PDA

View Full Version : Oafs, one and all.

Pike
06-01-2014, 04:48 PM

http://pronouncenames.com/pronounce/eoff

Sorry guys but it's official. Our forum is pronounced "Oaf". Also spelled Öff, as in HANDS ÖFF!

In this thread we talk about ~pronunciation revelations~ such as how the creator of GIFs said they are pronounced like JIFs.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
06-01-2014, 04:50 PM
how the creator of GIFs said they are pronounced like JIFs.

Well he is fucking wrong.

Shauna
06-01-2014, 04:52 PM
We... were actually arguing about GIF in the TeamSpeak last night. And by arguing, I mean I was antagonising everyone by pronouncing it jif. xD

Raistlin
06-01-2014, 04:55 PM
In this thread we talk about ~pronunciation revelations~ such as how the creator of GIFs said they are pronounced like JIFs.

That's not so much of a "revelation" as what every sane person had already been doing.

For years as a kid, I thought "Sean" was pronounced... well, like it's spelled. :p I also pronounced "epitome" as "ep-ih-tome." I'm sure there are some others I'm forgetting, as there used to be a lot; I would learn vocabulary through lots and lots of reading, and in some cases it was years before I actually heard a word out-loud.

Sephiroth
06-01-2014, 05:00 PM
Öff is not even a real German word.

Alive-Cat
06-01-2014, 05:00 PM
I heard someone pronounce 'gif' like actually 'gif' and not 'jif'. There are some strange people out there :(

My name is spelt 'Sean', people in the past have told me they read it as 'seen'. There are some strange people out there.