PDA

View Full Version : New n00b here.

Fatal Rose
05-30-2014, 10:20 AM
Hello all my name is Ryan and I currently live in china. I teach English and love it.

I've been playing Final Fantasy for awhile now and love it. Sadly I don't have much interest in any of the newer games (anything after 12 in the main series).

Im still enjoying the classics. I've not completed all of me yet so it's fine..

favorite characters off the top of my head...
Cecil Harvey, all time favorite
Kain Highwind
Warrior Of Light
Firion
Gordon
Edward Chris Von Muir
Adelbert Steiner
Tidus
Zidane

And that's all I can think of right now.

nice to meet you all.

Shauna
05-30-2014, 10:25 AM
Welcome to EoFF!

What's your favourite entry?
Any other video games you love? :D

Hope you enjoy it here!

fat_moogle
05-30-2014, 10:42 AM
Welcome!

I have a friend who's over in China teaching English at Hangzhou. It must be very rewarding!

Enjoy your stay @ EoFF ^^

Mirage
05-30-2014, 11:48 AM
Isn't this what Quin is doing as well?

Miss Mae
05-30-2014, 12:15 PM
Welcome. :)

Fatal Rose
05-30-2014, 03:01 PM
Welcome to EoFF!

What's your favourite entry?
Any other video games you love? :D

Hope you enjoy it here!

Final fantasy iv by far.

other games? Shenmue, Virtua Fighter, Grandia, Streets of rage, Seiken Densetsu, brownie brown, Zelda, Neutopia, Dissidia

Thanks everyone for the kind welcome. Already like it here. :-)

Now if only someone would respond to my geeky knight thread. :-p

Alive-Cat
05-30-2014, 03:50 PM
Welcome to the Eyes On Final Fantasy Forums Experience, where fun is free and plenty and you will be loved and cherished, but not held. But you will be 'held' accountable for all the happiness and love you spread :love:

But...you mean Cloud Strife isn't your favourite Final Fantasy character!? What has the world come to? :(

Fatal Rose
05-30-2014, 03:54 PM
Welcome to the Eyes On Final Fantasy Forums Experience, where fun is free and plenty and you will be loved and cherished, but not held. But you will be 'held' accountable for all the happiness and love you spread :love:But...you mean Cloud Strife isn't your favourite Final Fantasy character!? What has the world come to? :(I recognize that Cloud is cool, but he's not one of my favorites. I'd rather Firion bested him in the fight they had in Dissidia.

noxious.sunshine
05-30-2014, 04:02 PM
Welllcome!

Quin is teaching over there. kotora was over there too, but he's off in idk what country now. Back in Ukraine maybe?

You're a smart dude. Anything after 12 pretty well sucks. Except 14. 14 is cool. I've just started playing Lighnting Returns, but I was drunk last night so I'm not sure if I hate it or not yet. I probably do, though.

You should pop into chat sometime! That's where all the cool people hang out. :D

Fatal Rose
05-30-2014, 04:07 PM
Thanks. I'm Afraid to enter the chat, my insanely geeky topics of interest might annoy everyone. I want to post more and create more threads however I don't want to reveal my post whore tendencies so early on.

Shorty
05-30-2014, 04:20 PM
Please don't be shy about going into chat! We are all insanely geeky and nerdy here and I'm sure everyone would love to keep out with you, an I am certain that no one will be annoyed by it. By all means, reveal yourself as a postwhore! (Someone needs to take up my post as lead postwhore.)

Also, hi Ryan! How did you manage to find us? :D We're happy to have you here and we hope you stick around!

Kalevala
05-30-2014, 04:53 PM
If anything, we will probably annoy you.

Welcome!

Teaching abroad has always been something I've wanted to do. Is China the first country you've taught in? Do you speak any Mandarin, or can you get by without it?

Hope you stick around!

Fatal Rose
05-30-2014, 05:23 PM
Please don't be shy about going into chat! We are all insanely geeky and nerdy here and I'm sure everyone would love to keep out with you, an I am certain that no one will be annoyed by it. By all means, reveal yourself as a postwhore! (Someone needs to take up my post as lead postwhore.)

Also, hi Ryan! How did you manage to find us? :D We're happy to have you here and we hope you stick around!

I was searching for active FF forums. Thanks for the warm welcome.

If anything, we will probably annoy you.

Welcome!

Teaching abroad has always been something I've wanted to do. Is China the first country you've taught in? Do you speak any Mandarin, or can you get by without it?

Hope you stick around!

you should consider it if you're a native English speaker, even if your not I could probably find you a job here. China is the first country I've taught in and yes I can speak Mandarin but I need to improve it.

Pumpkin
05-30-2014, 05:25 PM
Welcome!

Psychotic
05-30-2014, 05:26 PM
Hello Fatal Rose! Can I call you Rosie? Also I totally agree, Cecil is a great character!

Fatal Rose
05-30-2014, 05:30 PM
Hello Fatal Rose! Can I call you Rosie? Also I totally agree, Cecil is a great character!
Sure if you like haha.

have you notice Cecil seriously looks like the Targaryens from A Song Of Ice And Fire?

Parker
05-30-2014, 06:22 PM
hello new person!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noxious.sunshine
05-30-2014, 11:16 PM
Male's got it right. We'd probably annoy you. lol

You should still pop in tho. :)

maybee
06-01-2014, 09:40 AM
favorite characters off the top of my head...
Cecil Harvey, all time favorite
Kain Highwind
Firion
Edward Chris Von Muir
Zidane

nice to meet you all.

gassssssp

Spoony bard

lets become friends <3

Ayen
06-01-2014, 10:15 AM
Welcome to the forum, Ryan.

How's China?

Aelitalily
06-01-2014, 01:02 PM
Welcome! This is a great place for FF fans :3 Based on what you have listed as being your favourites you might like the 3DS game Bravely Default too, just in case you ever run out of games to play ;)

Newmani
06-01-2014, 11:56 PM
Welcome to the forums! I came here pretty recently too. :shobon:

fire_of_avalon
06-02-2014, 12:19 AM
Hold on hold on, Fatal Rose brings up a great point.

Cecil Harvey does match the physical description of the Targaryens. And he was born of a dragon.

Does this mean Westeros = Baron?! I think yes. CROSSFANDOM GO.

Also, hello fellow FF IV lover. You may joint me and Sephex and probably some others I am forgetting.

Fatal Rose
06-02-2014, 09:24 AM
Thanks everyone f the kind words, means a lot.

Fatal Rose
06-02-2014, 09:25 AM
Hold on hold on, Fatal Rose brings up a great point.

Cecil Harvey does match the physical description of the Targaryens. And he was born of a dragon.

Does this mean Westeros = Baron?! I think yes. CROSSFANDOM GO.

Also, hello fellow FF IV lover. You may joint me and Sephex and probably some others I am forgetting.

rhaegar never died on the trident, he ventured to another world and posed as a lunarian.

Calliope
06-06-2014, 05:01 PM
So...you're Ryan, then?

Welcome!

Shorty
06-06-2014, 05:01 PM
Oh my god, you guys found out who Ryan is.

Mirage
06-06-2014, 05:52 PM
Saving Ryan's privates.

Fatal Rose
06-12-2014, 08:24 AM
I'm confused.

Kalevala
06-12-2014, 09:17 AM
I'm confused.

Welcome to EoFF.

Loony BoB
06-12-2014, 12:23 PM
I'm confused.
It's a long story and a rather stupid one at that, but "Who is Ryan?" became a bit of a meme around here. :) It's the first thing I thought of when I saw your name, too! :D

Awesome to have another person in China around the forums! :D

Fatal Rose
06-12-2014, 07:22 PM
I was thinking people may recognize my user name from another forum.

Alive-Cat
06-12-2014, 07:37 PM
Other forums scare me :(

I Took the Red Pill
06-12-2014, 07:42 PM
What city are you in? I am in Shenzhen.

BustaMo
06-13-2014, 12:54 AM
Welcome to the site! I'd love to go to China someday, so hopefully it works out. Have a blast while you're here. Great to meet you! :cool:

Christmas
06-16-2014, 02:13 AM
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a155/Unknowns2/cooltext20850012.gif