PDA

View Full Version : Random RPG Replay Urges

Freya
06-03-2014, 02:37 AM
I get it a lot. I'll be sitting at work and just think "I really want to play _____" Then soon it's gone and get back to whatever I'm doing.

Usually it's FFIX.

I think it's because RPGs are so time consuming that they leave a impact on me from dedicating so much time to them.

Am I the only one who does this?

Ayen
06-03-2014, 02:40 AM
I get random urges to play the first Final Fantasy game all the time. One of these days I'll give in.

Scotty_ffgamer
06-03-2014, 05:43 AM
I get random urges to play FFVIII, Xenosaga, and Kingdom Hearts all the time. They were such a big part of my childhood, though, so it makes sense.

Pike
06-03-2014, 10:19 AM
This happens to me a lot, not just with RPGs though. Usually something reminds me that SMAC or Morrowind exists and then I want to replay them. Occasionally FF (usually FFX or some older FF) or Pokemon or something.

The only reason I don't often act on these game-related urges is because I have other games I'm in the middle of playing or writing I should be doing or whatever.

Jiro
06-03-2014, 10:37 AM
This is pretty much my life. "Oh I want to play this game again." I've already played it a million times how about something new SMURF

metagloria
06-03-2014, 12:40 PM
This is basically my life - moving from one RPG urge to the next. And I love replaying old games because they're free!​ Anytime I can procrastinate spending money on something new, that's awesome.

Depression Moon
06-04-2014, 12:33 AM
I do all the time then I look at my wallet and say nope

Formalhaut
06-04-2014, 12:36 AM
Oh, all the time. I routinely change my current game that I'm playing - sometimes every month.

It means I don't really complete games all that often!

Wolf Kanno
06-04-2014, 02:08 AM
All the freaking time, which is why my backlog is so big cause I keep getting sidetracked by playing older games. :wcanoe:

Pete for President
06-04-2014, 01:45 PM
It always bounces between Dark Souls, FFX and Vagrant Story. Dark Souls 2 will probably be added to the list soon too.

Quindiana Jones
06-04-2014, 01:51 PM
Vagrant Story is on PSN. Should I buy it?

Wolf Kanno
06-04-2014, 11:40 PM

Yes :wcanoe:

Pete for President
06-05-2014, 01:29 AM

Yes :wcanoe:

Seconded!

Freya
06-05-2014, 03:10 AM
I don't have Dark Souls urges.

I haven't played dark souls yet.

are you guys going to shun me

Quindiana Jones
06-05-2014, 05:04 AM
Yes.

Now get out. :|

Colonel Angus
06-05-2014, 06:00 AM
I finally played FFVIII after forever, & man, I forgot how great this game was!:love:

Ayen
06-05-2014, 11:59 AM

No. Now keep not playing Dark Souls, Freya.

Pumpkin
06-05-2014, 12:50 PM
I get the urge to replay any RPG I've played and liked

Elite Lord Sigma
06-06-2014, 04:21 AM
I periodically want to replay Skies of Arcadia: Legends, but my copy has disappeared into the ether without a trace.

Wolf Kanno
06-06-2014, 05:43 AM
I periodically want to replay Skies of Arcadia: Legends, but my copy has disappeared into the ether without a trace.

I still need to finish that game, though I guess it has been so long I should probably start over which is fine by me cause what I played was fun.

black orb
06-06-2014, 09:22 AM
>>> The old FF games, FF1 to FF5 and Mystic quest..
I always remember how much I was into those games, I didnt care about anything else.. Good times..:luca:

Bolivar
06-06-2014, 05:47 PM
I actually got the urge to play FFVII on the train in but I forgot to put my latest save on my Vita! Very frustrating....

LozKing
06-13-2014, 07:12 PM
Yep. It's a toss up between FF9, Chrono Cross and Skies of Arcadia. The 3 feel-good RPGs that spring to mind.

LozKing
06-13-2014, 07:13 PM

I got hold of a copy earlier this year. It's such an improvement over the Dreamcast. That encounter rate was killing me.

Sephex
06-19-2014, 06:14 AM
I do this, start up a game, don't finish it because of some new game, and then I am pissed off at myself.

Mercen-X
06-26-2014, 01:02 AM
Guardian's Crusade, if only because I don't really remember the story.
Crystalis... because... well, Crystalis.
Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy II, Final Fantasy III, Final Fantasy IV, Final Fantasy V, Final Fantasy VI... because I've never beaten any of these.
Star Wars The Old Republic (don't know if this really counts as an RPG), I haven't been able to play since I had to purge my laptop... of course, I probably wouldn't "replay" it unless I had to (i.e. my account is deleted... I don't know how long an unused account is kept on file).
Sword Quest, a facebook game with RPG elements that's mostly a sword card game. The last time I played, the game had been through so many changes, many of which were influenced by requests placed at the Sword Quest Wiki.

Those are the only ones I get random urges toward.

Otherwise, I just list every RPG I could think of (at least of those available for PlayStation, PS2, XBOX, Wii, DS, GBA, and for which I still need a new screen)

Araciel
06-26-2014, 07:48 PM
Just bought Dragon Age Origins on Steamsale.. gonna kill hit hard. Almost a different game on pc though :D

Christmas
01-27-2023, 11:46 AM

Elden Ring is the shit now!

Quindiana Jones
01-27-2023, 02:20 PM

Yes.

Came here to post this. Delighted to see I had already attended to my duties.

Wolf Kanno
01-27-2023, 06:06 PM

Yes.

Came here to post this. Delighted to see I had already attended to my duties.

Yes http://home.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/wcanoe.gif

Seconded!

No, this is the answer I'm seeking Quintypoo :praisethesun: