PDA

View Full Version : Sony E3 2014 Press Conference - Post Show Discussion - #E32014

Aulayna
06-10-2014, 12:25 AM
Monday, 9th June 2014 - 6pm PST, 9pm EST, 2am (Tues 10th) GMT (BST)

For many, Sony won the show back in 2013. Microsoft stumbled, Nintendo had a lot of forward-facing titles but no real big hitters and Sony delivered the whole package. Despite incredible sales since launch, the PlayStation 4 is also suffering from a drought of must-have titles. Microsoft gave us 90 minutes of games earlier. What do Sony have store? Other areas of the Sony corporation have been in financial turmoil, and a number of high-profile developers have departed from some of Sony's third-party exclusive providers.

Then there's also Project Morpheus, Sony's answer to the Occulus Rift. Will this conference be more about the tech, or will we see some killer titles too.

What do you think?

Our Live Blog:

HERE (http://home.eyesonff.com/content.php/3135-Sony-E3-2014)

Too Long, Didn't Read:

Uncharted 4!
Destiny Beta first on PlayStation
White PS4 bundle with Destiny
PlayStation TV coming to the West
PlayStation Now entering Open Beta next month
Dead Island 2
The Order 1886 footage
Standalone content for InFAMOUS Second Son, does not require the base game
Little BIG Planet 3!
Bloodborne - from the creator of Dark Souls
Magicka 2
Grim Fandago remake!
Arkham Knight - new footage
No Man's Sky
Indie Games galore
Video content for PS+
YouTube Sharing
No Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts (don't say we didn't warn you!)

Depression Moon
06-10-2014, 12:28 AM
Please give me something new and innovative!

Wolf Kanno
06-10-2014, 01:20 AM
Please don't make this conference be 90% of sales chart showing how much ass they are kicking and then showing off Morpheus, with the last 10 minutes dedicated to new games of which 80% we already knew about and the other 20% are stuff we'll probably never hear about again.

Freya
06-10-2014, 01:26 AM
I want them to have been lying to me about XV and KH3. Please :(

Aulayna
06-10-2014, 02:25 AM
Little BIG Planet 3!

(also I love the girls dress...)

Ayen
06-10-2014, 02:37 AM
:excited:

Depression Moon
06-10-2014, 02:38 AM
Hell yeah. I'm getting another sequel to my second favorite game of all time.

Wolf Kanno
06-10-2014, 02:53 AM
Man I wish my internet didn't suck so much so I could get a decent stream of the conference. :(

Depression Moon
06-10-2014, 02:56 AM
Man I wish my internet didn't suck so much so I could get a decent stream of the conference. :( Try gametrailers. Mines was acting up to, but trailers is the only one that won't jump.

Pete for President
06-10-2014, 03:31 AM
Has Sony not learned anything from Microsoft last year? TV is exactly not what we want. GAMES = EVERYTHING

Hyped for No Man's Sky.

Aulayna
06-10-2014, 03:52 AM
Has Sony not learned anything from Microsoft last year? TV is exactly not what we want. GAMES = EVERYTHING

Hyped for No Man's Sky.

Sony can seemingly do no wrong. When they showed off PS TV in Asia, the internet pretty much errupted demanding that it was released in the west.

No Man's Sky does indeed like fantastic.

Wolf Kanno
06-10-2014, 03:57 AM
The show was okay, I'd probably be more stoked if I hadn't already seen the new MGSV trailer earlier. Abzu looked interesting and No Man's Sky looked good. Other than that, I'm still not seeing much to make me jump out of my seat and go buy a PS4 just yet.

Jiro
06-10-2014, 04:00 AM
Only caught the last half hour or so but Sony seemed to bring the noise. Some damn cool shit, and that list in the OP shows some really strong entries.

Ayen
06-10-2014, 04:01 AM
Meh. Only thing I care for is Metal Gear Solid V. Not interested in anything else. After how underwhelming Arkham Origins was I'm not that excited for Arkham Knight.

Pete for President
06-10-2014, 04:36 AM
Bloodborne Miyazaki FromSoftware hype!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXqiIxwPINs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXqiIxwPINs

Missed that trailer at first. I am superstoked that the man is bringing a brand new title and that it's not Demon's Souls 2 or Dark Souls 3.

It looks horrifying. I wonder how much Souls spirit it will have, but judging by the odd main character my prediction is this will have a set story with a set main character, rather than a character creation thing.

No gameplay in the trailer makes me think I should stay skeptical, but I do like what I see. Miyazaki's subtlety is definitely in there. Little action is shown, and the end almost makes me feel like the playable character is the bad guy. I hope he is.

Del Murder
06-10-2014, 04:46 AM
Meh. Only thing I care for is Metal Gear Solid V. Not interested in anything else. After how underwhelming Arkham Origins was I'm not that excited for Arkham Knight.
Rocksteady (maker of first two Arkham games) outsourced Arkham Origins so that they could devote themselves fully to Arkham Knight. Judge it more on if you liked Arkham Asylum or Arkham City than on Origins.

Good lineup from Sony, particularly Uncharted 4, Order 1886, and Arkham Knight.

Freya
06-10-2014, 04:54 AM
Guys! Teedus is the voice actor for ratchet! Tidus is coming to the big screens!

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--_a2YdW-2--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_320/afyjtnq2xbejga4mc4pm.gif

Little know fact: I love the ratchet and clank series.

Everything else was okay.

I'm usually very excitable about this stuff and I'm just not very excited about much of any of it... Beside a ratchet and clank movie that is.

Bolivar
06-10-2014, 05:21 AM
I was in the theater and people really went nuts for No Man's Sky. It was a great surprise to have something new and innovative like that shown.

The Paradox Interactive announcement came from out of nowhere. It's nice to have Magicka on consoles but it's bizarre that all their teams are working on PS4, as they don't really make games I expect to play on console.

The PlayStation TV overview was nice and they kind of one-upped Valve on in-home streaming, considering it will have so much more console-centric games on day 1.

Far Cry 4 easily the most "next-gen" game shown. We also got into the early Destiny and Hardline betas, with some other goodies at the theater. Those three games look great but it sucks that it's three holiday first person shooters. There were just too much FPS last gen and I can't get into all of them, regardless of how good they may be.

Disappointed not to hear any first party games coming for Vita. I'm excited to play all the Dennaton indies on the handheld day 1 but the system needs more love from Sony to really shine.

Ayen
06-10-2014, 05:27 AM
Rocksteady (maker of first two Arkham games) outsourced Arkham Origins so that they could devote themselves fully to Arkham Knight. Judge it more on if you liked Arkham Asylum or Arkham City than on Origins.

I would have preferred they just skip Origins and go to Knight in that case.

NeoCracker
06-10-2014, 05:39 AM
Solid lineup, I'm excited for Bloodborne mostly. Good move announcing the Destiny BUndle, as well as bringing up Playstation TV.

Overall a bit better then I felt it was going to be, at least judging by the lineup I read, didnt' sit through the actual conference.

Edit: Okay, add in No Mans Sky. I am hyped.

Noctis Caelum
06-10-2014, 06:02 AM
Sony had a better selection of games, but the presentation was horrible.
Microsoft had a horrible selection of games, but the presentation was brilliant (by comparison).

There is no winner of E3, they both dropped the ball and lost. Overall, most disappointing E3 ever. Sony's conference was horrible. Absolutely horrible. Just got murdered by TV and movies.

Batman Arkham Knight will be GOTY 2015 though.

Mirage
06-10-2014, 11:26 AM

I would have preferred they just skip Origins and go to Knight in that case.

They probably needed to make money while making Knight as well.

black orb
06-10-2014, 07:48 PM
XqiIxwPINs

I wonder how much Souls spirit it will have
>>> I see the Dark Souls spirit everywhere..:luca:

Del Murder
06-10-2014, 08:40 PM
Batman Arkham Knight will be GOTY 2015 though.
I agree. It looks AWESOME.

Didn't see much of Uncharted 4 but I'm still excited. Order 1886 also looks intriguing. Good to see a fun new IP for a change.

Depression Moon
06-11-2014, 12:58 AM

Origins wasn't made by Rocksteady though. There was new Arkham Knight info?

Ayen
06-11-2014, 12:59 AM

Origins wasn't made by Rocksteady though.

This was pointed out to me already.

Jess
06-13-2014, 10:36 PM
Grim Fandango remake happening makes me happy. :excited: