PDA

View Full Version : Your final boss team?

blackmage_nuke
06-01-2014, 09:48 AM
Who did you take to fight the final boss? Do you let anyone die and be replaced or did you keep the same party to the end?

Definitely didn't make this thread to earn the 50 FFVI threads achievement :shifty:

maybee
06-01-2014, 11:08 AM
Celes, Edgar, Sabin & Gogo

Celes to do the healing, the twins to do the heavy damage, and Gogo to mimic the twins or any healing if necessary.

Dat Matt
06-01-2014, 12:08 PM
Same as above, but replace gogo with Terra. Golden Hairpin + Ultima for Da win.

First time I fought the final boss I wasn't aware your party was re-arranged between forms if they died in the previous stage, so first time I played my entire party was wiped going into the final form. I was left with a poor underleveled team comprising of Relm, Setzer, Strago and Cyan who were all around 20 levels lower than my main party.

The rag tag team did pretty well. They Didn't do well enough to kill him though. They got him < 1/2 health as the screen shakes at that point. Would have been amazing if they won.

Sephiroth
06-01-2014, 02:41 PM
Terra
Atma Weapon
Gem(ini) Box
Offering

Setzer
varies

Celes
Illumina
Ribbon
Economizer

Gogo
varies

Or something like that.

Sefie1999AD
06-01-2014, 05:26 PM
Terra: Economizer + Gem Box for Ultima-Quick-UltimaX4, all for 6 MP. :D

Celes: Genji Glove + Offering for devastating physical attacks with Atma Weapon and Illumina.

Edgar: Auto-Crossbow and Drill.

Locke: Stealing another Atma Weapon from the 3rd tier, giving it to Celes, and then Celes one-shots the last boss.

Jiro
06-03-2014, 10:24 AM
All I remember is that Edgar fucking died and I was so pissed.

Wolf Kanno
06-04-2014, 05:21 AM
Usually some combination of Terra, Celes, Locke, Shadow, Setzer, Mog, or Cyan.

BustaMo
06-12-2014, 09:27 PM
My final 4 was Locke, Celes, Sabin, and Edgar.

They were my 4 most powerful and leveled up characters at that point in the game. I had I think Celes get knocked out of the final battle, and inserted into the party came Shadow who was my next most powerful. I got extremely annihilated the 1st time I tried to beat Kefka, but the 2nd time after some much needed leveling, I got the upper-hand.