PDA

View Full Version : We want your Eyes on Final Fantasy Memories!

Shorty
06-01-2014, 06:39 PM
Immediately after making this thread title, I am given the image of a deranged doctor (Loony BoB) in a science fiction film piecing apart memories of the members here in a darkroom as if they were photographs.

This is very important. I need you! YOU! Yes, you, I'm pointing at you, don't turn your head back and gesture to the member behind you!

Your friendly neighborhood staff are in the works of attempting a very special project and I need all of your help. It's going to take time and effort. I need you to reflect on your history as a member of EoFF and come up with examples of what you pinpoint to be highlights of your membership. There is no limit! No limit whatsoever.

We are looking for images from your stockpile of graphics created in EoFF-related images, share links of threads you insist on being included, photos of meetups, paraphrased recaps on hilarious stories of you or other members. Anything and everything you can think of, we want it. Whether you've been a member for over a decade or under a year - tenure does not matter. We want to collect your memories!

No, I cannot tell you what the project is. :heart: But trust me that if we can get everyone to come together for this and put in effort, it will be well worth it.

What pieces of your time at EoFF are you willing to share? Post them here, PM me, PM another staff member, open up a private feedback thread. We would love to obtain them by any avenue necessary!

A massive thank you in advance for your cooperation! I hope that this journey helps enlighten you all to reflect on the amazing times here and help indulge in nostalgia of your experiences of Eyes on Final Fantasy. If our Ciddies yesterday were any indication about the amazing times we can collectively have as members here, I am certain that filing through your memories past will bring you the same amount of joy.

Get to posting! :jess:

Important edit: We are also looking for people to summarize a year of Eyes on Final Fantasy! If there are any years of your membership that stand out, please do this. We can have multiple entries for years and you can do more than one year, this is encouraged. Write out sentences, paragraphs, or you can even just list descriptive words.

Threads of importance:
EoFF Memes (http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread.php/156908-EoFF-Memes)
EoFF Meetup Photos (http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread.php/156909-EoFF-Meetup-Photos)
Post your EoFF History (http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread.php/146092-Post-your-EoFF-History)
So how is everyone doing? (http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread.php/149114-So-how-is-everyone-doing?)
Summarize a year of EoFF (http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread.php/156912-Summarize-a-year-of-EoFF)

Shorty
06-01-2014, 06:43 PM
There is time, though for certain, I can't say how much. I don't want to say, "You have months!" because I think this will discourage people from participating by being forgetful, though that is the true answer. A few months. I'll give an arbitrary deadline of September 1st.

Agent Proto
06-01-2014, 06:58 PM
My ultimate moment will forever shall be this gif I created for the staff back in '06. I want to share this with our newer members.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v356/proto3k2/whatislove2.gif

The members in the picture are Big D, Loony BoB (in the backseat), and RSL (driver).

Alive-Cat
06-01-2014, 07:08 PM
My ultimate moment will forever shall be this gif I created for the staff back in '06. I want to share this with out newer members.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v356/proto3k2/whatislove2.gif

The members in the picture are Big D, Loony BoB (in the backseat), and RSL (driver).

Oh, it's been a while since I saw this thing around! Just beautiful.

Argh, a lot of my main old school memories are back in the '05/'06 era, but as far as images etc go I have none now. Also a lot of weird, pointless and mostly funny stuff in usernotes. People's usernotes and the looonggggg endless stream of strange phrases and conversations that went on forever need to get a shout in this thing somehow.

Great times in MSN with members as well, but that's another thing where there isn't really a way to show the memories.

But I'll wrack my noggin for a way to contribute to this somehow!

theundeadhero
06-01-2014, 07:34 PM
Get an Admin to find where on the server the old photo album is, or maybe in the archive there's some of the old threads, and you'll find tons of pics of EOFF meetups.

Shauna
06-01-2014, 07:47 PM
Hmmm, I will throw down some thoughts here to prompt me to try and remember more! When I am less tired.

- First Glasgow meetup with smittenkitten and Squinn (and subsequent nonsense times with Danielle)
- Y!M. All of it.
- The hustle and bustle of 2005 #eoff, they were crazy times. Me and the gals from that time... Classic.

*INSERT 4-5 YEAR HIATUS*

- Distant Worlds and rejoining the community, I guess, was a big thing for me.
- Edinbugger meets with the Poocats
- The Towns Wedding
- Being staff, I suppose. It's not nostalgic right now, but it might be soon.

Good lord I don't nearly have enough memories of this place. I'll come back to this...

...I might even, oh god I can't believe I'm even thinking this, look through my LJ and see what utter trout went down in my 14-17 EoFF times.

Sephex
06-01-2014, 08:29 PM
*I have mentioned this one many times, but the time that a topic about the Mako poisoned guy in the slums of Sector 5 eventually turned into people viciously debating other aspects of FFVII, including the material Vincent's coffin was made out of based on the sound it made when it opened and closed. Though at the time I was frustrated at the topic (and I think one of the posters was trolling), what made it funny to me is that edczxcvbnm and I came up with an idea to get it closed. At the time, even jokingly suggesting that you can revive Aeris was a big no-no. So one of us posted it, then we reported ourselves to Kawaii Ryukishi, a mod at the time. He totally knew what we were up to, but closed the thread and sarcastically posted that it was a bloody shame that he had to close the off rails thread at that point.

*My personal return in January of 2012. Though I posted a few months at time since I joined, I think the longest I went without posting here was maybe barley over a year. However, ever since I came back, I have stuck around and been having the best time I ever had in any sort of online community. As shameful as this is to admit, while I was never the biggest trouble maker, there were far too many times that I argued with the staff or other members. As the years went by combined with myself mellowing out over the years, I learned that I appreciate rare communities such as this place.

Almost everywhere else on the internet people feel obligated to be as rude as possible to each other because the whole "LOL INTERNET HATE MACHINE" mindset. Though I feel that aspect of the net isn't as bad as it used to be in general, smaller communities like this one are fantastic. Even when people argue with each other here, it's more of a reasonable deal then other places around the internet (yes, I feel that way as much as I gripe about EOEO).

Most of us know each other beyond our screen names and most of us have seen us take major steps in our lives. It makes me wish that I posted here frequently ages ago, honestly.

*Though I don't take the Ciddies very seriously, I find it a fun thing to be apart of, no matter if I was nominated for something or not. That being said, when members pulled together to vote me to "Win a Ciddie for the very first time" I felt great about it. Though I miss the running gag of me barley missing winning a Ciddie by a vote or two, I am happy that people feel positively about me. In the most recent Ciddies as of this writing, I got over 30 votes for best member. That blew my mind.

*Belto Maxson. In a thread where someone was making fun of Tetsuya Nomura's obsession with belts and zippers. One poster wondered if he would design a character that was just a "sentient belt mass." That night I made a long winded post making up all these BS facts about a hidden or cut character in FFX called Belto Maxson. I used the character to make fun of everything from Japanese to English translation to typical video game secret crap. Eventually, I reused the character in a five part MSpaint comic that also poked fun at edczxcvbnm and FF tropes. Long story short, I first introduced the character in 2004 or 2005. When I started to post again in 2012, a couple of long time members STILL referenced him. My drawing of character in question: http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s26/Sephex/belto_zps6fb08900.gif

*The Polo Ponys. Back in 2001, edczxcvbnm and I wanted to make fun of typical hard music that got heavy for the sake of being heavy, despite the fact to some extent, we both like heavy music (these days I am much more into heavier stuff and edczxcvbnm doesn't like anything heavy). Anyway, we crated a "band" where edczxcvbnm screamed his lungs out while having a keyboard on a crappy drum loop and bashing other keys randomly. I borrowed his younger brother's guitar and either played the same pattern of power chords or just wailed on the guitar completely randomly. The only link I can find that has a song of ours is a YTMND that Agent Proto put together: http://poloponys.ytmnd.com/ Also, keep in mind that we did this before either of us drank.

Shorty
06-01-2014, 08:53 PM
Important edit added: We are also looking for people to summarize a year of Eyes on Final Fantasy! If there are any years of your membership that stand out, please do this. We can have multiple entries for years and you can do more than one year, this is encouraged. Write out sentences, paragraphs, or you can even just list descriptive words.

Dat Matt
06-01-2014, 09:59 PM
Wolf Canoe.

Kalevala
06-01-2014, 10:23 PM
Any of the 11 hours of TeamSpeak yesterday.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
06-02-2014, 12:40 AM
I've got plenty of fond memories. I'll post them at some point. I still need to figure out how I'd like to word it all.

My ultimate moment will forever shall be this gif I created for the staff back in '06. I want to share this with our newer members.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v356/proto3k2/whatislove2.gifThe members in the picture are Big D, Loony BoB (in the backseat), and RSL (driver).

For full effect, press play and leave it running in the background:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ma24wmAjRGo

Pumpkin
06-02-2014, 04:01 AM
I don't have any pics of memories or anything D:. I can just kinda... talk about them

Shorty
06-02-2014, 04:03 AM
So talk about them! Link to them! Link your favorite threads :love:

Pumpkin
06-02-2014, 04:09 AM
Well I met Peeg which was fun in a weird way and I met VTG which was weird, but he was a nice guy really. Met sharky of course and began a relationship. When I first joined, DD and I would visitor message each other every single day with nonsense, because we'd run out of things to talk about but wanted to talk anyway.

When I first started talking to sharky I didn't like him because I thought he was married and cheating on his wife with foa, which is kind of funny in hindsight.

I had a lot of fun with the Movember event and I donated a whole bunch of money to it. I've run a whole bunch of events and enjoyed doing it. I get excited everytime I get an article published. I remember seeing a section to contribute stuff to the frontsite back when I first joined, but I kind of laughed and said that would never be me. Now I'm the only current holder of the contributor title and have written a good amount of content, and have no plans to stop doing so.

Chat has always been an awesome place for me and I love the chat peoples. I was so intimidated by it when I first started going and now it's like "my people :snuggle:!!!" My life would be very much different without it.

Jiro
06-02-2014, 05:06 AM
This sounds like a particularly overwhelming project. The only things that I feel like mentioning off the top of my head are the Apocalypse Party, the Poké Party being arguably the first elections party to actually win and effect change, everybody getting Linus a job :argh:, and the hours G13 and I spent in MSN chatting about what we were adding to the Wiki.

Shorty
06-02-2014, 05:09 AM
It will no doubt be overwhelming. I estimate I will spend hours scouring The Farplane and personally surveying members.

The first step is for everyone to offer it up willingly! After that, I will dog your heels.

Freya
06-02-2014, 05:35 AM
A few highlights:

Getting super into mafia when I was in highschool. That was so thrilling. To actively use deductive reasoning to figure out who was good an bad was awesome. I put a lot of effort into it. It was one of the most exciting times I had on here.

The various people I met was always fun and a blast and I'd rather not list everyone as that would just string it out and lessen the impact. Every single person I have met from this site has been lovely. I shared laughs with all of them. Adventures with others. Even rollarcoasters with some. The people here are special and I have been blessed to have met some of them.

Meeting Kitase and Toriyama was the biggest highlight of my nerdom. Not just for EoFF history, that was a huge thing for me. As a kid I always wanted to meet a creator of Final Fantasy. It happened! Thanks to Eyes on Final Fantasy. I mean to say your dream was to meet someone who made a game doesn't sound too glamorous but it was to me. EoFF made that dream become a reality.

Being an Editor is awesome and I'm so lucky to be a part of it. It's what has really stood out for me on EoFF. I personally get to affect EoFF's future with the content I create. It's hard though. A lot of what we do isn't seen by most or at least not noticed. It wanes on each of us, myself included. Cool things happen though, we bring new content and have reached out to new areas. We are able to interact with SE themselves in person and online. It makes me happy to help directly affect this place and help it grow.

Although, being an Editor is a thankless job. We work hard to bring content to the site actively. We do so completely for free out of our love of FF and our love for EoFF. Sometimes though, sometimes you get rewarded. With things like that trip. The Editor role hasn't been around for very long. Pike and I were the original ones still left and she's moved on to be a CK and Social Media Manager so really I'm the only Editor from the beginning. I've seen the entire process of how it's worked as a staff role. And in those two years we've already been honored with meeting the people who work and create the games that this place is based off of. That happened in the two years of the role. Imagine what we can do in the future with it! I love that I'm a part of that and it means a lot to me that EoFF has allowed me to have that role.

I just love EoFF a lot mmkay? Lots of feels.

Kalevala
06-02-2014, 06:24 AM
This and the great time I had the other night during the Ciddies have really increased my immersion in the community. You'd be hard pressed to find another online forum community that is as tight and wonderful as this one.

I think I'll be staying here awhile.

Ayen
06-02-2014, 10:08 AM
The first thing that comes to mind off the top of my head is winning Best Newbie, MLT: Win a Ciddy for the first time, and MLT: Be the next Cid Knight after only being a member for a couple of months. Hell if I know where to find that thread.

I still have fond memories of posting my Lord of the Rings review on here because it made people happy that I talked about a game that never gets talked about and the discussion to follow. Might have to dig a little into General Gaming board to find that one. It was posted back in December.

I'm sure I'm forgetting a truckload of other stuff. I have a terrible memory.

Alive-Cat
06-02-2014, 12:24 PM
I know everyone says this but, after my initial two year run, after seven years of very infrequent posting, it's like no time has passed and I FEEL THE LOVE ALREADY. IT'S LIKE WE NEVER SKIPPED A BEAT GUYS IT'S LIKE WE WERE MADE FOR EACH OTHER. I AM MAKING EOFF MEMORIES RIGHT NOW :heart:

love

noxious.sunshine
06-02-2014, 09:37 PM
Telling Laddy I bought up Target's supply of Chia seeds to make his hair grow back after he cut it.

E-marrying Rantz a lot of times.

People switching names in chat and being each other.

idk.

Dat Matt
06-03-2014, 12:04 AM
Besides Jinx Getting amazingly drunk on the teamspeak at the weekend, the majority of my memories of this place actually come from the group meetups in Edinburgh. Bob's Wedding in particular where I got to meet some great folk and embarrass myself in front of them.

Two main event's from the forum stick in my mind. The first is the Ciddies Revelation thread where we spammed bad troll faces, and Shauna Laughed so hard she actually started crying. http://x1.fjcdn.com/thumbnails/comments/4216007+_0869b83b74c4e35b972ab952bce48ac4.png

The other one is "Who is Ryan?". I started a nice image macro thread for Cute animal pics and it was highjacked by the mods and turned into something of a spam thread. we all cordinated in chat to post the same assortment of random things. Reading back now, the thread makes no sense, but it was the best thing in the world at the time.

theundeadhero
06-03-2014, 04:21 AM
My first memory of EOFF took place when I wasn't even a member yet. In the Summer of 1999 I was looking for a Crono Trigger walkthrough and found the one by Spatvark hosted here. I used it and other random FF information over the next few years as I played through the game. Then in 2001, while randomly clicking links on the frontsite, I discovered what forums were, and even though I had reservations about it went ahead and joined. My name back then was The Undead Hero and I posted in dark red font (the horror!) Some of my earliest forum memories include the thread Sephex mentioned. At one point they were arguing about whether Vincent was injected with Jenova cells. I think I remember arguing that he had been because Jenova was known to turn people into monsters and Vincent's limit-breaks were definitely monstrous. Other memories include wandering into The Daily Grind forum and thinking, "WTF is this?", seeing a pre-CK BoB and Mr. Murder actually posting in the FF forums often, and avoiding General Chat like the plague because I was here to talk about Final Fantasy, not whatever randomness you lot were talking about.

Over the next few years my posting was very sporadic even though I looked at the place much more often. Due to lack of posting my account fell victim to the memberbase prunings, three times. Finally, in the Summer of 2004, I registered for the last time. Around October I ventured into the General Chat and started posting. It made a drastic difference. I made a lot of friends and posted even more. My lord was I a spammer. People took notice though. That was around the time of "I H8 U SUPER DELETE!" and "Copy paste. Duh!" Habbo Hotel was also a thing around here where people would log in and hang out for a while. There was also a forum RP thing called something like "The Land of Eorzea," or close, I can't remember exactly what. It was where I met kikimm, my most missed member. Around November I decided I wanted to help the Site Staff and make web pages for the frontsite, but I knew absolutely nothing about how to do so. I took some source pages that were already on the frontsite and spent a couple of days playing, modifying, and breaking them until I knew exactly what everything did. Then I got to work making page after page of content. By December BoB ranked me, something completely unheard of to happen so fast. By December I was already getting nominated for best Site Staff. It wasn't automatic back then. I can't remember if that was one of the times I won the ciddie or not. It was always a fierce competition against Baloki, Flying Mullet, Spatvark, and myself.

The April Fools 2005 joke was unprecedented at the time. No one expected it- it just came out of nowhere. Anyone who was around back then will always remember it. There are several other things I remember from that year, some which I'm not too sure matter to anyone other than the people involved in it.

There was a little mock religious rebellion that members could be a part of that involved The Religion of Ciddism against The Spammers. Monkey (Jojo), Marick, Genius Lynx (Madonna), Flying Mullet, and myself were some of the key members involved although I'm sure there's plenty I forget. It was like a mini-dramatic event where I was eventually voted as EOFF Pope, leader of Ciddism, despite the controversy of being "in Monkey's pants", a key member of The Spammers.

The first of many doomed to failure EOFF newsletters was put together. I made a website for it and updated it's content for each edition, while others were reporters sent out to gather interesting information and interview people. It was all tragically lead by Marick, and was amongst the first of many reasons the meme "Getting Maricked" started.

I'm pretty sure this was the year I made the first EOFF C.S.I. event, which involved a mystery that people had to investigate. People would send PMs to other members I selected to be involved for information to solve a murder mystery. I think I had Psychotic murdered and Meat Puppet incorrectly arrested for it. Members had to figure out who the real murderer was. It can be found somewhere in the archives.

I made THE EOFF Horror House as well. This was a web-based choose your own adventure style story where the choice you made was clicked on as a link that lead to another part of the story. Taking the wrong path would get you murdered by a member of the time's current staff, along with a very select few other members, but choosing the right path lead to Cid granting you knighthood. At the very end there was a little quiz about EOFF history that is hopelessly outdated now. Psychotic was the first to complete it and joke-posted saying they had to knight him now, which they jokingly gave him a fake CK title for a while :p It can also be found in the archives. I think this was one of the primary reasons they also allowed me a Recognized Member title and let me switch back and forth all willy-nilly like before it was simply a Former Staff title.

I think I've typed enough for now but there's an 04/05 for you :p I'll summarize my 06-the present for you later

Alive-Cat
06-03-2014, 07:44 AM
I like that story. :greenie:

Shoden
06-04-2014, 01:10 AM
I remember recurring jokes about how young I looked about 10 years ago, me and Alive-Man terrorising threads with some cringe-worthy attempts of spam yet hilarious and fun at the time.
I was a frequent victim of the *snip* because I was, in my youth a massive bellend. Hell, Alive-Man's signature is a reference to the thread I made that got me banned for 6 was it 6 years? yeah about that. I made a random thread about Mexicans and Psychotic popped up to me and basically said "Sorry dude, you're banned, Liverpool4lyf" which reminds me of posting nonsense in the football thread about Boumsong at Newcastle.

Few Metallica fanboy threads, being banned from EoEO a few times...

I sure did a lot of arsery to get so many bans ha XD
well I've been back for a while and haven't really got any memories of my time since coming back BUT, that'll change, yeah guys? I still love you all!

Formalhaut
06-04-2014, 01:18 AM
There is time, though for certain, I can't say how much. I don't want to say, "You have months!" because I think this will discourage people from participating by being forgetful, though that is the true answer. A few months. I'll give an arbitrary deadline of September 1st.

Well, that's plenty of time. I have all summer!

:hyper: I've got a new project to do! Yay!

-N-
06-05-2014, 01:13 AM
I don't have anything in particular to contribute, but maybe this post will trigger some memories. Good luck with your project!

escobert
06-05-2014, 01:18 AM
I don't have anything in particular to contribute, but maybe this post will trigger some memories. Good luck with your project!

It give me wet dreams :love:

theundeadhero
06-05-2014, 03:01 AM
I remember you. From in the mountains!

Alive-Cat
06-05-2014, 02:32 PM

I'm probably going to start wetting the bed again now :(

Lone Wolf Leonhart
06-05-2014, 11:53 PM
This one came to mind pretty quickly:

Back in the 2005/06 days of EoFF, MSN was still a pretty big thing. Aside from talking on the EoFF chat a lot of members would have your hotmail handle as well.

I tried to add Psychotic on MSN and he sent me on a wild goose chase! I would add an e-mail he responded to me with, I would talk to said person, then they would be like "Nah, this is Moon Zapdos" or whoever. I caught on pretty quick when I realized he tried to give me the e-mail of someone that I already had on my messenger ;)

I probably made about 5 new EoFF friends during the search and you know what? I don't even remember if I ended up talking to Paul on there or not.

Alive-Cat
06-06-2014, 07:16 PM
This one came to mind pretty quickly:

Back in the 2005/06 days of EoFF, MSN was still a pretty big thing. Aside from talking on the EoFF chat a lot of members would have your hotmail handle as well.

I tried to add Psychotic on MSN and he sent me on a wild goose chase! I would add an e-mail he responded to me with, I would talk to said person, then they would be like "Nah, this is Moon Zapdos" or whoever. I caught on pretty quick when I realized he tried to give me the e-mail of someone that I already had on my messenger ;)

I probably made about 5 new EoFF friends during the search and you know what? I don't even remember if I ended up talking to Paul on there or not.

I don't think I ever, ever managed to get his msn :(

theundeadhero
06-06-2014, 07:50 PM
Don't give up on your dreams! He may give it to you now even though he may not use it anymore.

Alive-Cat
06-07-2014, 12:24 PM
Do you think so? Paulchotic, is this true? :excited:

Loony BoB
06-13-2014, 04:32 PM
My first memory of EOFF took place when I wasn't even a member yet. In the Summer of 1999 I was looking for a Crono Trigger walkthrough and found the one by Spatvark hosted here.
In the summer of 2000, I'd imagine. EoFF didn't exist during the summer of '99, and I'm pretty sure it was only the forums that existed until a bit later on, and I'm pretty sure Spatvark joined after 2000 (although it's possible I'm wrong there).

theundeadhero
06-13-2014, 07:59 PM
Could have been.

Alive-Cat
06-13-2014, 08:48 PM
In the summer of 1999, I was seven :bigsmile:

Christmas
06-15-2014, 03:04 PM
I would love to share!! :bigsmile:

Let's see,

I hanged out in the Final Fantasy VIII forum mostly back in those days when I first joined and debate with that Future Esthar bloke on his theories.

After which I started hanging out in the General Chats more often and uses MS Paint for all kind of crazy things such as this one (http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread.php/97176-Civil-War-Alternate-Version) and my personal favourite (http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread.php/104910-An-EoFF-Tale). (Wonder why it got moved to the archive, lol):bigsmile:

I wrote a story (http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread.php/92440-A-TRUE-LOVE-STORY) too back in those days. That was pretty fun. Usually, I spend a lot of time promoting the way of usernoting, or visitor messages which it is called nowadays. :bigsmile:

That goes on for a year or so then I left. I don't even remember the reason or maybe there isn't a reason. :bigsmile:

When I return, I organized some (http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread.php/132580-The-First-EoFF-Battle-Of-The-Sexes-Showdown!-GIRLS-WIN!) events (http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread.php/144621-The-Second-Magnificent-RSL-Create-A-Smiley-Competition)for the community just so everyone can have fun and have a laugh. Did I host the ciddies once? I cannot remember though. :bigsmile:

And then I left again. lol. :kaoclove:

EDIT: I remember why I left, one of the reason is because the loading time for the site is just too long for me. haha.

That pretty summarizes everything I guess. Might have missed out some parts though but I think I will keep this short. :bigsmile:

Alive-Cat
06-15-2014, 03:10 PM
I would love to share!! :bigsmile:

Let's see,

I hanged out in the Final Fantasy VIII forum mostly back in those days when I first joined and debate with that Future Esthar bloke on his theories.

After which I started hanging out in the General Chats more often and uses MS Paint for all kind of crazy things such as this one (http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread.php/97176-Civil-War-Alternate-Version) and my personal favourite (http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread.php/104910-An-EoFF-Tale). (Wonder why it got moved to the archive, lol):bigsmile:

I wrote a story (http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread.php/92440-A-TRUE-LOVE-STORY) too back in those days. That was pretty fun. Usually, I spend a lot of time promoting the way of usernoting, or visitor messages which it is called nowadays. :bigsmile:

That goes on for a year or so then I left. I don't even remember the reason or maybe there isn't a reason. :bigsmile:

When I return, I organized some (http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread.php/132580-The-First-EoFF-Battle-Of-The-Sexes-Showdown!-GIRLS-WIN!) events (http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread.php/144621-The-Second-Magnificent-RSL-Create-A-Smiley-Competition)for the community just so everyone can have fun and have a laugh. Did I host the ciddies once? I cannot remember though. :bigsmile:

And then I left again. lol. :kaoclove:

EDIT: I remember why I left, one of the reason is because the loading time for the site is just too long for me. haha.

That pretty summarizes everything I guess. Might have missed out some parts though but I think I will keep this short. :bigsmile:

I will read this story every night before sleep

Zell's Fists of Fury
07-13-2014, 05:19 PM
Am I late to the nostalgia party?

:goomba:

EDIT: WHERE IS MY GOOMBA

Shorty
07-13-2014, 08:13 PM
Daniel purged them all. Here, have a pitchfork.

Fonzie
07-14-2014, 05:00 AM
I remember when Square Enix made good final fantasy games.

Shiny
07-14-2014, 06:35 AM
I was one of the lucky people that had the pleasure of talking to DK and Psychotic every week on MSN or Xbox Live. My fondest EoFF members are probably on Xbox Live actually playing with Jess, DK, Psy, and BoB. BoB probably doesn't remember, but he was horrible at Halo. Probably even worse than me, and that's a feat. The best memories are Mafia moments, or in my user notes. I spent a large portion of my time during 2006 - 2007 in my user notes. Good times indeed.

I have a few MSN voice recordings stored away in some folder on an old flash drive. If I feel brave enough, I'll post a few. xD They feature myself, and many other EoFFers thinking we can do voice acting or sing.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
07-15-2014, 03:14 AM
I have a few MSN voice recordings stored away in some folder on an old flash drive. If I feel brave enough, I'll post a few. xD They feature myself, and many other EoFFers thinking we can do voice acting or sing.

That's a must hear. Do it for the history :cool:

Mo-Nercy
07-19-2014, 02:26 PM
I remember winning the User Name Tournament with the fewest amount of votes ever. Hah!

I think I've won a couple of Ciddies too for my 'sad apple' avatar and related custom title. I was surprised by that because I sort of come and go from EoFF randomly and have never really ever stuck around for more than a few months at a time.

EoFF has always been my startup page though. It's amazing to think that I've stuck to that for 12 years.

Christmas
07-19-2014, 04:01 PM
I wonder what's the special project is all about. :bigsmile:

Iceglow
07-20-2014, 06:28 PM
God, there's a lot of memories in around 12 years of being a member. I think we definitely need to make mention of the Zombie Election party because it was pretty epic though I remember Freya got a little upset about the joke images we made (don't pick fights you can't win young lady, which having recently re-read that election to see if the scoreboard of Julian and the Cage was up in the thread still I must say you did start the fight) at her expense, though they were meant to be funny and not offend so sorry for that. Also "The Party" where we changed our name and political ideals each and every day. That was hilarious especially at first when people didn't get it xD

Lone Wolf Leonhart
07-25-2014, 10:53 PM
I remember logging in one day and instead of Lone Wolf Leonhart I saw the name Angel Wing Heartilly. My avatar was changed to Rinoa. Similar things happened to a lot of other people as well!

I don't recall the details of the whole situation. I can't remember if it was for an event or just for laughs, but there was a good few days there where pretty much every active member got a gender swap.

If someone else shared their memories of that time I'm sure it would all come back to me :grover:

Lonely Paper Star
07-31-2014, 06:13 PM
SkypeCru was a pretty fun time. Much more recently, D&D, too.

XxSephirothxX
08-05-2014, 07:43 AM
I think I got most of this out of my system last year. I didn't write about my memories, but the story I told represented them.

Maybe I'll write down some more this month. The most vivid that immediately comes to mind is the Summer of Resha in #eoff in 2005. 20,000 lines of chat in a month, I think.