PDA

View Full Version : First World Food Problems

Shorty
06-05-2014, 05:50 PM
I made two glorious stuffed peppers last night for lunch today and TIME IS TICKING SO SLOWLY I JUST WANT TO EAT THEM

Calliope
06-05-2014, 06:19 PM
All of my food problems are extremely elitist first world problems:

"Ugh, they do not have powdered coconut water at this high end grocery store, now I must go to the community co op instead"

"This tofu is three days past the printed expiration date, it is poison to me now"

"They only had three kinds of kale and two kinds of chard, and no collard greens at the farmers market today. God, can you imagine?"

"I only have sorbet in the freezer, there's no ice cream, we must leave to get some RIGHT NOW"

I have come to terms with the fact that I will likely starve in any sort of disaster scenario.

Jess
06-05-2014, 08:45 PM
Having to go to the shop to get milk and bread before you can have breakfast is just inconvenient. :mad2:

Pumpkin
06-05-2014, 08:50 PM
The store only has mild and medium salsa and not hot salsa

Shorty
06-05-2014, 08:55 PM
Midnight grocery shopping and the deli is closed so I cannot purchase fresh fish and I'd rather go hungry than eat frozen seafood.

Formalhaut
06-05-2014, 11:17 PM
The store only has mild and medium salsa and not hot salsa

I can relate. It's irritating isn't it!

Lone Wolf Leonhart
06-06-2014, 12:46 AM
The ketchup is starting to mix with my side of applesauce.

I have to use an axe pick to get the brownie out of my tv dinner before I can microwave the rest of it.

The can opener for my ravioli is difficult to use.

Ayen
06-06-2014, 12:50 AM
They don't have hamburger on the menu! :stare:

Kalevala
06-06-2014, 01:50 AM
The can opener for my ravioli is difficult to use.

Can openers are the worst!

Shorty
06-06-2014, 02:47 AM
I've reheated something in the microwave and did not account for additional moisture the dish retained since refrigeration :mad2:

Quindiana Jones
06-06-2014, 03:51 AM
I think I made too much bacon.

Pumpkin
06-06-2014, 03:54 AM
There isn't enough cheese on my nachos

Kalevala
06-06-2014, 06:17 AM
I started boiling water but went to use the bathroom and took too long and when I came back most of my water had evaporated.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
06-06-2014, 06:42 AM
I started boiling water but went to use the bathroom and took too long and when I came back most of my water had evaporated.

I've also made the mistake of waiting for water to boil and then taking too long to get back to it. When someone went in the kitchen and pointed it out to me, I played it off like "oh, I just forgot to put in the water when I put it on the stove a few seconds ago". :smug:

blackmage_nuke
06-11-2014, 08:27 PM
The ring came off my pudding can

Quindiana Jones
06-12-2014, 12:45 AM
It's so difficult to find a good steak in China. :(

Pike
06-12-2014, 12:50 AM
There is no food in my apartment but I am too lazy to go get more because it's rush hour and I don't want to drive in traffic so I'm just going to not eat

Freya
06-12-2014, 06:39 AM
I have too much meat in my fridge and all I want is chicken instead of a steak, roast, porkchop, or axis ground meat. :(

Psychotic
06-12-2014, 07:32 AM
I want breakfast but food is between three to six steps away.

Shiny
06-12-2014, 09:04 AM
I love pot stews, but it takes too long for them to cook. :(

When I wanted to make a burger, there were no buns. :(

When I wanted cereal, I was out of milk. :(

The milk that's in there isn't lactose free wth no. :(

The tea I boil is too hot to drink immediately. :(

Loony BoB
06-12-2014, 11:38 AM
Urgh, this macaroni cheese has not been made with mature cheese. :stare: Who makes macaroni cheese with mild or medium cheeses!?

Hrmm. We only have vegetable and sunflower oil. I want sesame oil. I don't know if I want a stir fry anymore.

Dammit, I burnt my tongue on this amazing food. It's useless now. It'll never taste good if I have a burnt tongue. Day ruined.

Woah, woah, woah. I have to prepare this food? What the hell? Cut the vegetables? Why aren't they pre-cut!?

And the most stereotypically first world problem with food: Why does all this amazing food make me faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

Bubba
06-12-2014, 12:42 PM
I didn't start eating my homemade BLT until three minutes after it was prepared and now the bacon is not as warm as it should be :(

sharkythesharkdogg
06-19-2014, 10:17 PM
The classic whining while the refrigerator is full of food, and there are many decent restaurants within quick travel distance.

"I'm hungry, but there's nothing good to eat!!!!!!"

Bubba
06-21-2014, 08:49 AM
The gourmet ring donut with icing and chocolate sprinkles that I ate yesterday was not a perfect circle :( It was more oval in shape.

I don't want to live on this planet any more.

Rantz
06-21-2014, 11:07 AM
I had delicious, mouth-watering all-you-can-eat food last night and I literally ate all I could eat and now my stomach hurts. :(

noxious.sunshine
06-21-2014, 03:06 PM
I'm very close to going on a full on cooking strike until Winter.

It gets way too hot up in this bitch. And if I angle the fan directly at me while I'm cooking, it blows on the flame and drastically lowers the temp.

Also, after being salt-free for a week, just had some bacon and nearly died. It's -SO- freaking salty! Majorly disappointed.