PDA

View Full Version : Most memorable gaming intros

Carl the Llama
05-28-2014, 03:47 AM
So we have all played those games with a truly unforgettable intro, in one way or another (be it a game screen before you press the start button *looks at Zelda OOT*) and they stick with you, even long after the game itself has faded from your (by your I mean mine, my memory is terrible lol) memory.

Here I would ask you what is your most memorable intro to a game, you don't have to limit yourself to one.

For me one of the most memorable game intros has to be Shadow of the Colossus:

GRnIRjV1-Ow

You, a lone man, traverses a vast beautiful land that is hauntingly devoid of life, as you make your way to a beautiful old temple... one of the best intros I have seen by far.

I could name several others but I would rather leave them till later and see what everyone else has to say.

Colonel Angus
05-28-2014, 03:53 AM
LoZ was the first game to have a great intro. Metroids was cool. Very moody.But the best belongs to the best:Dpl7P9-B1Ho

Pumpkin
05-28-2014, 03:57 AM
Suikoden III intro is AMAZING and the best one I've seen

HTr7LjzYkwM

This one is probably because of the music but I do like it as a character intro

-Ila5XKt8Wo

blackmage_nuke
05-28-2014, 04:25 AM
Half life and not just because I played the first chapter so many times because I kept giving up and restarting a few months later

Vyk
05-28-2014, 05:09 AM
I don't know about an opening or title screen, but as far as legit introductory sequences go, the first bits of The Last of Us and Xenoblade Chronicles were pretty intense when they set the stage. But something tells me you're not talking about sequences you play through

Pike
05-28-2014, 10:36 AM
Yeah, it's time for some Vvardenfeels up in here

Still gives me chills every time :excited:

Q5I9e_6X35w

Fynn
05-28-2014, 12:47 PM
Vagrant Story. I've yet to play the game in its entirety, but I have seen the introductory scenes. It's kinda lame that you can not even know of their existence, as they're pretty story heavy. But by God, if they aren't amazing.

Bubba
05-28-2014, 01:21 PM
FFVII and FFVIII stand out for me. A good shout for Shadow of the Colossus too.

One of my all time favourites was Megaman 2 though. The way it pans up that huge building then has that long descending note before the amazing music kicks in and Megaman is just stood there looking awesome in the wind.

Dun, da-da-dun, da-da-der-da, derrrrr!!!!

Carl the Llama
05-28-2014, 01:22 PM
Suikoden III intro is AMAZING and the best one I've seen

HTr7LjzYkwM

Seeing that reminds me of this:

TM2ITOQvzps

Definitely my favourite Breath of Fire game.

And then there is this:

tki5y2Llyp8

Such an amazing sequence, like a mini anction movie that really hypes me up to play the game.

Sephiroth
05-28-2014, 01:28 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApsSVNP3wIc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0h_UMDhIgg

Loony BoB
05-28-2014, 01:47 PM
Gotta echo the mentions of FFVIII and FFXII. Lost Odyssey, too. And Far Cry 3! Being introduced to Vaas in a matter of a minute or so? Yes, please. Guy's one of my favourite villians of all time.

Skyblade
05-28-2014, 04:20 PM
Chrono Trigger. The cutscene is good, but I also love the simplicity of the clock. Take your pick.
S70I4MdSyI4

Persona 3. Because it sets up the game perfectly, and has some brilliant foreshadowing and music.
X8AHS5zytm4

Master of Orion 2. I just really like this one. It's not as story heavy as Alpha Centauri's is, but it does serve up great as a "welcome to this world" moment, not to mention a decent taste of how the Antarans are out to kill everyone.
gwWHCZs6pPc

Megman Zero. Good setup building into that moment when you get Zero's awakening and the return of that utterly awesome musical theme from Megaman X.
mW2XkkMqE98

Rune Factory 3. My gosh, I love this video. It just summarizes the game really well to me. It captures the fighting, the transformations, the bachelorettes, and the huge importance of forming bonds and relationships. Plus it has an awesome song.
XMV9K6zkWTI

Metroid Prime. Music, use of color and tone (even in the gameplay video choice). The way you'd shift to different parts of the Metroid while browsing different sub-menus (which I loved). Ah, before Nintendo chose to ruin the series. They basically wrote Prime out of continuity, and they even ruined this music when they put it in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Why, Nintendo?! Why?!
B91Z-FTANko

Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles. The game wasn't perfect. But this intro? Awesome. This is what made me first think that a Final Fantasy MMO was possible.
GLYXv_VhB2g

Vermachtnis
05-31-2014, 09:21 PM
kNS63XGssZ8

I love that song. An instrumental plays during a couple of fights in the game too.

3gaMKbv-xHU

Ayen
06-04-2014, 02:39 PM
ifPZsRgJIXE

8IC5lc9gxZg

MGS2 gets me pumped up every time I listen to it and Crystal Chronicles opening is just beautiful.

-VJVdlhhjow

This stuck with me because of all the "holy trout" moments featured in it.

Bolivar
06-04-2014, 03:22 PM
That was a good Mortal Kombat.

The Witcher 2 title screen and music is so epic, drives home what a polished blockbuster production they made that time around. Just hearing the music my fiance turned to me like "holy trout, what the hell are you watching?"

My favorite gameplay intros are FFVII and Metal Gear Solid 4, how they start with an impressive cut scene only for you to take control basically in the middle of it, with no camera breaks. FFVII introduced the technique to gaming and Metal Gear has made some of the best use of it.

Also Uncharted 2. That segment just announces the game you're about to play will be an unforgettable experience.

Skyblade
06-04-2014, 09:00 PM
The best opening of any Final Fantasy game:

Final Fantasy Type-0

klTvElxgqk8

chionos
06-04-2014, 09:52 PM
I tried to make words but there are none. It speaks for itself. The best opening to the best Final Fantasy on the best console. Ever. Don't even try to argue.

RDMWp1oLoA0

Lone Wolf Leonhart
06-05-2014, 05:25 AM
The Tales series has always left an impression on me, especially the epic openings before you press start:

QjmoZzPrals?t=3s

Karifean
06-05-2014, 10:36 AM
Counting just the intro cutscene, I'd say Final Fantasy X is my favorite:

40ghnaDaaeU

But counting the entire introduction part of the game, I'd say Final Fantasy VII with the Mako Reactor 1 mission has the best intro I've seen yet.

Notable mention goes to Little Busters!' opening movie which grew on me more and more as I played.

Dat Matt
06-05-2014, 09:12 PM
Tales of Series are ususally pretty amazing

SymLluPY-ig

Also, despite never playing it any Atlier games, I liked this from the one time we put it in the PS3 to test if the used disc worked.

cMdiqv99l2E

Wolf Kanno
06-06-2014, 01:56 AM
Wild ARMS has always had some impressive openings.

dErMD4dyqIU

Also the superior English version of Wild ARMS 2 (Yes there are two of them, depending on the disc you're on.)

_mdUoC3kjvQ

dNeFpTks9uE

Can't forget my Persona love.

D07mro7NOkA

RT7bnhwCjZw

XxNAwZ-A88w

Jj6-8oTV8Fs

h73LvR8V2LA

and some MegaTen love

6RdbZeOxL2o

IXqkRu1aKcE

LHJbE_kfybs

This is a really nice title screen, probably one of my favorites.

Q9eY3FpfokM

The actual game opening is pretty awesome as well.

pI_Wybd82V8

black orb
06-06-2014, 08:37 AM
aPVOxvABhdA

>>> I luv it..:luca: