PDA

View Full Version : Favorite part of the Compilation?

Wolf Kanno
05-30-2014, 04:38 AM
So for the vast Compialtion may it burn in the bowels of hell which was your favorite?

Newmani
05-30-2014, 06:44 AM
I like Advent Children, but not for the reason you put there. I first saw it right after I finished FFVII for the first time and I was pretty much in awe. "It's like Final Fantasy VII, but in high definition! This is totally wicked!"

And then I tried out Crisis Core for the first time and I'm like "It's like Advent Children... but I CAN PLAY IT! THIS IS AWESOME! :D" Though actually finishing was delayed because Gen kept making my video card crash whenever he used a limit break I generally loved it, though it's definitely not on the level of the original.

As for the rest of it I've just plain never seen it myself. Not all that interested in it either. Heck even from what I saw there's still some elements that I dislike (Genesis particularly) and some explanations that I tend to replace with my own assumtions either because the official explanations are lame or mine sound more fun (Gen's a glitch and there's some kind of crazy shenanigans from Touhou going on here cause Sephy knows Orreries Sun for some reason and there's a picture of Reimu and Marisa in the inn), but in general what I HAVE seen I can accept... at least for most of it. But Gen's still a prick. :|

VeloZer0
05-30-2014, 06:53 AM
You know you can select more than one?

Advent Children is really the only one that I didn't think was poor on the whole. And even then the story was stupid, I just really enjoyed the fights.

Newmani
05-30-2014, 06:59 AM
You know you can select more than one?

Advent Children is really the only one that I didn't think was poor on the whole. And even then the story was stupid, I just really enjoyed the fights.

Of course the story was an excuse plot anyway. It was just a cheap trick to bring Sephy back from the dead yet again so we can watch him and Cloud duke it out. And I am perfectly fine with that. Besides the whole second half of the movie was everybody beating up everybody else! It was awesome! :D

black orb
05-30-2014, 07:12 AM
>>> DoC and maybe Advent Children, after that big failure called "Spirits Within" AC looked like diamonds..:luca:

Dat Matt
06-01-2014, 12:18 PM
I loved crisis core. Probably my favourite entry from the FF series.

Ayen
06-01-2014, 02:36 PM
I enjoyed Advent Children, Dirge of Cerberus, and Crisis Core. Granted, I didn't play Crisis Core, I just watched a bunch of cut-scenes on YouTube and enjoyed it for the most part. I haven't seen any of the others.

Sephiroth
06-01-2014, 02:38 PM
Final Fantasy VII-1, of course if I have to choose. But it is one world and one story, so everything.

Raistlin
06-01-2014, 03:02 PM
AC was pretty, I'll give it that. I've done my best to ignore everything else about AC and the rest of the Compilation.

Forsaken Lover
06-01-2014, 04:03 PM
Cloud was indeed the sexy but he has nothing on Kadaj. Kadaj is all kinds of yummy.

Also his voice-actor in the dub finally found a role he was good at - the petulant, whiny tone really works for Kadaj. I'm not saying that to insult my lovely Kadaj, it's just the truth. He's very immature. it's part of the endearing nature of his character.

The English dub was pretty okay for AC overall.

Newmani
06-02-2014, 03:19 AM
Cloud was indeed the sexy but he has nothing on Kadaj. Kadaj is all kinds of yummy.

Also his voice-actor in the dub finally found a role he was good at - the petulant, whiny tone really works for Kadaj. I'm not saying that to insult my lovely Kadaj, it's just the truth. He's very immature. it's part of the endearing nature of his character.

The English dub was pretty okay for AC overall.

Kadaj is like that adorable puppy on the sidewalk. You just wanna take him home and give him a big hug. :(

Sephy on the other hand... oh GOD. I didn't really start being scared of him until his AC appearance. He's a scary murderous rabbit! :cry:

BustaMo
06-13-2014, 01:29 AM
I do like how each spin-off had it's own unique tie to the story which made FFVII all that more in-depth and interesting. Overall I think my favorite was Advent Children, but I voted for all of them. It was awesome to see the characters in updated graphics and then to hear their voices too after having played the game so many years before.

Rostum
06-14-2014, 09:11 AM
I liked Advent Children much more after seeing the "Complete" version. I also really liked Crisis Core, and felt them feels at the end. My hope for an FFVII remake is to try and tie the compilation up better, but also not to lose its magic (e.g. put more history about Zach, Shinra and the war, but don't shoehorn Genesis into the actual game).

Before Crisis, from what I've read, had potential to be really awesome and provide some further insight into Shinra and the founding of AVALANCHE. But from what I had read it seemed way over the top, falling quite short of my expectations.

maybee
06-14-2014, 03:22 PM
None of it really.

Though some parts of Crisis Core were really good.

Alive-Cat
06-14-2014, 06:13 PM
Myself, I have never played any of the prequel games of the compilation, I can't afford to be gaming in my life right now or for the past 6 years. They seem cool, I've watched clips on youtube and such.

As for Advent Children, or anything set after FFVII, they kind of don't exist in my mind. Like, it's all good. But for me, I kind of like to think after FFVII, they all lived happily ever after. Maybe because I love them so much I want that for them. They settle down; Cloud and Tifa marry, Barret becomes a responsible parent for Marlene, Vincent comes to terms with his past and maybe meets someone, etc etc etc. I like to think that's where the story ends, with the end of the original game. But that's just me!

Jiro
06-18-2014, 09:35 AM
Advent Children Complete was good. Like, nothing amazing, but I enjoyed it thoroughly.