PDA

View Full Version : RPG's in which you can have a family

Pumpkin
05-28-2014, 02:04 AM
What are some RPGs where you can get married and have kids, kind of like DQV and Fire Emblem(I think?)

Vyk
05-28-2014, 02:15 AM
Fire Emblem: Awakening definitely lets you romance and have kids. I don't recall anyone talking about marriage, but I think it's just "understood", if not outright done. But I just hadn't heard of it

Skyrim and Fable let you build fairly generic families, but they exist. I wouldn't write home about their implementation though

Pumpkin
05-28-2014, 02:16 AM
I have Fire Emblem Awakening but I am so awful at it that I didn't get very far

Del Murder
05-28-2014, 02:28 AM
Harvest Moon does it.

Vyk
05-28-2014, 02:45 AM
I have Fire Emblem Awakening but I am so awful at it that I didn't get very far
Off-topic, but I don't think playing it on Easy with classical mode turned off takes away from the game at all. Play it on easy and enjoy the story :3 Unless easy is still too hard (I don't know how it scales), in which case you have my condolences. I haven't finished the game, but I played enough to know that it is amazing and deserves most of the hype people pile on top of it

Pumpkin
05-28-2014, 03:23 AM
How could I forget about Harvest Moon?!

I did have it on Easy with classic off :(

Colonel Angus
05-28-2014, 03:34 AM
The monsters make babies in FFTactics, even if you just have one monster in your party. Ramza...:shifty:

Skyblade
05-28-2014, 05:21 AM
How could I forget about Harvest Moon?!

I did have it on Easy with classic off :(

Rune Factory also does it. And, as with most features from Harvest Moon, does it better. Heck, in RF3 and RF4, you can take your family adventuring with you (and, in fact, there are certain areas in RF4 that can only be unlocked if travelling with your whole family).

I really wish I had some way to help with Fire Emblem. If you want to make it easier, the best way would be to grind. Buy the Golden Gaffe DLC mission. Easily repeatable for a ton of gold and experience. Overlevel, then crush the heck out of the enemy.

Pumpkin
05-28-2014, 05:27 AM
I have one of the Rune Factory games for the PS3 but I have yet to play it!

Skyblade
05-28-2014, 05:38 AM
I have one of the Rune Factory games for the PS3 but I have yet to play it!

Honestly, while the only console game in the series I played was Rune Factory Frontier, I have to say that it's more frustrating to play than the handheld ones (the Runeys, one of the big design features, are not well implemented, and the world size conversion serves to seemingly reduce your time). The best in the series is definitely Rune Factory 3 for the DS. You should play it.

I might LP that one, if I can ever get through Gale of Darkness. Rune Factory has a good structure for photo Let's Plays, I think.

Pumpkin
05-28-2014, 05:41 AM
I would read that LP for sure

Yellow_Magic
05-28-2014, 06:29 PM
Pokemon

Formalhaut
05-28-2014, 06:45 PM
I think the 'families' feature is very underrated. If I played a game with a family or marriage implementation, I'd lap it up.

It's part of the reason why I love The Sims so much. :p

Tasura
05-28-2014, 11:38 PM
Record of Agarest War. The entire point is to chose a wife and make a kid, then you play as that kid, then have another kid, and so on for a couple generations.

Pumpkin
05-28-2014, 11:58 PM
THAT SOUNDS AMAZING

black orb
05-29-2014, 01:19 AM
What are some RPGs where you can get married and have kids
>>> You can do all that in one RPG?..

The closest thing to that I have played is Saga frontier 2, you play through like 3 generations..:luca:

Colonel Angus
05-29-2014, 01:31 AM
I think all of you are just hoping for a game w/ a consummation scene. :flirt::jokey::kiss::squeeze::chocobo::bounce:

Dat Matt
06-01-2014, 11:51 AM
Fable 2. I've got a story for this one. Sad Volin would work here too.

When I was playing my game of fable 2 I married a peasant woman from the street. A beggar. She came from nothing, was rude, dirty... and I loved her. We got married and had a beautify baby boy. Time passed and work took me away from the family, I toiled in caves defeating spiders to make money so that my family could live a happy life. This was at the expense of spending time with my family and before I knew it, my son was nearly a teenager. How time passes.

It was on that faitful night that my wife had had enough. She had not seen me in years, so she decided to take our son and leave the city. I encountered her the day she was leaving and I tried to stop her. I danced, belched, Gave her jewellery. She seemed to be happy again, but her mind was made up. She left the city and my life. My son went along with her.

The next day, grief stricken in my empty home I received word that a terrible fate had befallen my wife. On the road to the next town, she and my son were set upon by wolves. My son managed to escape, but my wife was torn apart by the wolves. Her body was nearly unrecognisable, but the knew it was her from the jewellery I gave her the day before. I received word that my Son was alive and he had made it to the neighbouring town. However, I also received a message that he was taken into child custody. In one short weekend, by wife was killed and my son taken away from me. Now I sit here, thinking of how I could do things better. If I could make amends...

Morale of the story. If you have a virtual family. Cherish them.