PDA

View Full Version : I finally saw the Persona 3 movie.

Bright Shield
06-02-2014, 08:15 PM
In short: it was great. One of the best video game adaptations ever. Waaaay better than the P4 anime(and P4 is my favorite game). Unlike the P4 anime, the fights are actually decent in this. It also sticks to the story more, and doesn't feel rushed or toned down.

On a side note: I love what they did with the main character. Makoto actually gets great character development in the movie. Thus, I prefer him to his game counter part.

Persona was always going to be hard to adapt into an anime, but P3 seems to have hit a sweet spot. Can't wait for the sequel. Hopefully, the P4: Golden anime is done more like this.

Jiro
06-03-2014, 07:32 AM
I should probably give it a watch. I really, really, really liked the P4 anime. I didn't care about the quality of fight scenes 'cause I found the character interactions were significantly more important to me and they were masterfully done. Yu Narukami was excellent as a Cloudcuckoolander.

Bright Shield
06-04-2014, 03:08 PM
One of the things that's way better about the P3 anime is that Makoto isn't godly powerful in comparison to the others. He's still the best, but the others all help in battle. I hated how Yu owned every thing in the P4 anime, while the others helplessly looked on.

Wolf Kanno
06-07-2014, 07:47 PM
I really want to watch this and I am still bummed about how this film is being brought over (way overpriced, subtitle only) but hopefully if I hang in there long enough I'll get a better deal with this. P3 is my favorite of the Persona games.

Also...

Bright Shield
06-09-2014, 09:38 PM
It's easy to find online streams of the movie. So you don't have to pay at all. :)

Wolf Kanno
06-09-2014, 10:42 PM
Yeah, but I want to own it.

Bright Shield
06-10-2014, 05:18 AM
You could always watch it now, and buy a copy after the price drops. You can import the region free subbed version as well. I think it's around $15 on ebay.

Wolf Kanno
06-10-2014, 05:21 AM
I'll watch it sooner or later, I'm still holding out for the series to get a proper English Dub cause I want to watch the humor of Yuri Lowethal trying to voice three different characters in the script. :D

Jiro
06-10-2014, 12:50 PM
That's a big character billing! :ffvisexy:

Skyblade
06-10-2014, 01:27 PM
I'll watch it sooner or later, I'm still holding out for the series to get a proper English Dub cause I want to watch the humor of Yuri Lowethal trying to voice three different characters in the script. :D

Well, it makes sense. I mean, Pharos and Ryoji are, in a way, parts of the Protagonist. In fact, one could argue that they gain their humanity by being expressed through the Protagonist. So of course they'd share his voice.

I really want a dub too, so I had to buy it to make them think it would sell. Unfortunately, I don't think Persona 4 The Animation did well enough over here for them to want to put that translation effort in again. :(