PDA

View Full Version : Locke, Celes, and Rachel

Wolf Kanno
06-01-2014, 10:47 PM
Honestly, this is one of my favorite love triangles in the series, simply because it's complicated in rather unconventional ways for the series. It also doesn't overtake the plot like most FF love stories and it ends more definitively than IV and VIIs. Let's discuss one of the best love stories in the series.

NeoCracker
06-02-2014, 12:32 AM
I actually really like it's one of the best built relationships between Locke and Celes, if only because it doesn't really hit a point of 'love' by storys end. Which makes perfect sense considering Locke's lingering attatchment to Rachael.

Upon his resolution in World of Ruin, you're actually at a place you could believe a real relationship could start between the two, and leaves it at that. Which is good, considering giant killer clown god is kind of a priority.

Of course that's why I'd be hesitant to call it a love story, as it's a lot more about Locke finally getting some resolution to his past and moving on then an actual love triangle. :p

Jiro
06-03-2014, 10:12 AM
I really like the tangential Terra involvement too, because Locke feels a little protective of her as well, and she's all confused about the concept of love.

Loony BoB
06-03-2014, 03:20 PM
Locke and his three ladies were a great addition to the stories of FFVI. I really enjoyed it, I felt it was very well played out.

Still. Spare a thought for poor Edgar. It seems Locke is the true Lady's Man (Ladies Man?) in this game.

Psychotic
06-03-2014, 04:14 PM
Maybe when Relm's older she'll be interested in the middle-aged King of Figaro.

Sephex
06-03-2014, 10:44 PM
This reminds me. I really wish someone would make a Dark Night parody where Harvey Dent screaming "RACHEL" is played over the scene where she falls off the cliff.

Jiro
06-04-2014, 04:27 AM
Ladies' man.

Krizzy
12-05-2017, 12:25 PM
This is the BEST in the series considering how complicated it is, well compared to most love stories in the history of FF...

Does anyone know fanfics about them? I've read many but I can't seem to get enough :blush:

By the way, Celes said something like "I've found someone who accepts me" does that mean she and Locke are in a relationship already??