PDA

View Full Version : 3D sounds

Psychotic
06-06-2014, 07:38 PM
I know this stuff was posted on EoFF many, many years ago and it randomly sprung to mind when watching some Occulus Rift videos.

Get headphones and close your eyes. It seriously feels smurfing incredible. I can't describe the feeling to you, just do it! It's cool, I promise. :)

WYdIidUIbAs

8IXm6SuUigI

u163wC6mP2A

Shorty
06-06-2014, 08:01 PM
I've never heard of this before! I'll have to try this out when I get home.

Shauna
06-06-2014, 08:05 PM
I remember the barber shop one making the rounds when I was a bit younger. It's p cool.

Ayen
06-06-2014, 09:14 PM
Oh, all right.

*listens for 30 seconds*

*freaks out and takes the headphones off*

chionos
06-06-2014, 10:06 PM
Love these. So much that could be done with such a phenomenon, I'm surprised that the ones Psy posted are basically the best available (that I've found so far anyway). Freaky as trout.

I wish more music really used binaural audio. Just having different left and right channels does not really fully take advantage of the effect.

One of the more fully realized songs:

fSSLQf95-Nc

Alive-Cat
06-07-2014, 01:06 AM
So who's up for Kalevala recording a sensual 3D poem for us all? Please

Kalevala
06-10-2014, 06:43 AM
Just write down what you want me to say.

Sephex
06-10-2014, 07:08 AM
I'll have to try this when I wake up later. Sounds interesting.

Jiro
06-10-2014, 11:54 AM
That barbershop one went round school back in the day. I remember one person took advantage of it and managed to actually cut someone's hair.

Miss Mae
06-10-2014, 01:57 PM
That barbershop one went round school back in the day. I remember one person took advantage of it and managed to actually cut someone's hair.
This happened at my school too! God, teenagers are really predictable.

Sephex
06-11-2014, 12:38 AM
Finally took it for a spin. Interesting stuff. I actually liked the matchbox one the best.

Alive-Cat
06-11-2014, 04:11 PM

"Hello, I am Kalevala. You may know me from the Eyes On Final Fantasy Forums Experience, home of Alive-Man. That is where you may know me from, because I am on there, so that is where you may know me, from my posts on there, the Eyes On Final Fantasy Forums Experience, home of Alive-Man.

There are many times in our lives in which we face hardships and strife, but the important thing is to stay strong and keep believing in the magic of a rainbow. If you believe, you can never fail. That much is true, I know. Just listen to me, listen to my voice. This is the voice of a believer. Can you deny it!? No, nobody can.

If you are feeling down in the dumps, know that the eternal LOVE of the universe is all around you, ready to rejuvenate you. It is eternal. It exists within you and without you, just like The Beatles said.

I, Kalevala, solemnly pledge and dedicate myself to the light that Alive-Man represents. The light of LOVE and HAPPINESS which he, and now I, have sworn to protect, until the end of our days."

*cats are meowing all around the headphones throughout

Miss Mae
06-11-2014, 04:15 PM
I'm worried what strange demon creature reciting this may evoke, Kale, but I wholeheartedly recommend you record this immediately regardless.

Perducci
06-11-2014, 04:15 PM
The barbershop one is so realistic that I've actually just stopped going out to get haircuts and instead I just sit at home and listen to that every six weeks or so.

Kalevala
06-11-2014, 06:58 PM

"Hello, I am Kalevala. You may know me from the Eyes On Final Fantasy Forums Experience, home of Alive-Man. That is where you may know me from, because I am on there, so that is where you may know me, from my posts on there, the Eyes On Final Fantasy Forums Experience, home of Alive-Man.

There are many times in our lives in which we face hardships and strife, but the important thing is to stay strong and keep believing in the magic of a rainbow. If you believe, you can never fail. That much is true, I know. Just listen to me, listen to my voice. This is the voice of a believer. Can you deny it!? No, nobody can.

If you are feeling down in the dumps, know that the eternal LOVE of the universe is all around you, ready to rejuvenate you. It is eternal. It exists within you and without you, just like The Beatles said.

I, Kalevala, solemnly pledge and dedicate myself to the light that Alive-Man represents. The light of LOVE and HAPPINESS which he, and now I, have sworn to protect, until the end of our days."

*cats are meowing all around the headphones throughout

http://vocaroo.com/i/s19ClP9kquHR

chionos
06-11-2014, 07:59 PM
How cheaply you have sold your soul to Alive-Man.

Alive-Cat
06-11-2014, 09:02 PM
That is the single most greatest thing I have ever heard in my life.

Shauna
06-11-2014, 09:06 PM
MEOW.

Alive-Cat
06-11-2014, 09:14 PM
Do recordings stay on Vocaroo forever? Because I have bookmarked it and will listen to it if I ever feel down in the dumps. :love:

krissy
06-12-2014, 12:29 AM
Y'all Google Papa sangre

Loony BoB
06-12-2014, 12:28 PM
Do recordings stay on Vocaroo forever? Because I have bookmarked it and will listen to it if I ever feel down in the dumps. :love:
Nope! But you can download them. :) I've already downloaded all the speeches from the Ciddies.