PDA

View Full Version : Kingdom Hearts Story

Pumpkin
06-06-2014, 05:34 AM
I have played the second one and wanted to play the 1st one but it doesn't work. I also have re:coded but I dun like it.

This story is confusing. Would someone mind trying to explain it please?

Lone Wolf Leonhart
06-06-2014, 05:39 AM
What part is confusing you? I can see why it would be hard to follow starting with the second.

Starting with the first one definitely helps because the story is less complicated. It then proceeds to grow off of the original and increasingly become more complicated as each release comes out.

Pumpkin
06-06-2014, 05:40 AM
Well I can't afford to buy them all and the wiki page is super long and hard to follow so I would like some help with what the story is

Freya
06-06-2014, 05:45 AM
They came out very inconsistently but here have a timeline!

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/243/3/d/kingdom_hearts_storyline_by_sora21-d48goyd.jpg

Do you have a ps3? If so get kh 1.5 and here in dec get 2.5! It has everything but the 3ds Dream Drop Distance. Then you'll be set for KH3.

Storyline wise it goes:
Birth by sleep
KH1
Chain of Memories
358/2
KH2
Re: Coded
Dream Drop Distance
KH3

Lone Wolf Leonhart
06-06-2014, 05:50 AM
This video tries to explain it, maybe it'll help. I haven't had a chance to listen but it has likes more than not.

MlMp8zIJMRE

Mercen-X
06-07-2014, 12:06 AM
Haven't played Birth By Sleep, but I gather it pertains to Keyblade Wielders and Xehanort's dive into madness, potentially the first mention of Kingdom Hearts.
Kingdom Hearts pits Sora against Riku (rival), Maleficent (antagonist), and Ansem (villain) as he's drawn into everything by his world being more or less destroyed. After locking up a bunch of worlds, he finds out that he was not the intended master of the Keyblade. But everything works out, he defeats Maleficent and Ansem and Destiny Islands is restored.
Chain of Memories has Sora and Riku against the mysterious Organization. The title hints at the characters' failing memories due to being in Castle Oblivion. Eventually, five O's are defeated and Sora is placed in stasis until his memories can be repaired.
Kingdom Hearts II introduces the Nobodies comprising what remains of Organization XIII. Unlike, Ansem (who we find out was a fraud), the O13 are not going to use worlds to amass Kingdom Hearts. They pretty much employ a mass sacrifice, turning thousands into Heartless which Sora would release using his Keyblade. The plan works until the real Ansem employs a jerry-rigged device that damages the integrity of Kingdom Hearts. Xemnas absorbs what remains and becomes a near-god but is still defeated by Sora and Riku.
358/2 shows the goings-on between CoM and II. Introducing the technically unnecessary character of Xion (imo), Roxas slowly begins to rediscover his emotions which as for any Nobody had been strongly suppressed (Vulcan vampire, anyone?) Basically, it's one long explanation for how Roxas came to be and why he left the Org.
Re:coded is a glorified retelling of Kingdom Hearts which, while the same could be said for CoM, in this case, offers next to nothing of significance to the story.
I also haven't played 3D... so... but from what I've gleaned, it introduces the concept of the New 13 being comprised of embodiments of Xehanort much like the 7 Horcruxes of Voldimort (gee, no correlations there...)

Aulayna
06-07-2014, 01:23 AM
That reminds me actually shion.

After E3, and in the run-up to HD 2.5 ReMIX, I'll be carrying on with this series which I stopped pretty early on for various reasons.

http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread.php/153080-KINGDOM-HEARTS-The-Story-So-Far-Part-1

Please look forward too it.

Pumpkin
06-07-2014, 03:31 AM
Oh thanks Aulayna, I hadn't seen that thread