PDA

View Full Version : Croc

Ayen
06-08-2014, 02:38 PM
I bet you young whipper snappers haven't even heard of Croc: Legend of the Gobbos (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Croc:_Legend_of_the_Gobbos#Sequels_and_spin-offs) and Croc 2 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Croc_2#Reception).

The first game was ahead of its time, man. The visuals were stunning. None of the characters had lines so it allowed you to soak in the atmosphere. I loved this game. I also love hurling profanities at how hard it is. The camera didn't help matters.

I never played the second one.

Talk about Croc.

maybee
06-08-2014, 03:51 PM
Croc- Loved this game so much when I was little. It was one of my first PlayStation games, and Croc was just so adorable. I needed help to get through most of the game though. It does feel a little too cute- Mario today though; though it's still a fun and adventurous game. Camera angle/ poor camera control can go to hell though.

Croc 2- I hated the camera angle/ poor camera in this game so much. I grabbed the disc and played Frisbee with it and smashed it. It's not completely broken, though it's heavily damaged by a very angry, emotional tween girl.

It still works, surprisingly. smurf you Croc 2. You just didn't get the message.

Ayen
06-08-2014, 04:05 PM
They actually managed to make the camera worse in the second game?

That's impressive.

krissy
06-08-2014, 04:25 PM
Wasn't really into the demo
Yes camera sucked

Ultima Shadow
06-10-2014, 01:57 PM
Hey! Croc 2 was great as well! Not as good as the first, I'll give you that. But it had lots of fun levels too! =(

But yeah. Croc was actually the first game I had on the PS1, so it has a special place in my heart.

maybee
06-10-2014, 02:22 PM
Hey! Croc 2 was great as well!

That games belongs in hell.

H E L L

https://31.media.tumblr.com/d4c8e6abca1054e537a23d076d6ef006/tumblr_inline_n6lxvu81lW1seixqr.gif

But yeah. Croc was actually the first game I had on the PS1, so it has a special place in my heart.

Yeah same here <3

Ultima Shadow
06-10-2014, 02:27 PM
That games belongs in hell.

H E L L

Watch it, or I'll send Roger the Red Ant after you! And if you gave Croc 2 a chance, you'd actually know who that is. =(

(I do have to admit both games had their bad camera moments though)

maybee
06-10-2014, 03:12 PM
Watch it, or I'll send Roger the Red Ant after you! And if you gave Croc 2 a chance, you'd actually know who that is. =(

(I do have to admit both games had their bad camera moments though)

You had to chose Rodger

you know my weakness

- I stopped, gave up there- just had enough and found Rodger just super annoying due to the camera & yeah though imo the more complexed levels in Croc 2 rather than the simple levels that Croc 1 had just made everything more annoying and frustrating than the original game.

And that level where you have to stop the runaway train ?? Oh god.

Ayen
06-10-2014, 11:43 PM
Hey! Croc 2 was great as well! Not as good as the first, I'll give you that. But it had lots of fun levels too! =(

Not as good as the first seems to be the case for a lot of sequels. If I can ever get it I probably would just for the sake of being able to review the first four games I ever did reviews for.