PDA

View Full Version : The Hunt Club

Wolf Kanno
06-01-2014, 10:58 PM
Anyone ever do this sidequest to completion in FFXII? I did part of it before I stopped playing but in my next playthrough I was hoping to complete the whole thing and track down all of the Rare Monsters in the game.

Dat Matt
06-01-2014, 11:39 PM
I finished all the hunts including the 3 hours long Yztamat. He was fun.

Was there a bestary in this game?

Depression Moon
06-02-2014, 12:01 AM
Yeah there was a bestiary in the game, but fuck trying to get all the rare monsters. Some of them were too rare.

Neptunia
06-02-2014, 03:32 AM
I never bothered getting the rare game. did some of the hunts before getting bored. there are guides to manipulate the RNG to make certain things spawn and force chests to give certain gear like a zodiac spear.

Colonel Angus
06-02-2014, 05:14 AM
I finished all the hunts including the 3 hours long Yztamat. He was fun.

Was there a bestary in this game?
It was a long time ago I fought Yiazmat. I don't remember how long it took me, seems like forever. Maybe it was an hour or two or four. So many HP... so many HP... :sweat:

metagloria
06-02-2014, 02:10 PM
Hell Wyrm for me is about 45 minutes, Yiazmat is 3 hours. And yes I've done all the hunts and found all the rare game. And yes, I will do it again.

Wolf Kanno
06-02-2014, 05:16 PM
There seems to be some confusion here, the Hunt Club sidequest is not the same as the Mark Hunts. Basically you meet three hunters on the Phon Coast as part of the Hunt Club and if you get the best pass available in Archadia you can meet the gentlement who sponsers them which nets you a quest to join the club. You fight Rare Monsters to get their trophies they drop when defeated and give the trophy to one of the three hunters so they will open one of their shops with cool equipment or items but which shop becomes available depends on which hunter you give them to.

It's basically a sidequest designed to make you finish the bestiary on top of the Mark Hunts, Elite Mark hunts and optional boss fights. So bosses like Hell Wyrm and Yiazmat are not part of this deal.

Pumpkin
06-02-2014, 05:17 PM
I tried but eventually it just became... eh

metagloria
06-02-2014, 05:28 PM
There seems to be some confusion here, the Hunt Club sidequest is not the same as the Mark Hunts. Basically you meet three hunters on the Phon Coast as part of the Hunt Club and if you get the best pass available in Archadia you can meet the gentlement who sponsers them which nets you a quest to join the club. You fight Rare Monsters to get their trophies they drop when defeated and give the trophy to one of the three hunters so they will open one of their shops with cool equipment or items but which shop becomes available depends on which hunter you give them to.

It's basically a sidequest designed to make you finish the bestiary on top of the Mark Hunts, Elite Mark hunts and optional boss fights. So bosses like Hell Wyrm and Yiazmat are not part of this deal.

Ohhhh right. Sorry, I was following everyone else's confusion. I'm pretty sure I've done that quest to completion though.

Elpizo
06-02-2014, 06:04 PM
Well, I completed the bestiary and got all Rare Monsters, but I can't quite remember if I did the Hunt Club part itself, though. I thought hunting the Rare monsters was fun. ^^"

Shauna
06-02-2014, 07:03 PM

Ohh yeah. This one. We finished it, yeah. I forget who we gave the item to in the end.

Karifean
06-02-2014, 07:51 PM
I finished it on my current playthrough. It's a lot more worth it in the International version as the rewards are damn good. We (me and my brother) distributed the trophies evenly - 10, 10, 10 - and we got a Zodiac Spear and a Zodiac Escutcheon for that. Not to mention an Ensanguined Shield and a few other goodies.

Freya
06-03-2014, 04:21 AM
I have never done this one. I haven't done a lot of the side stuff in XII btu I cracked open my guide recently for the first time so I'll probably hit them up soon.

Raistlin
06-04-2014, 03:00 AM
I think I started to do this (as well as got about 2/3 of the way through the Mark hunts) before getting tired of it and finishing the game. I really do want to play this again one day, so maybe I'll do it then.

Quindiana Jones
06-04-2014, 05:57 AM

I don't even remember this. O_O

Neptunia
06-05-2014, 07:00 AM
it's not like the quest is obvious, easy to get to or easy to complete unless you have a guide. I remember killing some rare-game during play but never activate the quest. got up to the behemoth king hunt mark thou. arrogance or overconfidence got me on that one. killing hell wyrm was time consuming but not hard and beyond level difference their stats are about the same. didn't know at the time the effect level had on stats.

BustaMo
06-13-2014, 04:30 AM
I have every one of the Hunts completed except Yiazmat and Omega Mark XII. Actually it's been so long since I played FFXII that I can't remember exactly, but Omega Mark XII isn't acually a part of the Hunt is he? I'm pretty sure he's only just a side mega-boss.

Yiazmat though I have down to about 13 million HP left from the last save point I stopped at. It's not much compared to the 50 Million he starts at, but this is where he is absolutely crushing my party members and I'm retreating to heal A LOT. I do need to get back and conquer him to complete the Hunt 100% though.