PDA

View Full Version : Metal Gear Solid V Trailer!

KentaRawr!
06-10-2014, 02:08 AM
And it's so, so good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HU5iSJkHR0c

Ayen
06-10-2014, 02:43 AM
Is that Hal's dad I see?

lol @ "Coming 1984".

KentaRawr!
06-10-2014, 02:44 AM
Is that Hal's dad I see?

lol @ "Coming 1984".

Yes! It's Huey. He was in Peace Walker and Ground Zeroes, too.

Ayen
06-10-2014, 02:45 AM
Is that Hal's dad I see?

lol @ "Coming 1984".

Yes! It's Huey. He was in Peace Walker and Ground Zeroes, too.

Ah. After MGS4 I really haven't been paying attention. Speaking of MGS4, I still need to play MGS4.

Wolf Kanno
06-10-2014, 02:55 AM
Saw this earlier today, some sweet stuff. Wonder if Kojima is going to break one of the biggest rules of gaming (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/InfantImmortality) with this one?

KentaRawr!
06-10-2014, 03:12 AM
Saw this earlier today, some sweet stuff. Wonder if Kojima is going to break one of the biggest rules of gaming (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/InfantImmortality) with this one?

Technically you could kill children in Metal Gear 2. It just wasn't part of the narrative, and the game would take away from your health bar when you do it.

Wolf Kanno
06-10-2014, 03:18 AM
True, forgot about that. Might have a bigger impact in this version though. I'm starting to think we should expect an AO rating and maybe a toned down M rating version.

KentaRawr!
06-10-2014, 03:48 AM
On a related note, cardboard boxes are a thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWy_4v8-bZs

Ayen
06-10-2014, 03:49 AM
BOOM! HEAD SHOT!

Del Murder
06-10-2014, 05:03 AM
Looks pretty sweet. Will have to get used to Sutherland as Snake though.

Wolf Kanno
06-10-2014, 05:08 AM
Anyone else wondering why Big Boss is hanging out with Ghostface and Ghostface has apparently gained an eye patch since Ground Zeroes?

I also wonder if the guy aiming the laser gun sight on BB is either Ocelot or (and I am hoping) Grey Fox. Not to mention the solider with the slight yellow scarf that keeps appearing throughout the trailer, nameless mook or possibly a grown up Chico?

Bolivar
06-10-2014, 05:33 AM
I really can't make heads or tails what's going on in the trailer or what the game will be about but I'm glad. I try to stay away from MGS trailers because I really don't want to know who's returning or what settings the gameplay will take place in, as they show the entirety of the locales by the time it actually releases.

What I can say for sure is that this game looks, runs, and plays gorgeous at 1080p 60fps, Koji_Pro have exceeded my expectations on the technical front.

krissy
06-12-2014, 12:43 AM
Kojima rocks at trailers, and directing movies
But like I'm gonna wait til its cheap. Mgs4 looooked great too. Surely woudlve looked great against a rock ballad. Do u need to play ground zeros for this game to make sense?

Mirage
06-12-2014, 01:05 AM
True, forgot about that. Might have a bigger impact in this version though. I'm starting to think we should expect an AO rating and maybe a toned down M rating version.

What I'm wondering is why we can't have both in the same game. With parental controls built into the consoles, can't the game be made to show a version with a lower rating if they aren't allowed to play AO? Of course, this assumes that parents actually spend some time setting up the consoles. So much for that.

Kojima rocks at trailers, and directing movies
But like I'm gonna wait til its cheap. Mgs4 looooked great too. Surely woudlve looked great against a rock ballad. Do u need to play ground zeros for this game to make sense?
I'm thinking/hoping/assuming that Ground Zeroes will be built into the game, or delivered on the same disc as MGS5.

Wolf Kanno
06-12-2014, 01:30 AM

What I'm wondering is why we can't have both in the same game. With parental controls built into the consoles, can't the game be made to show a version with a lower rating if they aren't allowed to play AO? Of course, this assumes that parents actually spend some time setting up the consoles. So much for that.

I got the impression from the Hot Coffee incident years back that the guidelines for game ratings say they have to be based on all the content on the disc. So even if you can modify the things out from the options menu, it still has to be graded as the full content to make sure parents are aware of what is on the game disc. It's the reason Hot Coffee was such a big deal cause even though the content wasn't accessible through normal means, the fact it was on the disc was a violation of the guidelines the ESRB had set up.

It would be an easier solution but people are lazy and prone to not take responsibility for their own faults. :wcanoe:

Mirage
06-12-2014, 01:34 AM
yeah well fuck the ersb

Wolf Kanno
06-12-2014, 01:37 AM
They are honestly not that bad. Better than the alternative...

Mirage
06-12-2014, 01:38 AM
what is the alternative?

Bolivar
06-12-2014, 01:43 AM
Public regulation as opposed to private.

Wolf Kanno
06-12-2014, 01:46 AM
The ESRB was set-up because the government was getting ready to come in and start putting regulations on games for minors after games like Mortal Kombat and Night Trap started making headlines.

Granted it might not be as bad as it would have been back then but honestly, the ESRB has done a pretty damn good job so I have no real complaints against them.

Mirage
06-12-2014, 11:24 AM
No regulation at all is also a possibility. fuck da police etc

Aulayna
06-12-2014, 02:35 PM
I haven't played an MGS game in full since Sons of Liberty, I started Snake Eater but went to Uni so never finished it. MGS4 just looked bizarre. I have no idea what's going on in it anymore.

Bolivar
06-12-2014, 04:24 PM
If you saw the ending of Sons of Liberty you know pretty much everything going on in 4. If you plan on jumping into V you might want to get around to finishing Snake Eater, and possibly Peace Walker although it's not as important. You can get both (and MGS2) on the HD remaster collection for 360/PS3. I imagine you could find it floating around for a few bucks somewhere.

You should play MGS3 regardless, as it's probably the closest anyone has ever come to making a perfect game.

KentaRawr!
06-14-2014, 10:24 PM
Anyone else wondering why Big Boss is hanging out with Ghostface and Ghostface has apparently gained an eye patch since Ground Zeroes?

I also wonder if the guy aiming the laser gun sight on BB is either Ocelot or (and I am hoping) Grey Fox. Not to mention the solider with the slight yellow scarf that keeps appearing throughout the trailer, nameless mook or possibly a grown up Chico?

If we're thinking of the same yellow scarf guy, I'm pretty positive that's Ocelot. o.o

Big D
06-15-2014, 06:25 AM
I think this is when I'll be picking up a PS4. It's going to be a tough game to play through, though - it looks like they're aiming for much greater realism when it comes to the reality of battlefield trauma and injury. Additionally, knowing so much of what's eventually going to happen to these characters later is going to hurt. For instance, knowing that Big Boss is just going to be betrayed, defeated and villainised by one foe after another, Huey is going to separate from Strangelove and ultimately drown himself after discovering that his new wife is having an affair with his son Hal, and Miller's going to settle down and become a drill instructor for the US military only to be murdered by one of Liquid Snake's operatives during the Shadow Moses incident.

I think it'll make the experience a really unique one, though - knowing what actually happens to all these characters at their ends, knowing how the world will come to regard them, but being taken along on the journey showing how they actually reach that point, one betrayal, sacrifice and loss at a time. I expect this game will be unleashing a great many of 'the feels'.