PDA

View Full Version : FYI: PSN flash sale

metagloria
06-06-2014, 02:20 PM
Kingdoms of Amalur, Dragon Age: Origins, and Ni No Kuni are all 5 bucks - but only for today!

I've played Ni No Kuni...it has strengths and weaknesses, but overall I enjoyed it and the story alone is worth the 5 bucks.

I just got Kingdoms of Amalur, a game I've wanted to play since I checked out the demo. So far, it's like a more animated, faster-paced Skyrim with lots of simplifications, more exciting combat, and slightly more linearity (in a good way). I'm addicted.

No clue about DA:O, but evidently it's very well regarded, so it's probably up some of y'all's alley.

Ayen
06-06-2014, 02:23 PM
Dragon Age Origins is the only one I recognize by name. But do I really want to spend five bucks on a game I won't be able to play until at least August?

These are the questions that define us.

Bolivar
06-06-2014, 03:16 PM
I just got Kingdoms of Amalur, a game I've wanted to play since I checked out the demo. So far, it's like a more animated, faster-paced Skyrim with lots of simplifications, more exciting combat, and slightly more linearity (in a good way). I'm addicted.

Thats interesting considering the game director was the lead designer/game director for Morrowind and Oblivion. I think this might be sitting in my Steam backlog, good to know it turned out so well.

metagloria
06-06-2014, 03:27 PM
Dragon Age Origins is the only one I recognize by name. But do I really want to spend five bucks on a game I won't be able to play until at least August?

Do you really want to not spend five bucks on a game you might not want to have not played by October?

Ayen
06-06-2014, 03:28 PM

Do you really want to not spend five bucks on a game you might not want to have not played by October?

ToriJ is confused.

*Game Boy sound effects*

ToriJ hurt himself in the confusion.

Bolivar
06-06-2014, 05:49 PM
Triple negative translation:

$5 is a low cost of entry to start preparing yourself for the upcoming release of Dragon Age: Inquisition.

Slothy
06-06-2014, 06:57 PM
Bought Ni No Kuni. I've wanted it ever since I first heard of it, but I guess waiting has paid off.

And personally, I haven't played Dragon Age Tori, but it's a Bioware game (by the actual Bioware team. Not the half dozen other developers they slapped the name on after EA bought them to make customers think games were made by them when they weren't) so I can't say I'd recommend it. I know other people like it, but I've played enough Bioware games that I found exceedingly mediocre to not want to get burned again myself.

Pumpkin
06-06-2014, 07:02 PM
I spent like $40 on Ni No Kuni :-/

gosh darn sales

Ayen
06-06-2014, 07:27 PM
Bought Ni No Kuni. I've wanted it ever since I first heard of it, but I guess waiting has paid off.

And personally, I haven't played Dragon Age Tori, but it's a Bioware game (by the actual Bioware team. Not the half dozen other developers they slapped the name on after EA bought them to make customers think games were made by them when they weren't) so I can't say I'd recommend it. I know other people like it, but I've played enough Bioware games that I found exceedingly mediocre to not want to get burned again myself.

I like Bioware, though. I just have a hard time parting with money. Except all those times I spent money just taking what I want without much thought.

I'm a complex individual with many different layers.

Pete for President
06-06-2014, 09:46 PM
Can't go wrong with $5 for Ni No Kuni. The game holds your hand a bit too much but the world is awesomely crafted and the ending is surprisingly good.

metagloria
06-06-2014, 11:46 PM
Can't go wrong with $5 for Ni No Kuni. The game holds your hand a bit too much but the world is awesomely crafted and the ending is surprisingly good.
I wouldn't know. I never beat that a-hole final boss. :(

Del Murder
06-07-2014, 04:20 PM
Never heard of Kingdoms of Amalur but I have the other two. They're both great! I put like 120 hours into DAO and didn't regret it.

Ayen
06-07-2014, 04:21 PM
Oops. Waited too long.