PDA

View Full Version : Hi All!

Matt_W
06-05-2014, 11:03 PM
Hi everyone, my name is Matt (obviously), I live in France and I’m studying English to be either a teacher or a translator.

Final Fantasy is my favorite series in video games (even if for me the great games kind of stopped with square Enix). I played countless hours of FF games during my teen years and after a break of 5-6 years I’ve started to play them again recently and it’s awesome, sort of reliving my teen years in a way, but also seeing them differently now that I’m a grown-up.
I’ve play all FF from the first to the XIII -except the XI- and finished them all except FF III (but it’s on my to do list.)

I used to find FF VII to be the best (at least my favorite) , it was my first FF and I’ve heard many times that your first FF is always your favorite (do you guys agree?) .It makes sense to an extend but it’s not true for me anymore.

I guess I don’t have a favorite anymore, I still like the FFVII through X more that the origins of the Franchise, but overall I like/dislike all of them for different reasons. For instance I love the Magical/Enchanting atmosphere of FF I-V, and it came back a little in the IX.

Other games that I like/liked; There are/were a lot, to name a FEW; Guild Wars, Age of Empire, Dynasty Warriors 3, Tenchu 1-3, Age of Empires II, Diablo, Age of Mythology, Heroes, the Madden Franchise, Kingdom Hearts, the Sonics on Genesis, Street of Rage with my sister (we still play it from time to time), Mass Effect, Battlefield 3 … Most recently I really enjoyed Dragon Age Origins and the awesome Dark Souls. Right now I’m having fun playing Dota 2, it’s a cool free game.

Besides Final fantasy and video games, I love music (one of my passions with American English), mostly hard rock and metal stuff (but not exclusively),I play guitar, I also love sitcoms ( Friends, Scrubs, Two and a half men, American Dad, etc.), I like Sports (I’m a Pats Fan) and the US. I also like going out and play cool board games with my friends.

I think I’ve said enough stuff :p.

Shauna
06-05-2014, 11:06 PM
Welcome! How did you find your way to EoFF? :D

Pop into the chatroom some time, we're pretty cool in there!

Ayen
06-05-2014, 11:17 PM
Welcome to the forum, Matt.

VII was my first Final Fantasy and my favorite until X came along, so I think it's true to some extent. Thumbs up for Tenchu and Streets of Rage :up::up:

Shorty
06-05-2014, 11:45 PM
Hello and welcome! Nice to have you here!

Colonel Angus
06-05-2014, 11:48 PM
Bonjour, Matt!

starlet
06-06-2014, 01:05 AM
Hello. I like you already because you like to METAL. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFL6i0mkRgU) 56653

Lone Wolf Leonhart
06-06-2014, 03:43 AM
Your first Final Fantasy definitely has a lot of sentimental value. Without FFVIII I wouldn't have the screen name I created.

Welcome :)

Pumpkin
06-06-2014, 03:47 AM
Welcome!

Kalevala
06-06-2014, 06:02 AM
Welcome! Which bands do you like?

Scotty_ffgamer
06-06-2014, 06:24 AM
Welcome to the forums! I really want to play Age of Mythology now since you mentioned that in your post!

Miss Mae
06-06-2014, 07:54 AM
Welcome! English is also my field of study; however, it's also the only language I know. Hope you enjoy your stay here. :)

Psychotic
06-06-2014, 08:04 AM
Hi Matt let's talk about Tenchu 2.

Bright and cold, the flash of steel
Alone I roam over desolate fields
My sword, I need no longer
The evening wind will carry me home.

Jiro
06-06-2014, 08:55 AM
I apologise in advance for the sensitive and potentially downright bigoted question: do you have a moustache? I hear there's a moustache famine in France currently :ffvisad:

Sephex
06-06-2014, 10:09 AM
Welcome to the forums! Stay coooooooooooool. :cool:

Aelitalily
06-06-2014, 01:56 PM
Hello and welcome! :3 Even though we are all different we are all like-minded - with the gift of good taste in games! The good news about you not playing 11 is that game is just about dead.... Stole 1yr of my life too (How r00d)! Hahaha :3

Fatal Rose
06-06-2014, 02:36 PM
Welcome new friend.

Alive-Cat
06-06-2014, 03:03 PM
Hi Matt let's talk about Tenchu 2.

Bright and cold, the flash of steel
Alone I roam over desolate fields
My sword, I need no longer
The evening wind will carry me home.

If my memory serves me right (which it sure does) you and Tenchu basically involves running around insanely slashing at everything before anything can hurt you?

Welcome Matt! On reading your introduction post, you are so well suited to these forums. More suited than most people on here. You're legit. I mean. I don't even play video games anymore.

Welcome to the Eyes On Final Fantasy Forums Experience :love:

Calliope
06-06-2014, 04:56 PM
Welcome!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/47/Streets_of_Rage_Genesis_Character_select.png

Matt_W
06-06-2014, 11:54 PM
Thank you all for the warm welcome :).
I’ll answer your questions;

Shauna: I found EoFF on a top5 list on sites dedicated to final fantasy.

Kalevala: My favorite bands are Opeth, Arch Enemy, Anathema (the last ones), Annihilator (the early years), Accept, Saxon and Dark Age. But I listen to a lot of other bands.

Jiro: I don’t have a moustache lol.

Aelitalily: Don’t say it stole one year of your live that’s so sad, I’m sure you have nice memories of it!

Alive-Man: Actually Tenchu was a game that you could do in a full stealth mode, with cool animations of your ninja cutting enemies’ heads off.

Perducci
06-07-2014, 12:07 AM
G'day. Bonjour. Hi. Hello. Welcome.

How's it going?

chionos
06-07-2014, 12:24 AM
Bienvenue pour YsFF, Matt. Votre favori est six, d'accord? Vous apprendrez.

Vous APPRENDREZ!

Also:

Opeth, woot. /cheer
Tres Bienvenue.

Alive-Cat
06-07-2014, 12:46 AM
Alive-Man: Actually Tenchu was a game that you could do in a full stealth mode, with cool animations of your ninja cutting enemies’ heads off.

Yeah, and Paulchotic never played it like that! I know he didn't.

Welcome again :love:

BustaMo
06-13-2014, 01:18 AM
Hey and welcome Matt! welcome to the forums and get on that finishing up FFIII! :cool:

Christmas
06-16-2014, 02:13 AM
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a155/Unknowns2/cooltext20850012.gif