PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Final Fantasy

Carl the Llama
06-02-2014, 08:02 AM
Guess its time we done another one of these, seeing as we have 2 new games and a remake to consider! Whats your Favourite Final Fantasy!!!

FTR FFVII (the best game in the series (duh)) has won at least the last 2 times that I know of, let VII reign supreme once more!!!

Ayen
06-02-2014, 08:03 AM
I may as well rip this off quick like a bandage.

Final Fantasy X.

Carl the Llama
06-02-2014, 08:10 AM

Final Fantasy X.

X was one of my favourites, but VII is top of my list.

Ayen
06-02-2014, 08:13 AM

Final Fantasy X.

VII is the second favorite on my list.

Karifean
06-02-2014, 09:11 AM

Final Fantasy X.

Same here.

Pumpkin
06-02-2014, 09:12 AM
NINE

maybee
06-02-2014, 09:49 AM
Final Fantasy IV

Sorry Final Fantasy VIII & Final Fantasy IX

BustaMo
06-13-2014, 02:09 AM
Final Fantasy X.

I can't say anything bad about it, seriously. While it wasn't the first game in the series I played, it was the 1st one I completed in its entirety. Graphics, story, characters, music, enemies you hate, side-quests: I loved them all. FFIX is a runner-up for me.

LozKing
06-13-2014, 02:13 PM
Landslide so far. I don't think I've seen a poll where the answer wasn't either 6,7,9 or 10.

Usually 6 or 7.

Ayen
06-13-2014, 07:59 PM
I'm surprised VI and IX hasn't gotten more votes, honestly.

metagloria
06-17-2014, 05:17 PM

Final Fantasy X.

Same here.

I'd be very interested to see a poll of Second Favorite Final Fantasy games.

Alive-Cat
06-17-2014, 05:46 PM
VII will never ever lose, it is superior to all things :greenie:

Carl the Llama
06-18-2014, 02:45 PM
VII will never ever lose, it is superior to all things :greenie:

Ayen
06-18-2014, 08:26 PM
VII will never ever lose, it are superior to all things :greenie:

Fixed.

StarCross1988
06-19-2014, 03:20 AM
X is one of the few that I can play over and over and never get tired of it. c:

Shiva95
06-20-2014, 04:29 PM
FFVI will always be the best for me! :)

Bright Shield
08-25-2014, 08:52 AM
IX all the way.

Taiga
09-30-2014, 05:50 PM
I voted for VII.
It's by far not my only favorite entry, but if I have to pick the favorite out of my favorites, it'll always be VII (probably - who knows what future FF entries will have to offer).

Freya
10-01-2014, 05:35 PM
IX OF COURSE.

DanielCLFFF13
11-02-2014, 06:26 PM
For me if for the sequel or series, I would vote Fabula Nova Crystallis.

But if only one allowed. I vote for Final Fantasy XIII.
Despite it's difference from the past Final Fantasy, like gameplay for some people, and story for other people.
But Final Fantasy XIII will always be my favourite Final Fantasy.
I have Final Fantasy VII Advent Childern for years. My mother said I have it when I'm on elementary school, but I don't even know it was one of the Final Fantasy franchise (is this the right word?) until I watched some Final Fantasy XIII trailer which was 2-3 years ago and join Eyes on Final Fantasy about a year ago.

Well if I count it right, now is 2014, so I don't know Final Fantasy VII Advent Childern was one of the Final Fantasy CG movie for about 9 years. But being a fan of Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy changed that.

I know Final Fantasy XIII-2 has much more better gameplay than Final Fantasy XIII. But if Square Enix didn't create Final Fantasy XIII there won't be Final Fantasy XIII-2 and Lightning Returns Final Fantasy XIII.

But this is my opinion :)

MoogleSky
11-09-2014, 06:00 PM
Gotta say X. The only downfall, in my opinion, to the game would be voice acting where I often cringed especially with Tidus and Yuna. Otherwise, the game often gives me nostalgia with it's soundtrack, absolutely love the music in the game. Graphics were decent considering it was released in the PS2 era and I was more than happy to throw my money at Square Enix when they released the HD Remaster of both X and X-2.

Though, out of the more recent releases, I'd have to say XIII-2 would be my favourite. Felt significantly better to play than it's predecessor; although still relatively linear in gameplay, at least there was the whole time travel concept that made it tolerable.

Naeles
12-14-2014, 06:43 AM
I love FFX and FFX-II,:heart: but FFVIII will always be my favorite!!!:omghey:

Galuf
01-07-2015, 11:28 PM
Final Fantasy IX for president

( nah but FFVII is 5th fav on my list beaten by iv then vi then v then IX)

Spooniest
01-10-2015, 09:52 PM
People who like Final Fantasy VI played Final Fantasy IV, and possibly Final Fantasy I.

People who like Final Fantasy VII watched a lot of TV.

Galuf
01-12-2015, 07:18 PM
People who like Final Fantasy VI played Final Fantasy IV, and possibly Final Fantasy I.

or if you like Vi and VII you play most of them lol

Carl the Llama
01-15-2015, 06:34 PM

VII is my favourite, but I have played I, II, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, X-2, XI, XII, XIII, XIII-2, LR:XIII and XIV.

I also do not watch much TV :p

Spooniest
01-15-2015, 06:40 PM

VII is my favourite, but I have played I, II, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, X-2, XI, XII, XIII, XIII-2, LR:XIII and XIV.

I also do not watch much TV :p

Well then you're the freak of the week lol

Egami
01-20-2015, 11:47 AM
Mine is VII

Saber
04-19-2015, 05:14 AM
Had to pick FFVII it got me into them all. So it's always going to be my fav.

Saber
04-21-2015, 10:06 PM
There is always a certain special title that hits the favorite list. What do you think it is?

FFIX Choco Boy
04-22-2015, 12:06 AM
XIII-2, but it's not on the list, neither is it really a spin off, so I voted for XIII.

Ayen
04-22-2015, 12:09 AM
Um... We have one of these already (http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread.php/156947-Favourite-Final-Fantasy).

Saber
04-22-2015, 12:56 AM
That thread is about a year old.

I picked VIII cause I relate with Squall and Seifer so much.
XIII-2 I have a lot of fun with. I have done max stat where Noel had a little over 1000 str and 1000 mag with proper weapon. I also enjoyed the DLC for that game.

Pumpkin
04-22-2015, 12:58 AM
IX!

Ayen
04-22-2015, 12:59 AM
FFX.

Vermachtnis
04-22-2015, 01:56 AM
V is the only one with a Pirate Ninja Princess. Also the main character's name is Butz.

Shauna
04-22-2015, 11:13 AM
The sticky thread is stickied so we can have continued use of this thread. :)

Richard
05-01-2015, 08:20 PM
I know its not the best. But my personal favorite is Final Fantasy X. Second being Final Fantasy 7, and 3rd being Final Fantasy 13.

FFIX Choco Boy
05-01-2015, 11:03 PM
I know its not the best. But my personal favorite is Final Fantasy X. Second being Final Fantasy 7, and 3rd being Final Fantasy 13.

I like you. You're alright. Not the greatest spread, but much more acceptable than some others. :colbert:

Baked Moogle 420
12-14-2015, 12:15 AM
VIII!

Fynn
12-14-2015, 02:16 PM
Tactics Advance is not on there. I am offend.

I have to vote XII now.

Zanmato
12-27-2015, 06:18 PM
FFX, obviously. :P

Rin Heartilly
02-05-2016, 05:23 PM
VIII <3 Like it wasn't already obvious :P

IX, VII, X and then VI for me.

Darth Cid
03-09-2016, 12:40 AM
FFIX forever and beyond!

I'm back btw.

Squall Leonhart Loire
12-06-2016, 11:16 PM
In my opinion, IX is the overall best in terms of the story but VIII will always be favorite because of my attachment to it and its world/characters.

FFNut
12-06-2016, 11:19 PM
Tatics is great for both story and challenge. It keeps getting better the older I get.

Sephiroth
12-13-2016, 08:13 AM
Update:

I. Compilation of Final Fantasy VII
II. Fabula Nova Crystallis: Final Fantasy XIII Trilogy
III. Final Fantasy VI & IX
IV. Final Fantasy X Duo
V. Final Fantasy VIII & XV
VI. Final Fantasy IV Duo
VII. Ivalice Alliance
VIII. Final Fantasy V
IX. Final Fantasy III
X. Final Fantasy
XI. Final Fantasy II

Scruffington
12-13-2016, 04:20 PM
Shoutouts to the two brave souls who voted for XIII. I haven't beaten every Final Fantasy, but currently it's in my top 3.

VII is #1, though.

Fynn
12-13-2016, 04:27 PM
Shoutouts to the two brave souls who voted for XIII. I haven't beaten every Final Fantasy, but currently it's in my top 3.

VII is #1, though.

FFVII with it's massively lackluster, poorly written disc 2? :p

Scruffington
12-13-2016, 04:45 PM

VII is #1, though.

FFVII with it's massively lackluster, poorly written disc 2? :p
I'd say pretty much everything about Disc 2 was incredible. The narrative flows quite nicely, picking up seamlessly from the end of Disc 1 and wraps up just about everything by the end of Disc 2 save for the main antagonist. It manages to introduce new villains (WEAPONs) while also resolving the story arcs of past villains like Shinra and Hojo. By the end of the disc, only the real threat remains.

Disc 2 of VII is probably as excellent of a "middle act" as gaming has ever seen.

Fynn
12-13-2016, 04:47 PM
You mean the slog through Great Glacier with the completely out of place snowboarding minigame (Aerith's dead, so can we go snowboarding now?) and then the entire disc consisting of you stealing Huge Materia from Shinra even though they could have actually stopped meteor this way? And then the entire party being disappointed that the rocket didn't blow up meteor even though it was them that sabotaged the rocket in the first place?!

Pumpkin
12-13-2016, 04:49 PM
Disc 2 was my favourite part of FFVII :shobon:

The black materia thing was uber dumb though

Fynn
12-13-2016, 04:50 PM
Jesus, Pumpkin. It's like you're doing this on purpose! :p

Pumpkin
12-13-2016, 04:55 PM
WELL I'M SORRY WE'RE DIFFERENT PEOPLE WITH DIFFERENT OPINIONS ON STUFF

Fynn
12-13-2016, 04:58 PM
I REFUSE TO ACCEPT IT!!!

Scruffington
12-13-2016, 05:07 PM
You mean the slog through Great Glacier with the completely out of place snowboarding minigame (Aerith's dead, so can we go snowboarding now?) and then the entire disc consisting of you stealing Huge Materia from Shinra even though they could have actually stopped meteor this way? And then the entire party being disappointed that the rocket didn't blow up meteor even though it was them that sabotaged the rocket in the first place?!

The entire party reflected on her death at the end of Disc 1. They resolved to continue on with their journey. It's not like they immediately went snowboarding the instant Aerith died. The game had a clear transition. I also thought the Great Glacier was an incredibly well-done section. Scaling up a giant mountain, fighting enemies for over an hour, only to get to the top and lose both your leader (Cloud) and the Black Materia at the end.

The party stops Shinra from getting the Huge Materia because they are still an antagonist. And they have confidence in themselves to stop both Sephiroth in Meteor without Shinra's help. Even if you fail in collecting any of the Huge Materia, Shinra's rocket fails regardless.

It's natural that they would be disappointed about the rocket failing to destroy Meteor. Even though Shinra is their enemy, Meteor's destruction is a mutual goal for them.

Fox
12-13-2016, 05:16 PM
I believe the criticism regarding the huge materia plot is that it's mainly just padding. You go to all this trouble to collect the huge materia and what do you do with it? You keep it locked up in Bugenhagen's planetarium. You can't even get any useful materia out of it unless you have fulfilled certain objectives.

In short; huge materia is a cool set of side quests that has been inexplicably dragged into the main quest. So I find it hard to disagree with that one, plot-wise it's completely unimportant.

Scruffington
12-13-2016, 05:22 PM
I believe the criticism regarding the huge materia plot is that it's mainly just padding. You go to all this trouble to collect the huge materia and what do you do with it? You keep it locked up in Bugenhagen's planetarium. You can't even get any useful materia out of it unless you have fulfilled certain objectives.

In short; huge materia is a cool set of side quests that has been inexplicably dragged into the main quest. So I find it hard to disagree with that one, plot-wise it's completely unimportant.

Denying Shinra from achieving one of their primary objectives isn't really padding. Especially considering collecting them is directly tied to their plan to destroy Meteor.

Fynn
12-13-2016, 05:23 PM

The entire party reflected on her death at the end of Disc 1. They resolved to continue on with their journey. It's not like they immediately went snowboarding the instant Aerith died. The game had a clear transition. I also thought the Great Glacier was an incredibly well-done section. Scaling up a giant mountain, fighting enemies for over an hour, only to get to the top and lose both your leader (Cloud) and the Black Materia at the end.

The party stops Shinra from getting the Huge Materia because they are still an antagonist. And they have confidence in themselves to stop both Sephiroth in Meteor without Shinra's help. Even if you fail in collecting any of the Huge Materia, Shinra's rocket fails regardless.

It's natural that they would be disappointed about the rocket failing to destroy Meteor. Even though Shinra is their enemy, Meteor's destruction is a mutual goal for them.

Except the only reason Shinra is the antagonist is that the game says so - they are literally trying to save the world and you are stopping them. Because you think you can do it better. Even though they have a plan and resources and you have neither.

And no, they don't contemplate it at all. They just give her a send-off and then the game goes to being about Cloud. The last thing Cloud says at the end of the disc is that he wants the others to stop him should anything happen. No mention of Aerith. There is no grief. And the next time she's mentioned is at the end of disc 2 where what she did actually becomes important to the plot. She remains completely forgotten until then.

Trust me. I literally beat this game like a couple days ago :p

Fox
12-13-2016, 05:25 PM

Denying Shinra from achieving one of their primary objectives isn't really padding. Especially considering collecting them is directly tied to their plan to destroy Meteor.

Well, I guess you could look at it that way but then it doesn't really make much sense.

"We need to stop Shinra from using the huge materia to destroy meteor!"
"Yes! ...Why though? Are we going to use it instead?"
"No, but I'll be darned if I let them have the glory!"

Fynn
12-13-2016, 05:40 PM

Don't forget:

"Oh no! I can't believe that mission we just sabotaged failed!"

Scruffington
12-13-2016, 05:48 PM
Except the only reason Shinra is the antagonist is that the game says so - they are literally trying to save the world and you are stopping them. Because you think you can do it better. Even though they have a plan and resources and you have neither.

And no, they don't contemplate it at all. They just give her a send-off and then the game goes to being about Cloud. The last thing Cloud says at the end of the disc is that he wants the others to stop him should anything happen. No mention of Aerith. There is no grief. And the next time she's mentioned is at the end of disc 2 where what she did actually becomes important to the plot. She remains completely forgotten until then.

Trust me. I literally beat this game like a couple days ago :p

Shinra is an antagonist from the start of the game. The literal opening scene of the game has you blowing up one of their Mako Reactors because it is sucking the Lifestream out of the planet, and ultimately killing it. They are a clear villain from the outset.

Just because they're trying to destroy Meteor doesn't make them good. The Huge Materia are still a great source of power in Gaia. It's not really wise to let an enemy accrue so much power, even for a good goal, because they have proven themselves to be evil and untrustworthy. Besides, even when they load all the Huge Materia into the rocket and shoot it at Meteor, it doesn't work. Not only is the planet still screwed, but it has no more Huge Materia left in it. It's a lose-lose situation.

They do contemplate it. The entire scene where they let Aerith flow into the water is them contemplating her life. And Cloud's resolve to see the journey through to the end is a direct result of Aerith's death. Even though he doesn't explicitly state it, it's pretty clear that he came to his resolution after reflecting on how she died. He needed to end things with Sephiroth not just for himself, but Aerith too.

Well, I guess you could look at it that way but then it doesn't really make much sense.

The game does reward you with some degree of power with the Bahamut ZERO materia. And three MASTER Materias. So you do use it.

Fynn
12-13-2016, 06:00 PM
But what's the point of stopping the evil empire when meteor will destroy everything and you don't have any plan to do anything about it? Honestly, the squabble with Shinra can wait. We can go back to overthrowing fossil freaks after the impending apocalypse is dealt with!

That's the thing - the party is wasting their energy on stopping someone who is actively trying to avert a real crisis for everyone on earth. It really doesn't matter that they're using huge material, since they're only using it to save everyone. They could have all easily dismantled Shinra after the fact! Thwarting their plans when those plans involve saving the world just because "they're villains" makes no sense and was really frustrating, tbh.

This is all the more glaring in the end because they don't save the world through their actual efforts - from their perspective it was almost an accident because they didn't know going into the crater that beating Sephiroth would release Holy. It was more like "well, I guess we're all doomed, but we can try and beat Sephoroth and maybe then we'all get an idea or two! So much better than actually allowing people with the capacity to do so try to physically destroy meteor!"

And don't get me wrong - I still really like FFVII and think it's a good game. But if it came out today, it would be torn to shreds for the nonsense that happens on disc 2.

Scruffington
12-13-2016, 06:18 PM
But what's the point of stopping the evil empire when meteor will destroy everything and you don't have any plan to do anything about it? Honestly, the squabble with Shinra can wait. We can go back to overthrowing fossil freaks after the impending apocalypse is dealt with!

That's the thing - the party is wasting their energy on stopping someone who is actively trying to avert a real crisis for everyone on earth. It really doesn't matter that they're using huge material, since they're only using it to save everyone. They could have all easily dismantled Shinra after the fact! Thwarting their plans when those plans involve saving the world just because "they're villains" makes no sense and was really frustrating, tbh.

Cloud literally states their purpose for collecting the Huge Materia: "Hey, Cid! What're you doing!? There are generations of knowledge and wisdom inside the Materia. We're gonna borrow their powers and save the planet from Sephiroth. There's no way that we can lose the Huge Materia. You understand that, right?"

The recurring theme of the game is that the planet, Gaia, is alive. Bugenhagen lets you listen to the cries of the planet from the voices of the lifestream. It's dying as a result of Shinra's actions. They're sucking the lifestream out of the planet and killing it. Since Meteor is about to crash into Gaia, the planet needs all of the strength it can muster. And wasting Huge Materia, which are VAST amounts of knowledge and life, would be detrimental towards the planet being able to protect itself. Not only would wasting the Huge Materia limit Gaia's defenses, but it also might make the planet unwilling to allow the humans to live after carelessly destroying such important resources. That's why stopping Shinra is important, because you want to protect the planet from them so it can defend itself against Meteor. And it's also the only thing you can do right now, because Sephiroth is inaccessible in the Northern Crater.

Shinra doesn't see the Huge Materia as anything but a disposable explosive device. Much like their use of Mako Reactors, they don't care about Gaia's resources. Your party does. That's why you have to stop them.

Fynn
12-13-2016, 06:40 PM
Oh, I know what they were trying to say. I just completely disagree, considering the planet was in immediate danger. In such circumstances, some things really do need to take priority, because if it wasn't for what was basically a stroke of luck for the party, there would soon be no planet or knowledge of the Ancients to protect. And considering they really didn't have anybalteranative plan, in my eyes it just comes across as contrived and stupid

Sephiroth
12-13-2016, 06:55 PM
That you completely disagree does not make it a plothole. It is just you disagreeing with the game and that's it. The party already harms the planet enough with their own Materia. Making use of a Huge Materia, a manifest of even greater collective of Cetra's knowledge and legacy of the planet for something that by the way might not even work because it was Sephiroth's mere power who controlled Meteor and held back Holy is completely idiotic.

Fynn
12-13-2016, 07:00 PM
Notice that I never used the term "plot hole", though ;)

It's contrived, but it's not a plot hole. It's frustrating reasoning and I think it could've been done way better, but the plot doesn't fall apart because of it.

Sephiroth
12-13-2016, 07:03 PM
Notice that I never used the term "plot hole", though ;)

It's contrived, but it's not a plot hole. It's frustrating reasoning and I think it could've been done way better, but the plot doesn't fall apart because of it.

Worst: Final Fantasy VII - while a good game, I was surprised with how bad the second disc was as I replayed it recently. It's one half pointless padding, one part insane plothole. It's gloriously broken beyond repair.

Fynn
12-13-2016, 07:05 PM
Hey, that's another thread - it doesn't count :p

Scruffington
12-13-2016, 07:08 PM
Oh, I know what they were trying to say. I just completely disagree, considering the planet was in immediate danger. In such circumstances, some things really do need to take priority, because if it wasn't for what was basically a stroke of luck for the party, there would soon be no planet or knowledge of the Ancients to protect. And considering they really didn't have anybalteranative plan, in my eyes it just comes across as contrived and stupid

They had a choice to either let Shinra take the Huge Materia and use it all in an attempt to destroy Meteor (which wasn't a surefire success), or keep it out of their hands and protect the planet's resources, hoping that when it came time for the Meteor to destroy Gaia it would protect itself. Their actions are consistent with the events of the game in protecting the planet.

Fynn
12-13-2016, 07:15 PM

They had a choice to either let Shinra take the Huge Materia and use it all in an attempt to destroy Meteor (which wasn't a surefire success), or keep it out of their hands and protect the planet's resources, hoping that when it came time for the Meteor to destroy Gaia it would protect itself. Their actions are consistent with the events of the game in protecting the planet.

"Let's stop NASA from trying to destroy that world-threatening asteroid and pray everything fixes itself."

Sephiroth
12-13-2016, 07:16 PM
"Let's stop NASA from trying to destroy that world-threatening asteroid and pray everything fixes itself."

That is exactly what they did in the end. They said the planet has to decide what it wants to do while watching Meteor almost destroying Midgar. Then it stopped Meteor. With the help of Aerith Wan Kenobi, naturally.

Fynn
12-13-2016, 07:20 PM
Yup. And once you acknowledge that it's a matter of personal opinion whether you agree with it or not. For me, this stance is completely illogical. But that's just me.

Sephiroth
12-13-2016, 07:22 PM
Yup. And once you acknowledge that it's a matter of personal opinion whether you agree with it or not. For me, this stance is completely illogical. But that's just me.

If it is just that, okay. I still do not get how you can call it a plothole. Whether that was in another thread or not does not matter. It was you nonetheless. I might not "work for your logical priorities", if anything.

Fynn
12-13-2016, 07:23 PM
(It was a shorthand for my long-winded argument, okay? :p)

Sephiroth
12-13-2016, 07:26 PM
(It was a shorthand for my long-winded argument, okay? :p)

Then please rephrase it or else I'll explode.

Here, you get that, I bought it yesterday. Outside of FFXV.

http://www.bilder-upload.eu/upload/5bd45f-1481656740.png