was all exposed as a lie she continued to do what was right and eventually came out even stronger for it, in no small part due to friends and family. That always stuck with me. As well as these:

Gray Fox: We're not tools of the government or anyone else! Fighting was the only thing... the only thing I was good at, but... At least I always fought for what I believed in...

Solid Snake: Life isn't just about passing on your genes. We can leave behind much more than just DNA. Through speech, music, literature and movies...what we've seen, heard, felt...anger, joy and sorrow...these are the things I will pass on. That's what I live for. We need to pass the torch, and let our children read our messy and sad history by its light.We have all the magic of the digital age to do that with. The human race will probably come to an end some time, and new species may rule over this planet. Earth may not be forever, but we still have the responsibility to leave what traces of life we can. Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing.

I could probably go on great length with just the Metal Gear Solid franchise, but I'll leave it at that.

Newmani
06-06-2014, 06:38 PM
Do a roll the minute you hit the ground from a high fall and all fall damage will be negated.
If you see a purple mushroom, DO NOT EAT IT. It will kill you.
If someone starts cackling manically it's a bad sign. Get your gun ready.
You will get an extra life every 10,000 points.
For the love of God, DO NOT TAUNT SEPHIROTH WITH RABBIT JOKES. There are dire consequences.

black orb
06-07-2014, 06:43 AM
>>> Pick a sword kill things and earn money, if you die you can revive where you saved.
Sadly real life isnt that easy..:luca:

Colonel Angus
06-07-2014, 07:03 AM
Poor shion, looking for serious answers in this place.

Karifean
06-07-2014, 04:32 PM
The happiness of getting and having is more important than the sadness of losing.