PDA

View Full Version : Best Supernatural Being?

Psychotic
06-08-2014, 08:41 PM
Ghosts and ghouls and creatures of the night!
Which of these beasts gives you the most delight?

Ayen
06-08-2014, 08:47 PM
Vampires, I suppose. I prefer them as they are in Hellsing to most portrayals we see nowadays.

Shauna
06-08-2014, 08:49 PM
I think werewolves are cool. :3 There's no particular reason for it, but I like the stories that involve werewolves the best outta the lot!

Newmani
06-08-2014, 09:14 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8rnc3KlCZ1rbv8q4o1_500.jpg

Feel the power of love and magic suckers! :cool:

Parker
06-08-2014, 09:24 PM
hobbits are fucking creepy and gross!!

Sephex
06-08-2014, 09:48 PM
Ghosts are cool.

Surprised the poll/thread hasn't turned into a zombie circlejerk yet. Because we never hear enough about zombies.

Depression Moon
06-08-2014, 09:48 PM
Out of that list a Witch since she would have the tools to take out any of the others, but my personal favorite is the Sphinx.

black orb
06-08-2014, 10:26 PM
>>> The Medusa, I have been a fan since I was a kid and I always wanted stone gaze powers..:luca:

Colonel Angus
06-08-2014, 10:42 PM
It's really hard when there's something to love about all of them. :gator:

But out of that list, I may have to go w/ Vampire.

My favorite overall is the Manticore.

Formalhaut
06-08-2014, 10:47 PM
I find doppelgangers to be in the next level of eerie and creepy.

NeoCracker
06-08-2014, 11:12 PM
Your mums.

Ayen
06-08-2014, 11:15 PM
The poll keeps saying three people voted for vampires but when looking at the users it only lists two.

Shauna
06-08-2014, 11:17 PM
It's a poll on the frontsite, so there can be anonymous voters.

Ayen
06-08-2014, 11:19 PM
It's a poll on the frontsite, so there can be anonymous voters.

Anonymous is here?

RUN!

qwertysaur
06-08-2014, 11:20 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8rnc3KlCZ1rbv8q4o1_500.jpg

Laser...
Concentrate your mind,
Mutter the spell to the Mini-Elemental-Reactor tenderly,
Aim at someone you don't like,
Now unleash your annihilation of love!
... is not difficult.

Anyway some choices are
http://en.touhouwiki.net/images/thumb/c/c9/Th13Yuyuko.png/160px-Th13Yuyuko.png

http://en.touhouwiki.net/images/thumb/2/2e/Th13Yoshika.png/161px-Th13Yoshika.png

http://en.touhouwiki.net/images/thumb/d/d0/Th135_Koishi1.png/275px-Th135_Koishi1.png

http://en.touhouwiki.net/images/d/d2/Th13Kogasa.png

Depression Moon
06-08-2014, 11:39 PM
I'd also like to iterate how people have complained how vampires have been treated recently in media, but hardly anyone has commented on how zombies have almost no proper representation of their origins. They were not mindless flesh eaters that could spread their predicament onto others. In Haitian tales they were basically just slaves made from reanimated corpses.

Skyblade
06-09-2014, 12:29 AM
I'd also like to iterate how people have complained how vampires have been treated recently in media, but hardly anyone has commented on how zombies have almost no proper representation of their origins. They were not mindless flesh eaters that could spread their predicament onto others. In Haitian tales they were basically just slaves made from reanimated corpses.

That's nothing compared to what has happened to the fae folk over the years. Look at them in any traditional story. Heck, Tinkerbell HERSELF tried to kill Wendy. Man, I want some more traditional faerie tales. It feels like the Dresden Files are the story keeping their legacy alive.

Ayen
06-09-2014, 12:40 AM

Sorry to say, but that change doesn't bother me one bit. I think I prefer the mindless flesh eaters who spread their predicament, honestly.

Sephiroth
06-09-2014, 12:43 AM
Sorry to say, but that change doesn't bother me one bit. I think I prefer the mindless flesh eaters who spread their predicament, honestly.

That sounds so wrong.

Ayen
06-09-2014, 12:46 AM

That sounds so wrong.

My work here is done.

*leaves*

Skyblade
06-09-2014, 02:20 AM

Except that there's really nothing to fear from that regard. Heck, it's basically a slightly worse version of rabies. Bites are not an efficient transmission vector. The fact that it makes the target slower and less intelligent is just a further nail in its coffin.

Zombies need magical animation in order to survive any of the countless ways exposure could kill them, not to mention the various ways humans would kill them. Zombies need an efficient way of spreading rather than running at the target and hoping to get a bite in. Zombies also need magical augmentation to give them the strength to make them threatening, as otherwise lack of proper diet and exercise makes them wither away to nothing.

Zombies are just kind of pathetic.

Raistlin
06-09-2014, 03:42 AM
It depends on the medium, really. (lol medium)

For "real life": I absolutely love ghost stories and haunted houses and all that jazz. As a kid, I didn't give a shit about Santa Claus or supernatural deities; I desperately wanted ghosts to exist just because they were so damn cool and mysterious. Despite being a clear skeptic at a young age, whenever I went to a "haunted house" or the like in my middle-teens, I still internally hoped something crazy would happen.

For movies/TV: probably vampires.

Pumpkin
06-09-2014, 03:54 AM
Vampire

Skyblade
06-09-2014, 05:58 AM
For those answer "Vampire": Traditional or Twilight?

Night Fury
06-09-2014, 06:37 AM
Witches! :)

Wolf Kanno
06-09-2014, 06:41 AM
Eldritch Horror

No, I don't just mean Cthulhu, because he is seriously the least of humanity's problems in Lovecraft Lore. The best type of monster is the type that can drive you completely insane just by actually looking upon it.

Pumpkin
06-09-2014, 01:46 PM
For those answer "Vampire": Traditional or Twilight?

traditional, what even

Loony BoB
06-09-2014, 01:55 PM
http://www.eyesonff.com/BoB/turkey.jpg

Ayen
06-09-2014, 03:20 PM

Except that there's really nothing to fear from that regard.

Spoken like a man who's never been surrounded by hordes of zombies with limited ammunition...

Shorty
06-09-2014, 04:34 PM
Vampire probably holds a place in my heart thanks to Anne Rice's terrible fiction. But I'm so glad DP mentioned sphynxes, I love them as well.

Loony BoB
06-09-2014, 05:01 PM
Vampire probably holds a place in my heart thanks to Anne Rice's terrible fiction. But I'm so glad DP mentioned sphynxes, I love them as well.
Wait what

I thought we were Turkey buddies

TRAITOR :(

Shorty
06-09-2014, 05:02 PM
Well, I did vote turkey. How could I not?

Ayen
06-09-2014, 05:07 PM
We had a bunch of turkeys wander through here once. My dad spent all day trying to get snap shots of them and ended up in a battle with Momma Turkey.

Good times. ...I need to write a sitcom about my family.

Shorty
06-09-2014, 05:09 PM
We heard a bunch of wild turkeys outside a cabin we stayed at a couple of years ago. It as hilarious to just see random oversized turkeys running around outside.

Skyblade
06-09-2014, 06:19 PM

Except that there's really nothing to fear from that regard.

Spoken like a man who's never been surrounded by hordes of zombies with limited ammunition...

Go play Dead Rising. Ammunition is for chumps.

Someone once commented that they'd never before seen someone whose solution to a zombie outbreak was to methodically kill every zombie. But that is my approach. They really aren't much of a threat to anyone with a brain.

Pity that the whole game is on a timer, or it would have been awesome.

Pumpkin
06-09-2014, 06:25 PM
I really find no interest in zombies. They just don't click with me I guess

metagloria
06-09-2014, 06:39 PM
How about golems?

Alive-Cat
06-09-2014, 06:46 PM
Werewolves for sure. Maybe because I'm loud, hairy and like dogs. I would definitely be a werewolf.

Ayen
06-09-2014, 06:54 PM
Someone once commented that they'd never before seen someone whose solution to a zombie outbreak was to methodically kill every zombie. But that is my approach.

RIP Skyblade.

Ultima Shadow
06-09-2014, 06:55 PM

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c344/AGAFURO/Bernkastel2.png
"Psh! True witches get their strength
from hatred and magic, not love. That
Marisa is just an ordinary magician after all."

Out of that list a Witch since she would have the tools to take out any of the others

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c344/AGAFURO/Bernkastel3.png
"Damn right. I could easily take those
other pitiful creatures on all at once.
While eating popcorn. And laughing.
In fact, even if my laughing would
cause me to choke on a popcorn,
I would still emerge victorious. That's
how awesome we true witches are."

>>> The Medusa, I have been a fan since I was a kid and I always wanted stone gaze powers..:luca:

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c344/AGAFURO/Rider4b-1.png
"M-may I please print this quote,
frame it and hang it by my bed?"

Anyway some choices are...

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c344/AGAFURO/Yukari1.png
"...I can't help but feel like you
left out someone very important."

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c344/AGAFURO/Mio4.pnghttp://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c344/AGAFURO/Yukari2.png
"You mean the two scarlet vampires?
"No, I said 'someone very important'."

Madame Adequate
06-10-2014, 01:59 AM
I had to vote for fairies because SOMEONE insulted me and my House by refusing to place Skeletons upon this list. :colbert:

Shorty
06-10-2014, 02:42 AM
I had to vote for fairies because SOMEONE insulted me and my House by refusing to place Skeletons upon this list. :colbert:

But skeletons are not supernatural. :confused:

Madame Adequate
06-10-2014, 02:44 AM
They are when you click my sig. :colbert:

Depression Moon
06-10-2014, 03:10 AM
Is there a proper name for reanimated skeletons? They're very common in a lot of games namely RPGs. They call them Stalfos in Zelda, but I think they made that up.

Wolf Kanno
06-10-2014, 03:16 AM

They are when they kill you all the damn time in Demon's Souls.

starlet
06-10-2014, 03:43 AM
Turkeys all the way. HAVE YOU NOT SEEN THANKSKILLING?!?

Shorty
06-10-2014, 04:00 AM

Worst movie in existence. There is no other that is worse xD

Kalevala
06-10-2014, 05:19 AM
Turkeys. 100% turkeys. Have you ever been attacked by a wild turkey? Turkeys are some serious shit.

starlet
06-10-2014, 05:57 AM

Thats what makes it so good XD

GOBBLE GOBBLE MOTHERFUCKER! *Dies*

Ayen
06-10-2014, 06:07 AM

Thats what makes it so good XD

GOBBLE GOBBLE MOTHERsmurfER! *Dies*

Who's the best? You're the best. You had all year long to prepare for this day. Are you ready? You're goddamn right I'm ready! Gobble, gobble, mothersmurfer. Gobble, gobble.

Madame Adequate
06-10-2014, 06:12 AM
Is there a proper name for reanimated skeletons? They're very common in a lot of games namely RPGs. They call them Stalfos in Zelda, but I think they made that up.

Proper names? Greg, Stan, Karl, Eric... lots of names!

Vermachtnis
06-10-2014, 07:49 AM
What about Ghost Witches? They're like witches that can go through walls.

CAST VOX
06-10-2014, 11:36 AM
Turkeys. 100% turkeys. Have you ever been attacked by a wild turkey? Turkeys are some serious trout.
Yes, actually. I killed it with a swift kick to the head. I am not impressed.

Is there a proper name for reanimated skeletons? They're very common in a lot of games namely RPGs. They call them Stalfos in Zelda, but I think they made that up.They didn't, "fos" is a suffix meaning warrior (I forget what language it's butchered from). Living Skeletons are called Skeleton Warriors. Although a more concise yet obscure term would be Anima (already plural, no "s" required).

I prefer ghouls, they're basically the best of ghosts and zombies combined, in that they are arcane/otherworldly (like ghosts), and infectious and hungry (like zombies). Also, while zombies eating people is scary, ghouls eating corpses, poop, and the living (without discrimination) is far more disgusting and scary. A ghoul would make a feast out of a zombie horde.

Jiro
06-11-2014, 11:37 AM

Hollow men?

chionos
06-11-2014, 03:44 PM

Have you seen Thankskilling 2?

Also, Werewolves are the best supernatural being. Clearly.

blackmage_nuke
06-11-2014, 08:40 PM

I thought this too but then I noticed "mummy" was on the poll.

Anyway I'll go for Vampire since theres a broad spectrum to choose from though Ghost comes in a close second

Spooniest
06-12-2014, 02:06 AM
I agree, Turkey should win.

Jess
06-12-2014, 08:51 PM
This is too hard. I'm stuck between Vampires and Zombies. I want to vote for both! :mad2: