PDA

View Full Version : Sword of Kings

Del Murder
05-27-2014, 07:47 PM
We all know equipment is key in RPGs. People often spend several weeks or months of their life trying to get one piece of rare equipment in MMOs. So what is the rarest thing you've acquired in an RPG?

I once got the Seven sword in Final Fantasy Legend 2. It had like a 0.5% drop rate from a rare enemy. So that was cool. I'm also proud of the Homam armor set I got from FFXI. It wasn't super rare but it took a lot of work to get the full set since there was a rotation in our group.

And no I've never gotten the fabled sword in the thread title. :(

NeoCracker
05-27-2014, 11:43 PM
I've gotten it. :cool:

And probably the rarest I can think of is that and the other Rare Earthbound Drops. :p

Mercen-X
05-28-2014, 12:24 AM
I wouldn't know. Whenever I acquire something, no matter how much time and effort it took, the achievement gets buried in my mental archives. I draw a blank.

theundeadhero
05-29-2014, 11:03 PM
I also once won the seven sword in Legends 2 but that was randomly.
I spent 3 days farming a mist silk cape on FF XI.
I spent a few weeks grinding rep on wow for my "The Insane" title.
I spent a few months farming MC to get [Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros]

I Took the Red Pill
05-30-2014, 10:28 AM
I was playing Pokemon Gold on the bus on the way to school and I caught a Shiny Pokemon. I am almost certain that it was a golduck. Can't quite remember because holy shit, that was almost 14 years ago now. Supposedly the chances of that happening are 1/8192.

Pike
05-30-2014, 10:43 AM
Spent I don't even know how long farming a stupid Red Whelpling in World of Warcraft. I could have sold it for ridiculous amounts of gold but I decided to keep it because it was cute.

There was another mini-pet my guildies found for me that was a super super rare drop, some sort of tabby cat that could only be farmed by Horde and I was Alliance at the time. Somehow they managed to get it all the way to me and I was super grateful :flirt:

(I looked these up just now and both of these have a 1 in 8000 drop rate, good lord)

theundeadhero
05-30-2014, 02:32 PM
Also, 40 days to make bloodvine gear in Vanilla wow. It took 10 pieces of mooncloth and you could only make 1 piece every four days. Why Blizzard, why...

Jowy
05-30-2014, 09:20 PM
WoW pets...goddamn you Captured Firefly. Two of my cartridge save files have a Sword of Kings, GBA version of FFVI's got a Paladin Shield if that counts.

Pete for President
05-30-2014, 11:52 PM
I guess all everyone's ultimate weapon in FFX are the rarest I've had in my arsenal, especially Lulu's, Kimahri's and maybe Tidus'.