PDA

View Full Version : Ok wait a minute.

Spooniest
06-02-2014, 08:51 AM
I just got done with the Garden battle at the end of Disc 2, and I'm entering Galbadia Garden to fight the Sorceress.

Rinoa, who, by all accounts, is a limp-wristed 98-lb weakling, HOLDS ON TO A ROCK LEDGE FOR GOD KNOWS HOW LONG while you:

1) Go back to the bridge
2) Make a speech (!)
3) Argue with your friends about saving her
4) Help out a kid named Mark
and
5) Fight a dude on a flying mech.

This seems waaaay implausible to me. She shoulda fell and got ground into hamburger by then.

How did...what the...huh?

Yellow_Magic
06-02-2014, 08:53 AM
Simple.

Rinoa's a freaking badass.

Just like every other playable character, really. :3

Ayen
06-02-2014, 08:58 AM
CLIFF HANGER! HANGING FROM A CLIFF!

And that's why she's called cliff hanger.

Seriously though, I was just like, "Hello, girl seconds away from death, let's get a move on here."

Wolf Kanno
06-02-2014, 10:10 AM
She is secretly a total badass who scared all the boys away with her massive strength so she only pretended to be a damsel in distress. Likewise, Squall took his sweet time cause he pretended he cared.

Jiro
06-03-2014, 10:29 AM
Suspension of disbelief. It's hard, though. That's a really weird section. Awesome though.

maybee
06-03-2014, 10:32 AM

... Sometimes I wonder if I just like Final Fantasy VIII for the drawing, junction system and collecting magic and weapons....

Alive-Cat
06-04-2014, 07:13 PM
Ultimate anxiety. I knew it was a game; I knew she couldn't fall. But I tried to be so quick, I couldn't bare the thought of her falling. :nonono:

McLovin'
06-07-2014, 09:49 PM
Well if you were hanging off a cliff maybe you'd also use your legs to grip onto the rocks below? That would significantly take off the stress from your arms and just have you stuck on the side of a cliff rather than hanging off it with just your hands.4

http://www.heartilly.com/rinoa/images/rescue1.jpg

See her legs? She's gripping on, man. Girl squats.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
06-18-2014, 03:46 AM
Suspends disbelief for guardian forces, flying Gardens and magic.

Has to double take at a girl hanging on a cliff.

Spooniest
06-18-2014, 03:48 AM
Suspends disbelief for guardian forces, flying Gardens and magic.

Has to double take at a girl hanging on a cliff.

It's not just that she's a girl.

It's that she's a girl with arms the size of toothpicks.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
06-18-2014, 03:54 AM
Neither gender nor relative size were the points I was trying to get at.

Christmas
06-18-2014, 05:02 AM
Well if you were hanging off a cliff maybe you'd also use your legs to grip onto the rocks below? That would significantly take off the stress from your arms and just have you stuck on the side of a cliff rather than hanging off it with just your hands.4

I thought she was banging the rocks. Gotto be the reason why she lasted so long. :bigsmile:

Foo
06-21-2014, 03:01 AM

Rin Heartilly
10-07-2014, 08:23 AM
The power of love and friendship gave her immense physical strength duuuhhh

Seriously, *insert random FF main hero* would have been smooshed without the power of love and friendship, cos FF.

Night Fury
10-07-2014, 08:40 AM
She definitely has strong arms because she supports the weight of her dog when she fires her from her arms. Just sayin'

Lone Wolf Leonhart
10-07-2014, 09:08 AM
She definitely has strong arms because she supports the weight of her dog when she fires her from her arms. Just sayin'

Can't argue with that :grover:

Naeles
12-14-2014, 08:34 AM
Lol:D I actually got several game overs on my way trying to save her, so by about the 8th one I just kinda leveled up and took my time, and hoped she would fall....:roll2
Mostly just cuz I wanted to see what would happen if she did.....mostly.;)