PDA

View Full Version : Hangovers

Jess
06-02-2014, 07:55 PM
After the ciddies, I'm sure there would have been a few hangovers around the next day! I'm looking at you, Jinx. :jess:

If you drink, do you suffer with hangovers? Bad ones or ones that last an hour? Are you one of the lucky ones who can drink as much as they like and feel as fresh as a daisy the next day? Do you have any hangover cures?

When I was younger, I didn't get hangovers. Now, that has all changed! My hangovers last all day. :( I don't get a headache, I just feel all wobbly and horrible! For that reason, I only get drunk once every couple of months now because I just can't handle the aftermath! :jess:

The only cure is time. Sleep, drink and eats. I force myself to eat, I drink lots of water and sprite. And I sleep, a lot. But no matter what I do, I won't feel completely normal until the following day!

Colonel Angus
06-02-2014, 08:01 PM
When you drink, pace yourself. For every few drinks, have some water or really anything w/o booze in it.

I never had a hangover. Even when I get a buzz, it goes away after an hour or two.

Shauna
06-02-2014, 08:10 PM
Depends how much I drink, and very much what I drink. These days I don't drink often, but when I do, I drink hard (it's not an intentional thing, I don't drink to get drunk, I just enjoy it!). So I tend to end up with day long lies in bed. xD

ScottNUMBERS
06-02-2014, 08:14 PM
I used to be fine when I was 18, now I get fatigue, remorse, dizziness, sickness and a headache. It's like I'm progressing through life collecting extra symptoms to add to my hangover as I go.

Shorty
06-02-2014, 08:15 PM
I've squealed the brakes on my drinking massively in past year or two. I rarely drink enough to warrant a hangover, but even so, with how little my tolerance has grown I almost always wake up to atleast a minor headache when I do. :( It goes away quickly, though, and I don't consider that to be an actual hangover.

I can't remember the last time I had a hangover of note. I've learned my body's tolerances and don't drink so much that it fucks me up the next day. Combine that with chugging lots of water and having a piece of bread before I go to sleep after drinking saves me from unpleasantness the next morning.

Shiny
06-02-2014, 08:16 PM
Never had one. My goal when I drink is to drink enough to feel a buzz and get a bit goofy, not to blackout, vomit, and regret all my life decisions the day after.

Formalhaut
06-02-2014, 08:45 PM
I rarely drink, and when I do, I've never been tipsy or buzzed, let alone drunk!

I'd like to know what sort of drunk I'd be though. Call it curiosity.

escobert
06-02-2014, 09:23 PM
I don't really drink much anymore. Probably been close to 10 months since I've had any alcohol to drink. But, when I do it tends to depend on what I've had to eat and how much water I consume.

noxious.sunshine
06-02-2014, 09:31 PM
I don't really get hangovers, I just wind up being massively tired the next day.

If I'm really feeling like shit, though, I'll have a couple of beers or a bloody mary and drink water.

Alive-Cat
06-02-2014, 10:46 PM
As a drink lover, I'm familiar with hangovers. These days I'm pretty good with controlling my drink intake to control the type of hangover I have the next day.

Never more than a mild headache these days! Easily cured by liquid and food. Unless I smash it

Pumpkin
06-02-2014, 11:05 PM
Never had a hangover. I do tend to drink a lot of other beverages (non-alcoholic) with my alcohol because I don't like the taste of alcohol

Lonely Paper Star
06-02-2014, 11:12 PM
I rarely get hangovers; I can still count the number of times I've had one on one hand. In fact, I hardly ever actually throw up from having too much alcohol.

But today I did sort of feel nauseated and had a mild headache after drinking last night, but nothing that terrible.

NeoCracker
06-02-2014, 11:16 PM
My drinking is strange it seems. For starters it kicks my insomnia into gear, so I don't sleep much after a lot of drinking. I am told this is strange.

And I've only once gotten a hangover. Not from downing a bottle of Jack Daniels in just over an hour during a day I'd barely eaten, but the one time I had moonshine. Only time I've had an actual hangover.

I'm normally really tired the next day, but that's cause I generally, at best, get two hours of sleep. :p

Freya
06-03-2014, 05:16 AM
It depends on what I drink. If I drink wine, semi sweets really, I'm fine after getting super drunk.

Vodka is similar if I JUST stick to it.

It's when I mix things that I get bad. If I drink a lot of water while I drink then i'm fine but then I also have to potty a lot and that's less fun.

Kalevala
06-03-2014, 07:17 AM
I only get hungover after I drink wine or black rum. Even if I mix drinks I'm fine. I might get sick the night of, but I'm always fine the morning after.

The first time I drank Kraken I woke up the next morning feeling fine.

"How are you doing, bud?" one of my room-mates asked as he crept into my room.

"I feel great! I'm sur-"

This is when I realized that, upon moving my body in any way, I was immediately afflicted with some of the most intense pain and sickness I had ever felt in my life.

I spent the next few hours laying completely still in bed.

Jiro
06-03-2014, 07:55 AM
Don't get hangovers, but don't drink much any more. Still got a youthful body for the most part so on the odd big night I wake up fine.