PDA

View Full Version : EoFFVII Achievements

Sephiroth
06-01-2014, 04:27 PM
I am making EoFF Achievements for Final Fantasy VII here. They are not the ones from Steam but some I made by myself with titles and a "trophy picture". You could call it a forum game as it is no official trophy list so I ask you - if you want to be a part of it - please just post if you really have done the task and not just by saying "I did that" even though you did not or the entire point of this thread is non-existant.

Before I start I very well accept suggestions for trophies of those who are interested.

The Planet dies, Cloud!
Finish the Bombing Mission and arrive at Sector 7.
Ore wa kuraudia, moderu kurasu fasto.
Get the best possible accessories for Don Corneo, make up and chosen by the Lord of Sector 6.
Let's get outta here.
Finish the Midgar scenario by leaving the city.
I didn't do anything.
Played with Tifa's panties in the flashback.
Our enemy can do something like this?
Defeat a Midgar Zolom before reaching the other side of the marshlands and finding Sephiroth's reptilian trace.
For the future.
Fought your first Fort Condor story-battle.
Star of Wutai
Get Yuffie to join the team.
This is MY Villa.
Buy the Villa and make it Villa Cloud.

Newmani
06-02-2014, 03:15 AM
I have gotten most of those. Getting Beta after all those failed tries.... awesome. :cool:

I can think of a few more though, like getting Knights of the Round, or getting Vinny and Yuffie, or beating the Weapons. Or beating Sephy with an attack that deals damage from above, like Bahamut ZERO. Oh the irony!

Sephiroth
06-02-2014, 03:30 AM
I have gotten most of those. Getting Beta after all those failed tries.... awesome. :cool:

I can think of a few more though, like getting Knights of the Round, or getting Vinny and Yuffie, or beating the Weapons. Or beating Sephy with an attack that deals damage from above, like Bahamut ZERO. Oh the irony!

I don't think so because the achievement is gotten by doing that after the thread is opened.

Newmani
06-02-2014, 03:33 AM

I don't think so because the achievement is gotten by doing that after the thread is opened.

...Ah.

Well it's not like I was all that low on excuses to play FFVII again...

Sephiroth
06-02-2014, 03:40 AM

...Ah.

Well it's not like I was all that low on excuses to play FFVII again...

Just wait until the list is complete then you see what you can "achieve". I don't give achievements for everything, of course. You can still make suggestions for what should be an achievement.

Mercen-X
06-02-2014, 06:42 AM
The Planet dies, Cloud!
Finish the Bombing Mission and arrive at Sector 7.
Let's get outta here.
Finish the Midgar scenario by leaving the city.

I've stated before I dislike "Achievement" trophies that reward a player for minimal effort. Why am I being rewarded for playing through the story mode? What's more, I'm being rewarded multiple times. You have no choice but to complete the Bombing Mission unless the game's code has been altered and you have no choice but to leave Midgar.

Worthy trophies may include things like clearing the train cars, collecting all E.Skills, massacring 1000 Cactuars, giving Jenova a second look, naming Nanaki, obtaining the Huge Materia, defeating the WEAPONs (not counting Diamond and Sapphire), using Level 4 for each character (except Cait Sith), landing a hit against the Dragon during the flashback or simply being revived by Sephiroth (despite the fact that the Dragon will most likely kill you again afterward... the effort here would involve replaying the flashback if you didn't get the Achievement the first time), dating Tifa-Yuffie-Barret instead of Aerith, breeding a Gold Chocobo... like I've stated before, Achievements should be for things you wouldn't normally need to do in the game to play through the story, for that the end credits would be the reward. So, things that take effort or experimentation like just doing outright stupid and pointless things like trying repeatedly to open that dummy chest in Kalm. Also, all Achievements should be rewarded upon viewing the end credits rather than reward as you play.

beating Sephy with an attack that deals damage from above, like Bahamut ZERO. Oh the irony!

New finishing move replaces Omnislash: Aerith's Revenge! Cloud leaps up like a Dragoon and impales his sword through Sephiroth (which should normally pretty much rip him in half); picture either the Buster Sword, Ultima Weapon, or First Tsurugi.