PDA

View Full Version : Holiday!

Crop
05-27-2014, 08:36 PM
It's that time of the year where folks start going on their vacations/holidays/trips or whatever you want to call it!

Just finished the booking for my two week trip to NYC. I usually enjoy travelling for a longer period of time, but I really wanted to go back to the States and it'll be nice to get such a long break from work.

Anyone else got any holidays planned for the upcoming months, or maybe later on in the year?

Pumpkin
05-27-2014, 08:38 PM
I have a weekend getaway to Knoxville coming up within the next few weeks!

Also going to be going to Atlanta eventually

metagloria
05-27-2014, 08:44 PM
I have a weekend getaway to Knoxville coming up within the next few weeks!

Also going to be going to Atlanta eventually

Heck yeah, Knoxville. Good part of the country.

Jess
05-27-2014, 09:29 PM
I'm not going abroad this year :( but next year I am! Twice! I'm not sure 100% where yet, though. :jess:

The first will be somewhere in Spain for a long weekend. The second is a mystery. I'm hoping for a Greek Island! I loveeee Greek food. :excited:

I haven't arranged any trips away in the UK for this year yet, either. I'm saving pennies, but will probably go and visit family which is always a nice long weekend away!

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
05-27-2014, 09:39 PM
Uh. I'm going to Gatlinburg, TN next week. Family reunion with the redneck folk we don't talk about.

And down to somewhere in SC for 4th of July.

Yep.

Alive-Cat
05-27-2014, 09:43 PM
Just maybe, Crop, I am trying to arrange a holiday back in time to the days when we used to fish, walk down the beach together, build forts, etc, except instead of you, it will be a cardboard cutout of your EoFF avatar but really big, bigger than me. So I feel safe.

~*~Celes~*~
05-28-2014, 12:36 AM
We don't have any plans to go away too far but here are some places we will be going this summer, preferably before the baby is born:

http://www.saudervillage.com/home/default.asp
https://www.toledozoo.org/
http://www.toledomuseum.org/exhibitions/art-video-games/ (I've always loved the art museum but this particular exhibit sounds awesome!)
http://imaginationstationtoledo.org/

and last but not least, our local pool :D

Colonel Angus
05-28-2014, 01:03 AM
The last time I went away somewhere was 11 yrs. ago. :crying:

starlet
05-28-2014, 01:29 AM
I may or may not have a trip to columbus in the works for sometime with in the next couple months :shifty:

Shorty
05-28-2014, 02:28 AM
I will be going to Portland again in the next couple months!

05-28-2014, 03:44 AM
I will be going to Portland again in the next couple months!

omg have you been to Powell's? You have to go to Powell's. YOU HAVE TO. For me. I miss it. Go to the Gold Room and let it know I still love it.

Shorty
05-28-2014, 03:45 AM
I've been to Powell's and I've been to The Gold Room and it was lovely, friend. :love:

05-28-2014, 03:48 AM
Oh goodie! Isn't the best place in all the world? It is.

Bah. I miss Portland. It really is a wonderful place.

Also Seattle. I love Seattle too.

But Portland. And Powell's.

Shorty
05-28-2014, 03:50 AM
Seattle was nice, but Portland felt like a home I've been away from for far too long. Whenever I've gone there it's been just lovely. I could spend a week inside Powell's and likely not visit every shelf! Do you know that they're doing construction across the street and opening it up even more?

Portland is best for holidays.

05-28-2014, 03:59 AM
Ah yes. Portland feels like home for me too. Well, it really kinda is home. I'm from Vancouver, right across the river.

That is exciting!
I'm really sad that Rocco's Pizza isn't right across the street anymore. I used to go to Powell's and then to Rocco's for lunch/dinner. And then hit up the bars or clubs, and then go back to Rocco's for after party food.
Now it is some hipster pizza place. Which is still pretty good. It just isn't Rocco's.