PDA

View Full Version : You have been held captive...

Night Fury
06-08-2014, 10:43 AM
for months and all you've been eating is sloppy porridge and stale bread. You have now been set free.

What is the first thing you eat? Let's go for a full 3 course meal!

I would probably go for some spicy chicken soup, some lightly toasted sourdough with olive oil, salt, and balsamic vinegar for entree. Then heaps of fettucine pasta in a tomato/saganaki sauce with tonnes of feta. Omg yes.

Oh, and for dessert I'd probably go for something like an eton mess with loads of meringue, fruit, and cream. Or possibly a tiramisu!

Psychotic
06-08-2014, 10:57 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2259636/The-steaks-HUGE-Pub-lays-challenge-diners-worlds-largest-cut-beef-weighing-150oz.html

Night Fury
06-08-2014, 11:05 AM
No wonder that fella can't eat it though! look how overcooked it is! Would have to eat that rare and dripping in sauce...

Psychotic
06-08-2014, 12:20 PM
Indeed. Although the inside doesn't look too bad and I guess you'd have to scorch the outside to make any sort of impact on the middle.

Miss Mae
06-08-2014, 12:54 PM
Entree would be cheese and garlic bread, maybe with some sweet chilli sauce. Main is difficult: maybe a chicken burger and some spicy sweet potato fries; maybe gnocci with napoletana sauce; maybe pumpkin pizza. Maybe all three. Dessert would be chocolate pudding, vanilla icecream and strawberries.

Ayen
06-08-2014, 01:12 PM
For lunch I'd go to Burger King and order myself a double whopper with cheese, no onions (ew onions), large order of fries, and a Coke.

Then for dinner I'd go to IHOP, order a hamburger with cheese, no onions, large fries, and a Coke.

Then before bed I'd grab a double cheeseburger at McDonalds, large fries, and a Coke :smug:

noxious.sunshine
06-08-2014, 04:49 PM
I would have stuffed mushrooms or spinach artichoke dip for an appetizer

Tacos Al Pastor with super spicy avocado-tomatillo salsa, rice and beans.

Tiramisu or tres leches cake for desert. nom.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
06-08-2014, 10:35 PM
the same thing that I have immediately after returning from every deployment.

Taco Bell followed by a big fat juicy cheeseburger.

EDIT: Post 2319.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSAXkp9cqbk]

Colonel Angus
06-08-2014, 10:52 PM
First I'd start w/ a bowl of Cream soup, either Chicken, Mushroom or Broccoli.

For an appetizer, I'd have a platter of boneless wings & shrimp cocktail.

That steak Psychotic posted is probably too big, but I'd go for something a little more manageable w/ a the same sides of that behemoth. Of course, I'd want A1.

Ooh, can I even manage desert? I think I'd have a blueberry pie, w/ whipped cream.

To drink, a Dr Pepper.

Parker
06-08-2014, 11:06 PM
im gonna assume i've been held captive inside so I'm probably gonna have some kind of BBQ outside somewhere beautiful, if weather permits.

if not BBQ then maybe some fish n chips in cornwall, by the sea. would rock!

Pumpkin
06-09-2014, 12:13 AM
I would have the Mimi's Cafe tomato basil soup with some dinner rolls and butter, followed by my family's lasagna, with lemon meringue pie for dessert

Quindiana Jones
06-09-2014, 02:04 AM
I'd have some porridge.

Shorty
06-09-2014, 04:07 AM
What I posted on fb yesterday :(

I just want breakfast crepes slathered with cream cheese and fruits and whipped cream, a Guinness steak pie, broccoli cheese soup with as many strawberry mojitos as I can down, followed by a massive slice of chocolate or red velvet cake.

... :(

Shiny
06-09-2014, 08:33 AM
Definitely this

http://foodies.blogs.starnewsonline.com/files/2010/02/bonefish-600x399.jpg

Or just simply the steak and lobster with something sweet to wash it down.

Bubba
06-09-2014, 11:29 AM
I would definitely order a takeaway from the Handforth Chinese Restaurant.

Minced chicken and sweetcorn soup
Singapore-style mixed fried rice
Then, after a bit of a break, I'd have M&S sticky toffee pudding with loads of custard.

Obviously, whilst waiting for my Chinese to arrive I'd check EOFF to see if I won Most Missed Member at the last Ciddies.

Mirage
06-09-2014, 11:56 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2259636/The-steaks-HUGE-Pub-lays-challenge-diners-worlds-largest-cut-beef-weighing-150oz.html

I bet I could eat that, if I skipped everything that wasn't meat. That "Theo" guy doesn't exactly look like a very big guy after all.

MissH
07-15-2014, 10:54 AM
I would definitely order a takeaway from the Handforth Chinese Restaurant.

Yeahhh! I've taught you well!

I would have cheesy garlic bread, followed a delicious spaghetti carbonara complete with the poached egg and crispy pancetta. Finally a gorgeous warm chocolate fudge cake with vanilla ice-cream. Hell yeah!!

Loony BoB
07-17-2014, 01:05 PM
I don't care how bad it sounds, the first place I would be jumping towards would be McDonalds or KFC. I would gorge. If I had shit food for that long, the fastest food possible would be the best food.

I'll save the more fancy ideas for later, once my taste buds have gone through the explosion of flavour that only fast food can truly provide.

Mo-Nercy
07-17-2014, 01:12 PM
My local pizza joint, Wally and Ozzie's. Family sized Kiwi (ham, pineapple and egg)!