PDA

View Full Version : Excalibur II

Wolf Kanno
05-30-2014, 04:49 AM
How many people on this forum have undergone and completed the quest to get this weapon? Was it worth it?

black orb
05-30-2014, 05:14 AM
>>> Not me, smurf up an entire gameplay for just one weapon? no thanks..:luca:

Pumpkin
05-30-2014, 06:37 AM
Nope, not worth it to me

Dat Matt
05-30-2014, 10:47 AM
I would love to try it, but I don't think getting to the final portion of the game missing out on so many things just to get a slightly more powerful weapon is worth it. Especially when stiener can consistently hit 9999 using shock.

Freya
06-02-2014, 12:51 AM
Never. I probably never will either. I enjoy finding all the extra stuff and collecting things so I can never beat it in a timely manner.

Depression Moon
06-02-2014, 01:46 AM
No, because I actually enjoy playing my games.

Relena Peacecraft
06-02-2014, 04:10 PM
Forget just getting Excalibur II. I made sure to get it, and not miss anything else along the way. Twice.

Getting the sword by itself is just a not-too-difficult speed run, honestly, especially if you're not trying to be too silly and allow yourself to save/restore along the way. Making sure not to miss anything along the way is a tedious journey wherein the primary villain is the random number generator. There's nothing more fun than resetting over and over hoping Vivi will actually succesfully cast Stop on the Red Dragon.

Essentially, there's just enough time to not miss anything, ensure the right equpiment to get "perfect" stats, and still make it to Excalibur II in under 12 hours. But it's a grueling experience and you won't really be able to follow the story in that run.

Freya
06-03-2014, 01:37 AM
But... how do you play chocobo hot and cold that way?

Ayen
06-03-2014, 01:48 AM
When does Excalibur II get mention? Because I'm fairly certain I didn't make it that far.

BustaMo
06-13-2014, 01:53 AM
I've never given it a try, and I'm not sure I ever will.

I've only played through FFIX once in its entirety, but I took my time and did EVERYTHING 100% just so I could get the full experience and learn and know everything the game had to offer; bar the Excalibur II.

I understand it's a great challenge, but I don't see myself having the patience to rush through the game with the massive restarts and deaths at such low levels. Kudos to anyone who gets this accomplished.