PDA

View Full Version : ROAST DINNERS

Jess
06-02-2014, 08:07 PM
Discuss the glorious meal that is a roast dinner.

Do you like them? (the only answer is yes)

Which is your favourite? Do you have a Sunday roast every week?

I like all roast dinners, except beef (I'm not a huge fan of beef). Pork and lamb are my favourites.

I break all the rules by having Yorkshire puddings with all roast dinners, not just beef! :cool:

Asparagus, stuffing balls, roast potatoes and all the rest. Mmmm! :jess:

I don't have one every Sunday, but I do every few weeks.

Shorty
06-02-2014, 08:09 PM
I had roast last night! Every Sunday! Sunday is roast time. It is my favorite family meal.

Roast beef stewing in gravy for hours an hours, mashed potatoes, more gravy, sweet corn, roasted onions and carrots, potato rolls and butter. Give it to me!

Shauna
06-02-2014, 08:22 PM
I like a good Sunday roast. :D Ham or turkey is usually my thing. Roast potatoes, yorkshire puddings, SO MANY VEGETABLES... yum. :D

Parker
06-02-2014, 08:32 PM
I cannot get enough of roasted meats and veggies and omg...yorkshire puddings

noxious.sunshine
06-02-2014, 09:28 PM
I love roast beef. We just do it up simple with carrots and potatoes and salt and pepper. And prime rib.

And roasted chicken stuffed with garlic, lemons, rosemary, & thyme.. nom nom. Or with a herb crust stuffed under the skin.

Kalevala
06-03-2014, 07:09 AM
I don't really have much use for roasts since I turned vegetarian. Honestly though, I was never a big fan of them to begin with.

They weren't a regular thing at home. We would only have them during the holidays or whenever dad had a craving.

Quindiana Jones
06-05-2014, 08:56 AM
There is absolutely no excuse for anyone in England to not visit the Brent Carvery. Climb up Brent Knoll, enjoy lovely Somerset scenery (which is basically flatflatflatflatflatflatflatflatHILLflatflatHILLflatflatflatflatflatflat...) and then head down to the carvery at the base. Honestly the best roast dinner in the world.

Calliope
06-05-2014, 01:12 PM
Roast! Potatoes, pumpkin and kumara, onions, asparagus, cauliflower, beetroot and carrots, served with peas, gravy and stuffing - there is absolutely no reason for herbivores to go without roast, dammit.

Alive-Cat
06-11-2014, 05:27 PM
I guess I'm not a big thing of repetition, because after having roast dinner every single god damn sunday for eighteen years of my life I was absolutely sick to death of them. Since going veggie one of the best things in my life is I never have to eat one again!

MissH
08-01-2014, 06:18 PM
Yorkshire puddings are immense. I would quite happily eat yorkshire puds with all of my meals!

Araciel
08-02-2014, 12:04 AM
roast and yorkshires and gravy and mash and veg

Formalhaut
08-02-2014, 12:15 AM
Yorkshire puddings are immense. I would quite happily eat yorkshire puds with all of my meals!

Oh my goodness, yes. I love Yorkshire puddings. I also like my gravy quite thick, and I also love pigs in blankets as well, that universally accompany 'important' roasts, like Christmas and dinner. I could eat them all day. I love broccoli too, to mop up the gravy.

I love them so much because I really don't have them often. Only like Christmas, Easter... that's honestly about it.

Quindiana Jones
08-02-2014, 04:59 AM
Just started actually salivating over the thought of Yorkshire pudding with gravy in it. :drool:

Bubba
08-02-2014, 02:36 PM
Of course I love roast dinners. Anyone who doesn't is mental.

The best one I had was in a bar/restaurant in Chorlton, South Manchester. You had a roast with all the trimmings and the whole things was served in a giant yorkshire pudding... you know you want this.

fire_of_avalon
08-02-2014, 05:51 PM
I don't make roasts until cooler weather comes along... But with the weather here the last few weeks I may as well get started on all those warm autumn and winter meals.

Tell me about Yorkshire pudding. I have never had it.

Quindiana Jones
08-02-2014, 05:55 PM
I have absolutely no idea how to describe a Yorkshire pudding. O_O

MissH
08-02-2014, 06:28 PM
I have absolutely no idea how to describe a Yorkshire pudding. O_O

It's a little piece of heaven :love:

fire_of_avalon
08-03-2014, 03:49 AM
What is the consistency like? To my ears, pudding means very soft, nearly liquid, and clearly Yorkshire pudding is... Not that

Quindiana Jones
08-03-2014, 04:53 AM
Crispy on the outside, very airy and fluffy inside. But when you add gravy, it absorbs it like a beast and becomes all gravy-sodden. :D

Jess
08-03-2014, 10:21 AM
Yorkshire puddings are made from a batter of eggs, flour and milk. Baked in the oven. The best part of a roast dinner.

http://i61.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/x25pwm.jpg