PDA

View Full Version : Greatest knight in series

Fatal Rose
05-30-2014, 10:07 AM
I'm addicted to fantasy fiction and strangely enough FF is what got me into it. I love medieval themed fantasy book like A Song Of Ice and fire and Lyonesse. So naturally my favorite class/character types in most cases tend to be the knightly ones.

So my question to all of you are who's the best and most skilled knight in the series?

I was thinking Freya because she can summon that dragon magic stuff. Maybe she's the most powerful, not sure if she's the most skilled fighter though.

What do all of you think?

NeoCracker
05-30-2014, 03:43 PM
Using your welcome threat do plug your other threads? How SHameless of you. :p

But yeah, it's hard to guage skill from one games character to another, though FF IX"s knights are likely the best, just going off my own estimated threat of their villains at least.

Perhaps, then, Beatrix would be the most skilled knight?

Shauna
05-30-2014, 03:45 PM
I was also coming here to poke fun at the utilisation of the newbie thread as an advert, and then to also suggest Beatrix.

Get out of my head, cracker.

Fatal Rose
05-30-2014, 04:02 PM
Sorry about that. :-p

Im just dying to talk FF. have no one to talk to here about it.

Beatrix seems reasonable. Her or Steiner might be the most powerful. I'd give the edge to Steiner though, LV 90 plus with Excalibur 2 he's insanely strong.

WOL seems to be highly skilled too.

FFIX knights might be the most powerful.

metagloria
05-30-2014, 04:10 PM
Auron.

/thread

blackmage_nuke
05-30-2014, 05:10 PM
Seifer is the first name that comes to mind but I also like Beatrix and Steiner

Formalhaut
05-30-2014, 05:17 PM
The Knight from FFI. That guy had so much characterisation, plot, emotion, he is just the best, hands down.

Pumpkin
05-30-2014, 05:18 PM
Steiner

Fatal Rose
05-30-2014, 05:25 PM
Auron.

/thread
He's a samurai right. He might be the most skilled pure swordsman.

The Knight from FFI. That guy had so much characterisation, plot, emotion, he is just the best, hands down.
Hahahahahahahahahaha
i just woke up my girl laughing so hard right now. Thanks.

even in dissidia he was super one dimensional.

Off topic: some of you have some awesome sigs. Lots of Ice and fire fans here.

Karifean
05-30-2014, 08:06 PM
Auron, Basch and Steiner come to mind, in that order.

Wolf Kanno
05-30-2014, 11:46 PM
Cecil, though he's not a traditional knight but considering his skill and what he goes through, he's someone I wouldn't want to meet on a battlefield.

Steiner and Beatrix are obvious choices but I may also point out people like T.G. Cid and Ramza Beoluve who are both pretty frightening when properly customized.

Also Basch von Rosenburg cause
IV1klMZvqms?t=2m31s

and

pNRHvKbZeWg

Colonel Angus
05-31-2014, 01:58 AM
TG Mother Smurfin' Cid.

NeoCracker
05-31-2014, 08:08 PM
Oh god I how could I forget Orlandu?

Yeah, TG Cid is a fucking monster.

maybee
06-01-2014, 09:42 AM
Beatrix

/ thread

Psychotic
06-01-2014, 01:19 PM
14 posts and no Cyan? Shame on all of you - no, shame on all of thou. :colbert:

blackmage_nuke
06-01-2014, 01:52 PM
He's a Samurai and his King was killed on his watch

Ayen
06-01-2014, 02:32 PM
This is hard for me to say since I haven't played all of them through, but from recent memory I have to go with Beatrix. Woman was a right pain in the ass.

Raistlin
06-01-2014, 03:00 PM
T.G. Cid destroys any and all things in his path.

Wolf Kanno
06-01-2014, 06:38 PM

I count samurai as something different, same with Magic Knights like Celes, though you did remind me that General Leo is a pretty badass knight.

Freya
06-01-2014, 07:28 PM
Freya is the best of course. :)

ScottNUMBERS
06-01-2014, 07:47 PM
I was going to say Beatrix but I am reminded by looking at the posts in this thread of a certain T.G Cid. He joins the party and just folds all your enemies in half by himself. He'd snap Beatrix's neck in his sleep.

Colonel Angus
06-01-2014, 07:49 PM
& he named his son Owaine. Owaine.

Fatal Rose
06-02-2014, 09:23 AM
I'm surprised Cecil is getting no love. Can switch between paladin and dark knight freely.

maybee
06-02-2014, 09:45 AM

Not only that but he quickly rushed in a mad haste to see if the King was alright; but when it came time to go and see if his family was alright; he took his sweet ass time.

Freya
06-04-2014, 06:09 AM
I'm surprised Cecil is getting no love. Can switch between paladin and dark knight freely.

Oh yeah, I always forget about him because I have this crazy obsession with Kain that I overlook Cecil a lot. But he's pretty legit. There really is no other knight in the series that can do that. You make a good point.

Fatal Rose
06-05-2014, 06:12 AM
If I made a top 5 or 10 off the top of my head... (Only player/temp player characters)
considering character is lv 99 with best equipment...
1. General Leo, he's freaking awesome
2. Freya extremely powerful dragoon magic, can summon dragons. I don't think she's as skilled a fighter as Kain is though.
3.Cecil Harvey, can freely switch between paladin and dark knight, extremely fast (onion knight might be the only knight that's faster), defeated Kuja, Goobez, and Ex-Death in dissidia. Easily defeated Kain in FFIV TAY, can wield Lightbringer.
4. Warrior of light/Kain: WOL defeated sepheroth, Garland, and plethora of others. Kain(I'll add more later)
5. Not sure...

i think I need to go check out the final fantasy wiki to get more info on various characters. It's been A while since I've played FFII and a few others.

Now that i think about it my list stinks.

Skyblade
06-06-2014, 01:31 PM
Frimelda Lotice, from Final Fantasy Tactics A2.

black orb
06-07-2014, 08:36 PM
>>> Beatrix..:luca:

Mercen-X
06-10-2014, 09:56 PM
I count samurai as something different, same with Magic Knights like Celes, though you did remind me that General Leo is a pretty badass knight.As a character class, I could see how you would. But in Japan, the samurai were the knights. Knights lived and died to protect their king. Samurai did the same for their feudal lord. Both typically came from some line of nobility as it was generally unheard of for farmers and serfs to become knights and samurai and both had a strict code of honor. Either was trained from childhood, whether 3 or 10 years of age. The one difference is, as far as I can tell, knights were not generally asked to perform seppuku (death by their own hand). Although I've heard the term "fall on one's own sword", the term is merely an Anglicized version of hara-kiri. While a few non-Japanese warriors have considered the act throughout history, nowhere has it been so prevalent as in Japan.

There should be more samurai characters in Final Fantasy. I mean main named characters whose class you can't choose. So that pretty much makes Cyan and Auron the only ones I know of... so they should start putting in more.

As for best knight... I'll throw Steiner a bone... at least when he's in Trance, he looks like a paladin.

Colonel Angus
06-10-2014, 11:17 PM
Suicide being less prevalent amongst Euro-Knights was probably due to Christianity's prohibition of the act.

BTW, Euro-Knights would be a great name for the Jacksonville Jaguars when they move to London.

Matt_W
06-10-2014, 11:43 PM
Why would Cyan not be a knight?! If he doesn't qualify for I don't get why freya (the oversized rat with a spear) should! Plus she's not a pure knight she's a dragoon.

Cecil is a pretty cool knight, he comes from the dark side !

Colonel Angus
06-10-2014, 11:48 PM
To me, Samurai, Dragoons are both Knights, just a specific class. Not too different from Paladin or Dark/Black Knights. In the Samurai's case, it's just a cultural difference.

Fatal Rose
06-12-2014, 07:23 PM
I read up on Cid from FF tactics. Seems extremely powerful.

Wolf Kanno
06-12-2014, 07:52 PM
I count samurai as something different, same with Magic Knights like Celes, though you did remind me that General Leo is a pretty badass knight.As a character class, I could see how you would. But in Japan, the samurai were the knights. Knights lived and died to protect their king. Samurai did the same for their feudal lord. Both typically came from some line of nobility as it was generally unheard of for farmers and serfs to become knights and samurai and both had a strict code of honor. Either was trained from childhood, whether 3 or 10 years of age. The one difference is, as far as I can tell, knights were not generally asked to perform seppuku (death by their own hand). Although I've heard the term "fall on one's own sword", the term is merely an Anglicized version of hara-kiri. While a few non-Japanese warriors have considered the act throughout history, nowhere has it been so prevalent as in Japan.

There should be more samurai characters in Final Fantasy. I mean main named characters whose class you can't choose. So that pretty much makes Cyan and Auron the only ones I know of... so they should start putting in more.

As for best knight... I'll throw Steiner a bone... at least when he's in Trance, he looks like a paladin.

Why would Cyan not be a knight?! If he doesn't qualify for I don't get why freya (the oversized rat with a spear) should! Plus she's not a pure knight she's a dragoon.

Cecil is a pretty cool knight, he comes from the dark side !

To me, Samurai, Dragoons are both Knights, just a specific class. Not too different from Paladin or Dark/Black Knights. In the Samurai's case, it's just a cultural difference.

While historically Samurai are the Japanese equivalent of Knights, to me, when I think of Knight I think of the actual class of knights we've seen in the series. I don't count Samurai and Dragoons in this group cause why they are technically knights, I'm trying to stick to the pure form of the class as opposed to giving love to Job roles/characters who already get a substantial amount of love.

I actually do classify Auron as a knight despite appearing more like a samurai simply because all of his skills and abilities are more inline with traditional FF Knights (Guard, Break Abilities) as opposed to Samurai of which he uses very few skills associated with the class naturally.

Skyblade
06-13-2014, 02:46 AM
I actually do classify Auron as a knight despite appearing more like a samurai simply because all of his skills and abilities are more inline with traditional FF Knights (Guard, Break Abilities) as opposed to Samurai of which he uses very few skills associated with the class naturally.

Yeah, but everything about his actual character design screams "Samurai" (or "Ronin", if you want to get even more specific).

Colonel Angus
06-13-2014, 05:12 AM

Yeah, but everything about his actual character design screams "Samurai" (or "Ronin", if you want to get even more specific).
Except his swords. IDK what those are, but they're pretty awesome.

Skyblade
06-13-2014, 01:31 PM

Except his swords. IDK what those are, but they're pretty awesome.

His swords are stylized katana. It's why the Samurai dress sphere uses his blades in Final Fantasy X-2. Granted, they're a bit on the bulky side, but...

Fatal Rose
06-14-2014, 03:04 PM
Garland is an extremely powerful knight.