PDA

View Full Version : Limit Breaks

fat_moogle
06-04-2014, 01:08 AM
Limit Breaks, Trance, Overdrive, Quickenings...

...they've been a part of FF since FFVI and I'm hoping to see them make a return in FFXV. They were missing from FFXIII (those full ATB moves don't count) which I thought was a shame. I think FFXV can bring them back in all their glory! NOCTISLASH!!! GLADIOSLAM!!! IGNISNIPE!!!

Would you like to see a return of proper Limit Breaks and if so how would you like them to be implemented?

Pumpkin
06-04-2014, 04:01 AM
I would like something similar to X where your bar fills up and you can save it for when you need it

Skyblade
06-04-2014, 04:38 AM
I would like something similar to X where your bar fills up and you can save it for when you need it

I thought you were a fan of IX. Don't you want Trance back? :D

Pumpkin
06-04-2014, 04:39 AM
I love IX but Trance is like the loud chewing problem in the relationship where it's not bad enough to make you not want to be around them, but it certainly isn't something you look forward to when spending time with them

Wolf Kanno
06-04-2014, 05:11 AM
Since the game is an action-rpg, I don't really think we'll see limit breaks in this game. If we do, my guess is they would be similar to things like VIII and X's limit breaks where they have a very interactive component to them.

Del Murder
06-04-2014, 05:14 AM
Yeah I think that was the best version of this mechanic. I liked that you could choose what would build it.

Quindiana Jones
06-04-2014, 05:19 AM
I think the Trance mechanic would actually work pretty well with this game, based on what I've seen regarding party interactions. It'd be cool if certain characters had a specific trigger - e.g. close friend/love interest reaching critical HP - that sends them into a Trance-like state. It would suit the theme of the party, or what I've seen of it so far, quite well.

Ayen
06-04-2014, 05:54 AM
Since the game is an action-rpg, I don't really think we'll see limit breaks in this game. If we do, my guess is they would be similar to things like VIII and X's limit breaks where they have a very interactive component to them.

Quick time events. Calling it now.

X, X, O-- SMURF! *tosses controller*

fat_moogle
06-04-2014, 09:08 AM
I guess you can say quick time events have been used for limit breaks already, for example with Zell in FFVIII you input commands for different moves.

Maybe there could be some sort of party limit break, and the limit break activated depends on which party member you're controlling at the time? Like if you were to activate it with Gladiolus you'd do an attack which would deal huge damage while lowering defense, then you could switch to Noctis and release a barage of slashes while the enemy is in a weakened state? Or of you activate it with Noctis you could teleport around the enemy to confuse it, then go in for an attack with all three party members to pummel the enemy while its dazzled.

Dat Matt
06-06-2014, 08:50 PM

I thought you were a fan of IX. Don't you want Trance back? :D

Trance was good, but the inablity to use it when needed was awful. Same sort of thing with FF7. Removing the attack button when you get the limit break. Hated both.

Jiro
06-10-2014, 11:29 AM
Desperation attacks could definitely make a comeback.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
07-24-2014, 09:47 AM
One of my favorite moments from the trailers released so far was the fight where they took the weapon from the giant and threw it back in its chest for a finisher.

Not necessarily a limit break, but I can see that as a "finishing move" of sorts. Each monster could have their own crude ending that would get you more experience if executed correctly.

Pheesh
07-24-2014, 11:09 AM
I would think we'll see something like the Drive Forms from KH2. Not necessarily a 'move' that you do, but something that buffs your character, adds new abilities to your move-list and increases your general bad-assery.