PDA

View Full Version : A Million Ways to Die in the West

Ayen
06-04-2014, 05:59 PM
Did you see it? Are you going to see it?

I'm going to see it today. I've been a fan of Seth Macfarlane since Family Guy and I heard Ted was pretty good. I also like Charlize Theron, Liam Neeson, and Neil Patrick Harris. I don't need any more justification to see this movie.

Discuss.

Shorty
06-04-2014, 06:03 PM
I've heard mixed reviews. I will likely not see it. I like the concept and I like western spoofs, but I don't trust Seth Macfarlane to not try to cram it with hours of unfunny jokes to please the American masses and uphold his reputation.

I would see it if this was a Ricky Gervais or Simon Pegg film. Seth Macfarlane, not so much.

Scotty_ffgamer
06-04-2014, 06:12 PM
Now I want Simon Pegg to make a western spoof...

Jinx
06-04-2014, 06:18 PM
This movie does not look funny at all.

Kalevala
06-05-2014, 05:46 AM
This looks awful.

Ayen
06-05-2014, 11:40 AM
I thought it was an enjoyable movie overall, but it doesn't really offer anything new if that's what you're looking for. The jokes were hit and miss and the best one came right before the ending credits but was ruined with the post-credit scene. One of the flaws I noticed with Seth's humor is that he doesn't know when to call a quits. The surprise celebrity cameos were also good and I liked the way the MC outwitted the bad guy.

Neil Patrick Harris felt like he was playing Barney pretending to be one of his many personas to pick up women than an original character. I don't know if that was done on purpose or not, but I will allow it because Neil Patrick Harris is awesome and gets a free pass in everything he does from now until the end of time.

Jinx
06-05-2014, 01:10 PM
Seth McFarlane doesn't know when to quit? No, surely you don't meant that! :p

I know you like him ToriJ, but for me personally, Seth McFarlane is the exact reason I wouldn't want to see this. I don't think he's funny, and a lot of his jokes are gross and offensive (this isn't a soapbox, just my own personal feelings on them). Plus, there's like a million Wild West spoofs or just spoofs in general. I'd rather see someone come up with a [more] original comedy.

And honestly, while I like NPH a lot, I think Barney Stinson is so damn annoying and I wish his character wasn't in HIMYM at all. I'm not surprised to hear he's been typecast as that role.

Pumpkin
06-05-2014, 01:12 PM
I have no idea what this is?

Formalhaut
06-05-2014, 02:58 PM
I love Family Guy (even if it is somewhat less funnier as the seasons go on), but I've seen adverts and the like and it simply does not look funny whatsoever.

Ayen
06-05-2014, 03:52 PM
You guys are killing my buzz. I'm going to get it back by making more trailer spoofs of you all.

Formalhaut
06-05-2014, 06:41 PM
I just feel that after the success of Ted, this one was always going to be that difficult second album, so to speak. Unfortunately, it appears to have achieved just that.