PDA

View Full Version : Getting a new Graphics Card

Vermachtnis
06-01-2014, 07:33 PM
And I could use some help. I have a AMD Radeon HD 7310 Graphics and from looking around the 310 is the important part and is really, really bad. I didn't think it was that bad, I mean I could play Skyrim. It didn't look that great, but I could play it. But trying to play Final Fantasy XIV is a whole other story. I have my setting to shitty and it's still really bad. I can't see AoE attacks fast enough to react. It took me almost an hour to do this simple quest because I couldn't make a five foot jump. I mean I'd hit space and my guy would run off the edge and then jump. Or he'd stop moving and just jump in the air and then walk off. And don't get me started on FATEs with 10 people running around with there flashy attacks, because I can't. I can't get started on those FATEs. If I'm lucky I can't Bio one thing. And that's really why I decided to get a new Graphics Card, cause looking around all the post game stuff is 8-man parties.

So can anyone help recommend a decent Graphics Card for the above for around 100 USD?

Slothy
06-01-2014, 08:02 PM
Honestly, best place to start if you're in the market for a new GPU is this article: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107-2.html

They do an updated version every month and it can give you a few quick options to look for in whatever your price range is.

Vermachtnis
06-02-2014, 03:33 PM
Thanks, that website's pretty helpful.