PDA

View Full Version : and it was a beautiful time, pos vibes, smooth sailing, happy memory wash me lots

Alive-Cat
05-31-2014, 10:53 AM
A thread inspired by a post Loony BoBerz posted in another thread about a saxophone player and the sunset and a memory he would never forget!

What's the first memory that springs to mind, from any time in your life, that was just perfect? A moment you won't forget? A moment that when the dark place threatens to consume you is a beacon of light and hope that shepherds your soul away into a place filled with candyfloss/puppies/cushions?

I have lots of these memories. I basically live my life in search of them, hunting them down and claiming them. It's possible if you try really hard. But you can't force them.

Most recent was my 22nd birthday. It was on a tuesday or something, which was ridiculous, but I had the foresight to have booked the day off work. All my friends were at work though, so until they finished later I was rocking it solo.
I planned out a reeaalll nice day for myself, and it turned out even better than I had planned, and one of those unforgettable moments occurred.
I'd took a train to Leigh-On-Sea and got some nice cold beers (it was the hottest day of the year so far) and sat on this wooden structure that was overlooking the water. Tide was in, sun was shining directly onto it, and sitting there it really was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. Never felt so peaceful.

Parker
05-31-2014, 01:36 PM
A) being far away from either home town, you can do what you want. you'll never see these people again. warm touch and open discussion. heads sleeping on chests in far-off bedrooms

B) summers with friends when everyone still talked. before weddings and jobs took people elsewhere. before separation and arguments. now we hang out together separately, but back then we were one strong unit of voices and laughs. we were unstoppable.

Bubba
05-31-2014, 01:50 PM
One of my favourite memories was a time when I was at my old flat drinking with a friend. It was a warm Summer evening so we took my guitar outside and sat in the centre of Chorlton singing songs. After about twenty minutes a group of four guys came along and stopped to listen to us. It turns out they were in a band and asked if they could play a song. Of course we obliged and they did a cracking version of 'Like a Rolling Stone' by Bob Dillon. We then kept taking it in turns to sing song after song.

People were walking back from various pubs and ended up just stopping and listening to us. A couple of them even joined in and played a few songs. There ended up being about 50 people there as everyone just stopped, sat down and chilled with us. I have a video somewhere of one guy singing 'Last Night' by The Strokes, everyone was singing along to the chorus... and me and my mate were just grinning from ear to ear about what we had created.

I will never, ever forget that.

Pike
05-31-2014, 01:57 PM
1) First and second playthroughs of Morrowind. It was truly an experience like nothing else. I was on a lore binge at the time too and it was just perfect.

2) The first time I played through an entire game of SMAC and there were planet busters and global warming and Miriam was trying to kill me and it was such an adrenaline rush

3) World of Warcraft TBC and Karazhan with the guild. Actually being a good hunter. Druid healing in WotlK. Absurdly long Alterac Valleys. Never forget.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
06-01-2014, 06:51 AM
Sometimes smells will take me back to good memories. The smell of a bonfire can bring me back to a nice family cookout. I can also walk by some flowers and then have that pollen smell remind me of being a kid, playing in the backyard of a house I used to live in. Maybe a certain cologne will remind me of one of my dad's old cars and the fond memories of riding around in them.

inb4 :poo: when people see me talking about smells.

Shorty
06-01-2014, 07:26 AM
I may still be reeling from EoFF love about the Ciddies, but this was the first thing (well, second) that popped into my head:

EoFF Wedding Crew Adventures
https://scontent-b-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/t1.0-9/1236138_10153276812075374_665410425_n.jpg

Another is experiencing London at night for the first time in my life. Couldn't stop staring upward all night.

Kalevala
06-01-2014, 08:29 AM
Shorty that is a great picture! Can you point out who is who?

When I think of "perfect moments," what always spring to mind are memories and experiences from trips I've gone on. I'm happier when I'm travelling.

I visited Europe in the summer of 2008. Italy, Greece, Turkey, and Germany. It was like stepping into every postcard picture ever dreamt of, but what sticks with me the most is standing on the deck of our cruise ship and staring up at the Aegean sky. Miles from home. Miles from worry.

In the fall of 2009 a group of us took the train all the way to Stratford, Ontario to see a rendition of Macbeth. 21 hours one way and not a wink of sleep for any of us. Most of us hate each other now, but back then we laughed for almost the entire trip.

My high school sent me to Ottawa in 2010. Rotary clubs across Canada select one student they think is capable of becoming a leader, and send them on a week-long "Adventure in Citizenship" with every other student from across the country. We went on tours of Parliament Hill and met some pretty big-wig politicians. More importantly, however, we all stayed with host families, which meant small groups of us were together almost constantly for that week. We grew very close very quickly, and I ended up falling for one of the girls. I remember all of us sitting in a circle on the lawn of the Supreme Court, the two of us next to each other, no one really saying anything. Nothing happened. She had a boyfriend, I had a girlfriend. We don't really talk any more.

Here's hoping I'll be able to add another memory here in 2016!

Shorty
06-01-2014, 08:31 AM
I surely can!

Left to right - Psychotic, Levian, smittenkitten (Mrs. Loony BoB), Yours Truly, Faris, Dark Cloud, Shauna, Mr. Shauna, Loony BoB and Rantz! :love:

Shauna
06-01-2014, 09:10 AM
That picture was taken moments after we were dragged up a hill in blustery winds and pounding rain. Needless to say we were mostly unhappy. But also so happy! It was a confusing time.

Ayen
06-01-2014, 10:20 AM
My friends and I having a water balloon fight. I miss water balloons :(

Dat Matt
06-01-2014, 04:12 PM
That picture was taken moments after we were dragged up a hill in blustery winds and pounding rain. Needless to say we were mostly unhappy. But also so happy! It was a confusing time.

Shorts and T-Shirts Weather.

I had Fajita's for dinner one evening. The Tortilla pack say "8 tortillas inside"... but there were 9.

Best moment of my life