PDA

View Full Version : Protect the Esper/Terra!

Wolf Kanno
05-30-2014, 04:34 AM
One of the cooler features of this game for me was the pseudo-RTS segments where you had to split your party into groups of three and prevent the enemy from reaching Terra or the Frozen Esper. I wish we had one more in the WoR but these segments were still pretty fun, allowed you to use a wide variety of characters at once, and broke up the monotony of the typical dungeon or cutscene/boss fight/ cutscene. Anyone else love these little segments of the game?

VeloZer0
05-30-2014, 06:45 AM
I liked them in theory, but the fact that I ended up having to rely on p[arty members that sucked/I didn't use lessened my enjoyment, (Yes, I know how to do it easily now.)

Fort Condor was way more fun.

blackmage_nuke
05-30-2014, 03:00 PM
It was indeed a great part of the game and a sidequest version wouldve been great in the WoR. It wouldve been good to have one with monsters instad of soldiers so you could get a good variety of enemies which forces you to assign your parties more tactically.

Jiro
06-03-2014, 10:26 AM
I was a huge fan but after realising that I just needed to bottle neck one section it lost its lustre. It was slow and a little awkward. I would've liked to be able to place traps and so on.

BustaMo
06-12-2014, 09:36 PM
I think this helped make the gamers of this installment really work on making their party members more even in stats/leveling/power. You knew that you couldn't create a super powerful beast-mode party and leave your other 2 groups fighting at the bottom of the food group. If you got through the situations with your A-team, well you might as well kiss that goodbye because your B and C-teams were getting wiped out.

I do love it which made preparing for the final battle with Kefka a lot more successful.