PDA

View Full Version : where did it go. where did it go. where did it go. The Thread by me

Alive-Cat
06-03-2014, 11:45 PM
EoFF, what is the most expensive thing you have ever lost? What is the most sentimental thing you have ever lost? Have you ever lost a single thing in your life, do you have an unsullied record of never losing anything? Do you lose everything, so much so that you feel sick and angry at yourself and like you don't have a place in the world? You do man don't worry, it happens to everyone.
I lost an iPhone 5C about a month or so ago. I was walking home one night and it must have come out of my pocket. I never found it. I hadn't insured it, I don't insure things! Long that.

Do you think there's a place where socks go? Where do socks go?

And finally, for your viewing pleasure, we have a 45 minute documentary on Atlantis; 'the lost world'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pj2tVBHbv4

The ultimate lost thing of all time.

Colonel Angus
06-03-2014, 11:49 PM
For a while I "lost" all my PSX games. I have them in 2 CD holders & for the longest time for months I couldn't find them. When I finally found them in a basket under blankets & stuff, I almost cried.

Pike
06-03-2014, 11:51 PM
I lost a boatload of Nintendo DS games about four years ago and to this day I haven't the faintest clue where they are. :crying:

(I should point out that I have moved three times between then and now and packed and unpacked (most of) my possessions and have yet to find them)

Lone Wolf Leonhart
06-04-2014, 05:12 AM
I remember previously posting on the forum that I had lost a few magazines with Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts as the front cover/main articles. Issues of Electronic Gaming Monthly, U.S. PlayStation Magazine etc

I found the binder they were in yesterday :smug:

As it turns out, not all lost things end up at the garbage mountain next to the Grinch's house.

Pumpkin
06-04-2014, 05:13 AM
I "lost" all of my photo albums with pictures of my brother in them. By lost I mean I'll never see them again and they are irreplaceable. Quite sad really

Freya
06-04-2014, 05:18 AM
I lose bobby pins all the time.

Seriously.

Where are they?

It was a pack of 100.

How do I have 3?

Ayen
06-04-2014, 06:37 AM
I put down a ring on a shelf in a church for whatever reason and forgot about it. It sat there for a week untouched. I was so relieved.

I once forgot and left my sunglasses at my brother's house too. He had it returned the next day.

I don't so much lose things as I forget about them. Where's my sunglasses? *remembers they're tucked in my shirt* Oh.

Alive-Cat
06-04-2014, 10:58 AM
I lose bobby pins all the time.

Seriously.

Where are they?

It was a pack of 100.

How do I have 3?

I presume they are in the same place the socks are :(

Bubba
06-04-2014, 11:13 AM
A few months ago, I was at work and realised that I'd left my guitar on the train the day before. I panicked as it was worth a lot of money. My girlfriend spent about an hour and a half trying to track it down for me while I was at work. It wasn't until later in the afternoon that my housemate text me saying that my guitar was sat in our lounge and I hadn't left it on the train at all. My girlfriend was not pleased.

Just recently I actually did leave my guitar on the train but luckily it was at the lost property in Manchester Piccadilly.

Alive-Cat
06-04-2014, 11:22 AM
A few months ago, I was at work and realised that I'd left my guitar on the train the day before. I panicked as it was worth a lot of money. My girlfriend spent about an hour and a half trying to track it down for me while I was at work. It wasn't until later in the afternoon that my housemate text me saying that my guitar was sat in our lounge and I hadn't left it on the train at all. My girlfriend was not pleased.

Just recently I actually did leave my guitar on the train but luckily it was at the lost property in Manchester Piccadilly.

Try and be more careful with that ax, Bubba! How can you keep rocking without it?

Formalhaut
06-04-2014, 11:26 AM
Oh I've lost many things, sure. The worst thing is, I can't remember what I've lost in the first place. Like losing things twice: first the item, then the memory of it.

Jiro
06-04-2014, 01:30 PM
My GBSP was stolen with all my games which sucked. I lost... something in the last couple moves but I can no longer remember what it was. Yay for small mercies.

maybee
06-04-2014, 02:55 PM
I lost a boatload of Nintendo DS games about four years ago and to this day I haven't the faintest clue where they are. :crying:

Yeah same here. Castlevania POR and Fire Emblem Awakening seem to have disappeared ;a;

Bubba
06-04-2014, 02:57 PM

Try and be more careful with that ax, Bubba! How can you keep rocking without it?

Absolutely! It''s my Gibson SG as well which is my pride and joy. God knows how I can be so careless with it.

Shoden
06-04-2014, 03:11 PM

Absolutely! It''s my Gibson SG as well which is my pride and joy. God knows how I can be so careless with it.

I never let any of my guitars leave my side, if lost ONE It'd be like losing an arm. D: so yeah glad it never got lost!

Alive-Cat
06-04-2014, 03:35 PM
I never lost a guitar, although I did smash one in half once. Those were the days.

Colonel Angus
06-04-2014, 04:37 PM
I never lost a guitar, although I did smash one in half once. Those were the days.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-WND_JlwPG8M/U25jRZy8kzI/AAAAAAAAFmo/spOOIlry0QI/s1600/AnimalHouse.gif

Shorty
06-04-2014, 04:43 PM
I don't believe I've ever lost anything expensive or not of sentimental value. I did lose a Volcom hoodie that was my favorite hoodie in the entire world and is now a discontinued design :(

I lose things all the time. All. the. time. I lost my keys this morning before I was getting ready for work, and I lost my headphones last night before I went running. I am bad at this.

Alive-Cat
06-04-2014, 05:32 PM
I constantly lose backbacks :( I bring my drink to gatherings in them and never see them again.

I saw my friend the other day I hadn't seen in about four years and he said 'by the way I've got your backback' and we discovered it was the one I had all through college, need it back, sentimental.

Shaibana
06-04-2014, 08:54 PM
at the moment i can not recall the most expensive thing.
but i have 2 sentimental things:

i have this winter hat i am attached to.
the first one 1 lost in the buss near school.. i bought a new one, wich i lost on my way home in the buss in sweden :l i avoid busses when i have that hat on.

a Tamagochi, wich landed in the toilet :l it was beyond saving

Shoden
06-04-2014, 10:43 PM
a Tamagochi, wich landed in the toilet :l it was beyond saving

Oh, man. That's dire, D: I'd have been distraught for days!!

Kalevala
06-05-2014, 01:49 AM
I lose my earphones all the time.

Other than that I often just lose things for awhile and end up finding them weeks later. I bought a black Volcom beanie in 2009 and still wear it all the time. I don't know how many times I've "lost" that thing. It has gotten to the point where it means more to me simply because it seems like I'm incapable of being separated from it. Weird things have happened like losing it while walking around the city, and then finding it sitting on the counter of a coffee shop that I had not been to yet that night. It's fate.

Alive-Cat
06-05-2014, 03:22 PM
and then finding it sitting on the counter of a coffee shop that I had not been to yet that night. It's fate.

I'm probably the best, most successful and hilarious stalker ever, right? :greenie:

Mirage
06-05-2014, 03:54 PM
A cell phone that was worth like perhaps 150 bucks when I lost it. 300 when it was new though.

Unless this counts: One time, I missed an event in copenhagen that I had paid like 600 for in advance because of cancellations in my method of getting there.

escobert
06-05-2014, 04:53 PM
a pair of Oakleys I lost in the ocean. Never purchased another pair again. I don't buy expensive stuff unless it comes to computers or guns or fish tank crap :p