PDA

View Full Version : Which version is the best?

Freya
06-01-2014, 09:19 PM
I've been wanting to play this entry but there are so many versions! Which one is the best though?

Wolf Kanno
06-01-2014, 09:45 PM
Depends on your taste and what you want out of the game. I like retro and a bit more challenge so I prefer the original NES version but if you want a bit more character and some better balancing then the DS version is pretty awesome too. I don't know if the PSP or iOS version are any different from the DS version though.

VeloZer0
06-02-2014, 07:12 AM
I'm partial to the DS version. I'm partial to that style of graphics.

Freya
06-03-2014, 04:24 AM
It's on steam now... but I kinda want it on my phone but I don't want to ya know... get the phone app version? I'm thinking about getting the older NES version cause of that. Cause I can't get a DS version. Although I have a 3DS I don't play on it as much as I do my phone.

I'm debating the steam thing but i'm not sure. They look really cute in that version :)

fat_moogle
06-04-2014, 02:03 AM
I bought it for Android as I don't have a DS. It eats up your phone battery...but the S4 isn't that great for battery life so I can't compare it to any other phone. As far as I'm aware the iOS / Android version was just a straight port of the DS version, so if you use your phone more it would make more sense to just get the phone version.

Freya
06-04-2014, 06:31 AM
I have a droid HD Maxx and it has a 2 day battery life. Heavy use it would be a day and maybe a quarter. So I may look into getting it for the android but I can't justify $15 for a phone app. I know it's the full game but... idk i'd pay the same price for like the steam version or the DS version but I can't get over the whole "it's HOW much?!" on a phone. We'll see.

Sefie1999AD
06-05-2014, 09:04 PM
Either play the original NES version, or get the PSP version. The latter is otherwise like the DS version, except you can toggle between remade and 8-bit music, there's an option for Auto-Battle (selects previously used commands and fast-forwards through the battle, great for leveling up :D), and the WiFi side-quests have been turned into offline quests.