PDA

View Full Version : Warcraft - the RTS

Pike
06-04-2014, 12:38 AM
Look at this.

I mean look at this

DO YOU REMEMBER PLAYING THROUGH THIS?

DO YOU REMEMBER HOW GREAT THIS GAME WAS?

HOW ABOUT WARCRAFT MOTHERFUCKING II LOOK AT THIS THIS WAS THE SHIT

Great series. A+, would play again.

Madame Adequate
06-04-2014, 12:39 AM
Yeah it gets forgotten in the wake of the MMO but the WarCraft series was amazing when it was RTS as well.

Slothy
06-04-2014, 12:46 AM
The worst thing that ever happened to Warcraft was becoming the most successful MMO ever because it meant I stopped giving a shit about it. Give me a Warcraft RTS or give me death. Unless a new Warcraft RTS expects me to know anything about WoW, in which case just fucking kill me and be done with it.

Bolivar
06-04-2014, 01:46 AM
Lol awesome OP Pike

Yeah I miss it, will probably go nuts when they make a new one. For what it's worth I do think they did some cool things with the lore in WoW

Spuuky
06-04-2014, 01:59 AM
Lumber is a cool and neglected resource in modern RTS games, even the ones that use it. Also building farms as walls is still the best strategy.

Freya
06-04-2014, 02:37 AM
I love the Warcraft series. The lore, the RTS, the MMO, the Novels and the Manga/comics even.

The RTS are still my favorites though.

theundeadhero
06-04-2014, 07:24 AM
Warcraft: Orcs vs Humans was crazy hard.

i spent countless hours as a young person playing Warcraft 2 over and over again through the scenarios and campaigns. Also with friends through dial-up modem connections :p

Warcraft 3 was a lot of fun but I didn't play it very often.

Ayen
06-04-2014, 06:11 PM
I never played any of the Warcraft games. Just WOW.

I am a trendy prince! :(

nirojan
06-04-2014, 09:33 PM
I have played Warcraft 3 more than any other game in my entire life! Aaaaand I never played a single competitive match of WC3, but I've probably spent a couple thousand hours on custom games. I still remember all the summers and Christmas breaks playing LOTR, tower defense, Defense of the ancients, Helms deep, etc.

I got the game when I was around 13 and this was the only game I really played till I got into broader console/PC gaming at about 17 or 18. There was a huge budding community back then on the custom matches. I hope they make a Warcraft 4 one day. I dunno if I'd play it as much, but I definitely want to relive some of the crazy mods and games people come up with.

I like Starcraft 2, but I've never played a custom match on it :D I've only played competitive.

Shauna
06-04-2014, 11:03 PM
I played a bit of Warcraft: Orcs & Humans. And I was terrible. :(

Flying Mullet
06-04-2014, 11:06 PM
Nothing is more satisfying than clear-cutting an entire map and having a city teeming with masses of peons standing around because they no longer have a purpose in life.

escobert
06-05-2014, 01:49 AM
Nothing is more satisfying than clear-cutting an entire map and having a city teeming with masses of peons standing around because they no longer have a purpose in life.

yes!