PDA

View Full Version : imagine if

Alive-Cat
05-31-2014, 11:21 AM
your local electricity company also had an elite military force and dabbled in genetic experiments?

Buzz out.

ScottNUMBERS
05-31-2014, 01:51 PM
I would live out all my if-FFVII-was-real life fantasies. I'd start by painting my dog red.

Colonel Angus
05-31-2014, 04:05 PM
You mean they don't? :whoa:

Wolf Kanno
05-31-2014, 06:32 PM
Real life is scarier than you think, as in the past their have been corporate entities that did have their own private armies and ran countries like they owned it. The East India Trading Company is a great example as well as the way Britain acquired a lot of their empire in the 19th century through economical takeover rather than actual military means.

The rise of PMC activity in the last few decades also means it is plausible for a company like Google for instance to hire a private army if they wanted to, so the whole Shin-Ra thing has not only happened before but is possible to happen again if people don't really pay attention. Whether they could become a global super power on a military scale is largely unlikely but some people would argue that corporate interest in politics has largely made countries like the U.S. and Great Britain into slaves of things like Big Oil.

Newmani
06-01-2014, 07:29 AM
your local electricity company also had an elite military force and dabbled in genetic experiments?

Buzz out.

I can't exactly call three extremely successful prototypes and an entire army of genetically modified hulked out dudes "dabbling".

But first I'd be wondering where the heck they got the budget for that. My local electric company isn't all that big.

Ayen
06-01-2014, 10:59 AM
That would explain why we keep losing power out here for no damn reason.

Jiro
06-03-2014, 10:24 AM
Maybe they would hire some decent goddamn call centre workers then

Pike
06-03-2014, 10:30 AM
I dunno man NorthWestern Energy is about as benign as you can get

They've even got this adorable webpage that hasn't been updated in like ten years