PDA

View Full Version : First thread of 2014! ...and it's about Flickr

Drift
06-06-2014, 04:08 PM
So I just got the email from Flickr who are stopping logins from Facebook and Google. Normally I wouldn't care but seeing as I upload pictures there, does anyone else have recommendations or preference of where they upload their creative side?

Calliope
06-06-2014, 05:06 PM
Why can't you log in with Yahoo! or a flickr-specific account combo?

Shorty
06-06-2014, 05:45 PM
Flickr is the only one I use besides Instagram, though I was a bit irked when they disallowed use of my gmail login. shameless flickr plug (https://www.flickr.com/photos/aquabones)

Miss Mae
06-07-2014, 03:46 AM
I deleted my Flickr when I did my big internet overhaul. Personal photos I share on Facebook, professional photos I share on Twitter and any photos that can be interpreted either way I share on both. I used to upload artistic/creative photos to DeviantArt and I used Instagram for a little while too, so they might be options for you?

Alive-Cat
06-07-2014, 12:38 PM
Every new internet website I sign up for just gives people another way to ridicule me :( down with your flicky thing!

Drift
06-08-2014, 10:31 PM
I already use twitter/instagram/tumblr. I didn't want to make a yahoo/Flickr specific account just because. Might have a look at deviantart a bit more but it's very judgemental iirc

Parker
06-08-2014, 10:57 PM
flickr has that infinite scroll thing now which means I can no longer go directly to page 1000 of dude I know's immense image cache because flickr are smurfing stupid and deserve none of my time anymore "yea lets make it infinite scrolling with 0 way to change this haha yes a great idea" - some asshole at flickr who deserves to be immured

smurf you flickr and smurf you reading this if you like flickr

Jiro
06-10-2014, 12:07 PM
never been a fan of flickr. It had a cool feature or two but there are easier places to host images.